What's new

Bangladesh Air Force

40215499_1925790307485246_8125356539461500928_o.jpg

Yakolev 130 of BAF's 25th Sqn

I don't think its too late.

BD can always go the China route and get a BAF specific version of FC-1.

That would only make the most sense out of all the options.

Glad to see Thunder perform well.
Instead of going for FC-1, BD should opt for a complete different aircraft jointly developed by BD with some foreign partner. In the meantime buy J-10 as front line fighter.
As BD has no problem in buying Engine or Avionics from east or west, there should not be any problem for BD engineers to design a air frame... may be we could start with low tech and then go up the ladder.

View attachment 544218
Yakolev 130 of BAF's 25th Sqn
Please stop posting posters all the time. What purpose does it serve? Its not a kindergarten school.

Instead of going for FC-1, BD should opt for a complete different aircraft jointly developed by BD with some foreign partner. In the meantime buy J-10 as front line fighter.
As BD has no problem in buying Engine or Avionics from east or west, there should not be any problem for BD engineers to design a air frame... may be we could start with low tech and then go up the ladder.

Please stop posting posters all the time. What purpose does it serve? Its not a kindergarten school.

BD is in no position to develop anything.

Just buy something off the shelf and develop a real tactical capability first.

Naah you are a liar ! Don't be an indian

Nope ... all "facts" and videos so far presented as proof that a Su-30MKI was chased and later downed were later proven wrong. As such You must admit, regardless all claims and many reports the so far only proven kill was that MiG-21 Bision.
Otherwise the Su-30MKI is as much unconfirmed as the F-16 claimed by India.

That should be the way forward and I hope BAF is also thinking that way. Modernization of BAC and the establishment of the Aviation and Aerospace university are pointing at it.

BD is in no position to develop anything.

Just buy something off the shelf and develop a real tactical capability first.

While I agree - one has to start for change somewhere.....

I don't believe what we have today is either ideal or self-sufficient. If you start getting indigenous capability at 10% in any large arms purchase that is still a start of something. Then you can ramp up slowly - given budget and resources. No nation got to 100% in one day. Just dismissing this away is the wrong approach.

Nations one tenth our size are efficient producers of multiple arms lines (ex: Belorussian Republic). Not to speak of Romania, Serbia, Bosnia etc. Hungary is however in another league.

A nation of hundred and sixty million cannot remain beholden to outside sources forever for every minor arms requirement, it is neither sustainable nor practical. We already possess the talent for being self-sufficient in this, all that is required is to manage and harness it. Or we can grow talent, given our growing budget. It is simply that the resolve at the top level for the political guts is absent.

I belive BD is aiming at building a basic trainer following establishment or upgrading of overhauling facilities supporting migs, F7s and Yaks.

The latter work is complete... one hopes trainer work has commenced...

Nations one tenth our size are efficient producers of multiple arms lines (ex: Belorussian Republic). Not to speak of Romania, Serbia, Bosnia etc. Hungary is however in another league.

Whilst i agree with your posts ... the arms industry in each of these countries were put there by the russians as a means of extending the logistics networks during the cold war. Each country have carried on. None of them have developed anything new. BD needs to aim higher these countries.

While I agree - one has to start for change somewhere.....

I don't believe what we have today is either ideal or self-sufficient. If you start getting indigenous capability at 10% in any large arms purchase that is still a start of something. Then you can ramp up slowly - given budget and resources. No nation got to 100% in one day. Just dismissing this away is the wrong approach.

A nation of hundred and sixty million cannot remain beholden to outside sources forever for every minor arms requirement, it is neither sustainable nor practical. We already possess the talent for being self-sufficient in this, all that is required is to manage and harness it. Or we can grow talent, given our growing budget. It is simply that the resolve at the top level for the political guts is absent.

Yea I agree.

The talent is there.

Alot of the Bengali folks in the US that I have met are indicative of that.

But all I'm trying to say is I want the BD military to develop teeth.

Real capability.

Specifically the BAF.

Invest the lion's share of limited resources into that first.

Then by all means build what needs to be built to get indiginization underway.

BD has potential.

But we got alot of things to fix first to tap that.

best option is gripen but sanctions can loom and j10a ...
a localized version FC1 would have been perfect but relationships with pakistan mean that it will not happen

if bangladesh wants less than 20 jets it should go for cost effective gripen
if it wants 60-80 jets it should got for j10 vs fc1

in my opinion no need for any jets, Bangladesh has good relationship with everyone and Myanmar will not mess with Bangladesh with china and india support

best option is gripen but sanctions can loom and j10a ...
a localized version FC1 would have been perfect but relationships with pakistan mean that it will not happen

if bangladesh wants less than 20 jets it should go for cost effective gripen
if it wants 60-80 jets it should got for j10 vs fc1

in my opinion no need for any jets, Bangladesh has good relationship with everyone and Myanmar will not mess with Bangladesh with china and india support

Disagree with the last part.

I used to be a peacenik in regards to BD military.

No more.

BD has to grow up.

InshAllah, I hope the impending fighter choice is a good one.

So I post a picture of a jet and you're saying that this should be on a kindergarten school? OK and what should be on here then? Your bla bla discussions about what jet we should get and whatsoever? As if you know more than the top officials on what we should get? Theres a reason why they're the top officials deciding how our armed forces would be improved and you're still a umm.. Keyboard war planner.

Please stop yanking about what jets we are gonna get or and future bla bla bla stuff. This is getting boring hearing the same stuff for years. Its not as if we're getting anything anytime soon.

Tumio jano amio jani baaltao aibona.

Back
Top Bottom