What's new

Bangladesh Air Force

There has not been a major military training programme or a major military exercise between the two countries.
BD military officials have visited Pakistan but only for regular courses. PAF's major exercises entail joint training, joint flights, development of joint tactics, etc. There is nothing 'joint' with BAF. Besides, JF-17/FC-1 will be a completely different story. It's not just the aircraft but politics that comes with it. The Indians won't be happy with it & Shiekh Hasina cannot afford to make India unhappy. BNP might be a different story. India & Awami League would also not be comfortable in either stationing PAF pilots in BD, or sending BD pilots to Pakistan, in fear of indoctrination. China can step in. Hassina won't have much problem with that but India would. The politics of JF-17 has perhaps kept BD away from buying it. Otherwise, it is an ideal jet for the country.

I agree with your statement. JF17 was a national priority for pakistan whilst BAF does seem like a national joke. Heres hoping they turn it around.

I agree with your statement. JF17 was a national priority for pakistan whilst BAF does seem like a national joke. Heres hoping they turn it around.

Dynamics of Pakistan's arms acquisitions are significantly different from that of BD.

I believe balancing between India and China, & also bashing Pakistan for political reasons, is not going in favour of BD. Awami League/Hasina knows JF-17s would come with restrictions under their rule, & it will require a big political compromise on their end. FC-20A is probably a similar story. The only good option for BAF under the current regime is going to Russia. There were big talks of new MiG-29 & Su-30 from Russia in the early 2000s but nothing came of it. So, I guess that story wasn't serious either. My suggestion, once again, for BAF would be to buy 2nd hand MiG-29s, have them upgraded, and join India's LCA programme.

Dynamics of Pakistan's arms acquisitions are significantly different from that of BD.

I believe balancing between India and China, & also bashing Pakistan for political reasons, is not going in favour of BD. Awami League/Hasina knows JF-17s would come with restrictions under their rule, & it will require a big political compromise on their end. FC-20A is probably a similar story. The only good option for BAF under the current regime is going to Russia. There were big talks of new MiG-29 & Su-30 from Russia in the early 2000s but nothing came of it. So, I guess that story wasn't serious either. My suggestion, once again, for BAF would be to buy 2nd hand MiG-29s, have them upgraded, and join India's LCA programme.

LCA programme?

o_O

BD can buy J-10C from China if it has the cash for it.

If BD ends up buying the LCA, they might as well just disband the BAF.

the 2000s deal was adequate until khaleda decided to **** BAF up for good...
purged all the good officers and cancelled the 8 completely ready for delivery... cancelled the 16 more on process of being manufactured and tried putting mig 29s up for sale...
it's not that she only fucked BAF up, she even put the most advanced frigate of that time in the region/ still the best one in BN fleet... up in the dock without any maintainance... that thing needed so much repair to be bought back to service when hasina came back to power.... she cancelled the order for the other ulsan class frigate too...

even back in 2018 the talk of the day was j-10 would come with su30 since they share common engines, it would be easier to maintain and shit.... but russia offered mig 35 with limited transfer of tech on conditions for acquiring su 30 and the deal was backtracked for some more... heard we're supposed to hear some kind of announcement this month... let's see... hopefully those incompetent fucks made up their mind

Islamabad gave several squadrons of F-6 fighter aircraft as a gift to the Bangladeshi air force in the late 1980s although most of these were destroyed in a cyclonic storm which hit coastal Bangladesh in 1991.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/south_asia/2158900.stm

This is something new for me.
Yes, both news is true.
1) BAF received a number of jet planes from the PAF.
2) These planes were stationed in Chittagong/Patenga. The BAF Chief neglected to move the planes to other destinations before a cyclone hit the shore. The planes were destroyed probably by the seawater and the BAF Chief lost his job as a consequence.

purged all the good officers and cancelled the 8 completely ready for delivery... cancelled the 16 more on process of being manufactured and tried putting mig 29s up for sale...
it's not that she only fucked BAF up, she even put the most advanced frigate of that time in the region/ still the best one in BN fleet... up in the dock without any maintainance... that thing needed so much repair to be bought back to service when hasina came back to power.... she cancelled the order for the other ulsan class frigate too...

even back in 2018 the talk of the day was j-10 would come with su30 since they share common engines, it would be easier to maintain and shit.... but russia offered mig 35 with limited transfer of tech on conditions for acquiring su 30 and the deal was backtracked for some more... heard we're supposed to hear some kind of announcement this month... let's see... hopefully those incompetent fucks made up their mind

this 2 person have screwed up the military making bad decisions

Hasina hasn't done much in that case either. She has had a controversial but stable rule in BD for a long time now (two consecutive terms now, right?). She has governed a better economy. Yet, she has made no attempt to improve BAF. Both AL & BNP might have their reasons for not pursuing BAF's modernization, or both have been simply careless. In either case, BAF's combat capability is depleting fast. I am not that well aware of BD's security dynamics, so I can't say anything about the possibility of any war with Myanmar, but Myanmar Air Force is quickly modernising. Not only does BAF appear in need of new fighter jets to catch up, but IMO, it will need to retire F-7s in a decades time.

Hasina hasn't done much in that case either. She has had a controversial but stable rule in BD for a long time now (two consecutive terms now, right?). She has governed a better economy. Yet, she has made no attempt to improve BAF. Both AL & BNP might have their reasons for not pursuing BAF's modernization, or both have been simply careless. In either case, BAF's combat capability is depleting fast. I am not that well aware of BD's security dynamics, so I can't say anything about the possibility of any war with Myanmar, but Myanmar Air Force is quickly modernising. Not only does BAF appear in need of new fighter jets to catch up, but IMO, it will need to retire F-7s in a decades time.
well yeah... her main focus has been the navy since it was the weakest among all the force... BAF doesn't have a combat capability to speak of tbh... the focus should shift to BAF

F7 BGIs are not bad but they can not conceivably remain as frontline fighters.... they have near BVR capability supposedly but whilst they have a good 20 years life in them in the long run beyond acting as interceptor within BD airspace supplimented by land based air defense they are as good as useless.

BAF absolutely need to be prioritised or alternatively prioritise a massive missile force like Iran. The latter would be a cheaper option providing BA and BN of some support. BAF have no capacity to support the rest of the forces in any manner whatsoever.

F7 BGIs are not bad but they can not conceivably remain as frontline fighters.... they have near BVR capability supposedly but whilst they have a good 20 years life in them in the long run beyond acting as interceptor within BD airspace supplimented by land based air defense they are as good as useless.

BAF absolutely need to be prioritised or alternatively prioritise a massive missile force like Iran. The latter would be a cheaper option providing BA and BN of some support. BAF have no capacity to support the rest of the forces in any manner whatsoever.
missiles cost more tbh... especially if you intend to make your own...

Back
Top Bottom