What's new

Bangladesh Air Force

Thats what we can do...
i have given my honest advise many time lets talk about what BD have in hands and leave this purchase purchase aside . but in last many years even before BG purchase they were doing same . lets move on guys its not worth .

D2bR3d9WoAA4_vt.jpg

Keep twidling your thumbs BAF!

quantitaive maybe but qualitative... i doubt that... given what i saw in reccent fight with pakistan... i actually expected india to do really good... not that it benefits me in any way. but i thought their pilots have matured and become as good as pakistans but now i realize they still have their ego...
eh well...
idk why the 35s... tbh 30s are decent enough if establishing a maritime strike is all, they're buying that for...

In a highly asymmetrical competition, like in the case of IAF & BAF (if such competition exists), the bigger state with an accessive quantity has a higher probability of having comparative/relative quality against a smaller opponent. IAF in comparison to BAF has both quantity and quality. The reasons for IAF's bad performance against PAF are manifold. One can write a thesis on it. But I don't think those mistakes are relevant in IAF vs. BAF situation. As East Pakistan, Bangladesh produced some of the greatest fighter pilots in the region. World class, in fact. But the lack of availability of quality (& quantity) aircraft and training seems to have wasted away the potential. Anyway, with Myanmar acquiring JF-17s and Su-30 I think Hasina would find something for BAF. Whether that 'something' is going to be based on availability or BAF's requirements and preference or Hasina's own political interest would be the deciding point.

In a highly asymmetrical competition, like in the case of IAF & BAF (if such competition exists), the bigger state with an accessive quantity has a higher probability of having comparative/relative quality against a smaller opponent. IAF in comparison to BAF has both quantity and quality. The reasons for IAF's bad performance against PAF are manifold. One can write a thesis on it. But I don't think those mistakes are relevant in IAF vs. BAF situation. As East Pakistan, Bangladesh produced some of the greatest fighter pilots in the region. World class, in fact. But the lack of availability of quality (& quantity) aircraft and training seems to have wasted away the potential. Anyway, with Myanmar acquiring JF-17s and Su-30 I think Hasina would find something for BAF. Whether that 'something' is going to be based on availability or BAF's requirements and preference or Hasina's own political interest would be the deciding point.

The last sentence is why I am so concerned.

As far as Bengalis in leadership positions are concerned, corruption and personal self-interest trumps all.

Ex-RAF C-17 Globemaster III will be purchased and operated jointly by the Bangladesh Army and Air Force. The Special Forces units will use these behemoths for rapid deploying in regional and international theatres to support Bangladeshi forces deployed around the world.

Large scale Special Forces and Airborne Infantry will be availed the support of the mighty C-17s.

UK continues to be a strong defence partner of Bangladesh. It is supplying C-130Js to BAF. Two will join the air fleet within months.

#BDMilitary.com #BangladeshAirForce

@Imran Khan we will soon add some sexy bird inshaallah .:-)

Ex-RAF C-17 Globemaster III will be purchased and operated jointly by the Bangladesh Army and Air Force. The Special Forces units will use these behemoths for rapid deploying in regional and international theatres to support Bangladeshi forces deployed around the world.

Large scale Special Forces and Airborne Infantry will be availed the support of the mighty C-17s.

UK continues to be a strong defence partner of Bangladesh. It is supplying C-130Js to BAF. Two will join the air fleet within months.

How credible is this news?? These ca 17s bought by uk 2008 they have only 8 of them. Whats their reason for selling this bird?

How credible is this news?? These ca 17s bought by uk 2008 they have only 8 of them. Whats their reason for selling this bird?
fans and more fans

UK paid 260mnBP for services and support 5 years .
https://www.airforce-technology.com/news/uk-mod-signs-260m-fms-deal-us-support-rafs-c-17-aircraft/

they give away C-130s you guys start collecting C-17s too :rofl:

upload_2019-3-29_9-43-23.png

Myanmar Air Force JF-17M including the two-seater.

How's that aerobatics team coming along BAF?

Last edited:
https://www.urdupoint.com/en/world/russia-offers-best-in-class-su-30sme-mig-35-577830.html

Russia Offers Best-in-Class Su-30SME, MiG-35 Fighters To Bangladesh - Aircraft Corporation

Umer Jamshaid 4 days ago Mon 25th March 2019 | 04:22 PM

pic_1553512939.jpg

Dhaka previously announced a tender to purchase eight fighters for its air force

LANGKAWI (Malaysia) (UrduPoint news / Sputnik - 25th March, 2019) Russia offers its best-in-class Su-30SME (NATO reporting name: Flanker-C) and MiG-35 (NATOreporting name: Fulcrum-F) aircraft to Bangladesh in a bidding competition, Ilya Tarasenko, the vice president for military-technical cooperation at the United Aircraft Corporation, told Sputnik.

Dhaka previously announced a tender to purchase eight fighters for its air force.

"Our countries have been cooperating for many years. The fleet of the Bangladesh Air Force consists mainly of Russian-made aircraft. We believe that our offer in the class of two-seat heavy and medium fighters of 4+ generation and this is Su-30SME and MiG-35 aircraft is the best in class," Tarasenko said ahead of the 2019 Langkawi International Maritime and Aerospace Exhibition, set to start on Tuesday.

Russian-made MiG-29 aircraft, Mil Mi-17 helicopters and Yak-130 trainer aircraft are used by Bangladesh.

This was the only other piece I found that mentioned something referring to your post.

Back
Top Bottom