What's new

Bangladesh Air Force

missiles cost more tbh... especially if you intend to make your own...

Missiles whilst not cheap are technologically easier to master.... BD does not need cutting edge stuff. With enough of them you can keep the enemy unbalanced. BD can easily neutralise the air bases around us forcing enemy to use their long range fighters and minimising operational freedom of ground troops.

In any potential conflict missiles will significantly increase our operational range. Its a phycological thing.... the enemy will know that BD can start hitting targets before any wars crosses into our border. Depending on the type of missiles we can put in place air cover that BAF is in no position to provide.

bangladesh airforce got the delivery of 5 more mil mi-171sh helicopters from russia..
source-DTB,DEFRES

54256461_391493684761673_7904639454315282432_n.jpg

#Dogfight_simulation_of_MiG_29SE_of_BAF

Here we go 2x MiG-29 engaged in dog fight over Dhaka. Demonstrates chasing the foe at a very low altitude to get a clear shot as well as to the safe zone far from the locality(DTB)

apparently the pilots of the military hardware display are telling the public that mig 35 and su-35 are what's going to be bought

MiG-35 makes sense for BAF. Su-35 is overkill and burden in terms of maintenance cost for the country the size of BD. It would be better to buy more of MiG-35 and spend on upgrading existing MiG-29 and buying more used ones. 60+ MiG-35/29 would be sufficient to counter small regional threats, maintain for next 30 to 40 years, and retire the legacy aircraft in mid to long run. Nothing you can buy would matter to IAF given their virtually unsurpassable quantitative and qualitative edge. Plus, they are not a threat as long as Hasina is in power Perhaps, not even if BNP comes to power. Myanmar Su-30 deal is more symbolic and going to be problematic in terms of operations.

Nothing you can buy would matter to IAF given their virtually unsurpassable quantitative and qualitative edge.
quantitaive maybe but qualitative... i doubt that... given what i saw in reccent fight with pakistan... i actually expected india to do really good... not that it benefits me in any way. but i thought their pilots have matured and become as good as pakistans but now i realize they still have their ego...
eh well...
idk why the 35s... tbh 30s are decent enough if establishing a maritime strike is all, they're buying that for...

MiG-35 makes sense for BAF. Su-35 is overkill and burden in terms of maintenance cost for the country the size of BD. It would be better to buy more of MiG-35 and spend on upgrading existing MiG-29 and buying more used ones. 60+ MiG-35/29 would be sufficient to counter small regional threats, maintain for next 30 to 40 years, and retire the legacy aircraft in mid to long run. Nothing you can buy would matter to IAF given their virtually unsurpassable quantitative and qualitative edge. Plus, they are not a threat as long as Hasina is in power Perhaps, not even if BNP comes to power. Myanmar Su-30 deal is more symbolic and going to be problematic in terms of operations.
Well, in my POV only Gripen E makes sense for BAF. Other options are either too expensive or hanger queen.

~36 Gripen E with ~6 Global Eye AEW combo will do the defensive job for BAF.

BTW, weapons package also matters...

Well, in my POV only Gripen E makes sense for BAF. Other options are either too expensive or hanger queen.

~36 Gripen E with ~6 Global Eye AEW combo will do the defensive job for BAF.

BTW, weapons package also matters...

Agree.

Sad to see which direction BAF seems to be going. (If rumors are true)

The whole India/Pakistan skirmish does not look favorably on the Flanker.

Agree.

The whole India/Pakistan skirmish does not look favorably on the Flanker.

Let us wait and see. BAF may just pull a surprise on us all!

I would not take one air battle and write off the Flanker as it is a formidable air superiority fighter looking at it's specs. Tactics, pilot skill and the whole support package decide the outcome of air warfare.

Last edited:
Its awful...
The whole India/Pakistan skirmish does not look favorably on the Flanker
What did you expect from that hanger queen?

Let us wait and see. BAF may just pull a surprise on us all!
Yep, what ever they will purchase, they will go for the most inferior version with with fucked up weapons package. Thats for sure...
I would not take one air battle and write off the Flanker as it is a formidable air superiority fighter looking at it's specs. Tactics, pilot skill and the whole support package decide the outcome of air warfare.
Flankers has inferior electronics and weapons package compared to its western counterparts. It is a proven hanger queen too. BD can't make skillful pilots with this hanger queen.

bruh i'll be married in a few years and BAF is yet to buy a fighter... i've been waiting since puberty
#MeToo

That's a 8 billion dollar deal. Can the BAF afford that in all honesty?
I dont know mate! They should be able to afford this amount. But, if they cant, we should rename them as air guards...

Back
Top Bottom