What's new

Bangladesh Air Force

you guys are still discussing it ? dont you guys feel bor ? its been now 10 years this talk is on going here . its far better if you guys discuss current capabilities of BAF rather then gripen mig-35 f-16 f-18 EU fighter rafale j-10 here . even i click this thread after 3 or 5 years i see same talks going on here

It's a discussion forum pal.

That's what we do here.....discuss.

The fact is BAF IS looking for a new fighter.

What its going to be is of course up for discussion/speculation.

In my opinion, the selection of the new fighter is of monumental significance for the BAF.

It sets up the next 40 years in my opinion.

Historically, if you look back BAF was actually interested in F-16 way back in 1999.

Of course the US laughed at BD.

Thats when the Mig-29s were bought as a result of US refusal to supply the F-16.

Things have changed somewhat.

US hardware may in fact be an option. Or at the very least from other Western nations.

Also the economy is certainly in better shape in 2019 than in 1999.

Gripen is DEFINITELY in the realm of possibilities.

The only problem is the apparent tunnel vision by the BAF into looking at only Russian and Chinese options.

Last edited:
Its a discussion forum pal.

Thats what we do here.....discuss.

The fact is BAF IS looking for a new fighter.

What its going to be is of course up for discussion/speculation.
but my dear sir its like 3rd batch of BD members doint it since 2006 and we see nothing on ground . i will happily join it if it was real current air force debate . but any how you are right please carry-on guys

but my dear sir its like 3rd batch of BD members doint it since 2006 and we see nothing on ground . i will happily join it if it was real current air force debate . but any how you are right please carry-on guys

Yea you're correct.

Much inaction.

Oh well.

All we can do is talk about it here and wait.

you guys are still discussing it ? dont you guys feel bor ? its been now 10 years this talk is on going here . its far better if you guys discuss current capabilities of BAF rather then gripen mig-35 f-16 f-18 EU fighter rafale j-10 here . even i click this thread after 3 or 5 years i see same talks going on here

I'm not seriously discussing. I just like to see what few reasonable BD members think on few issues :P. Rest I will watch and see.

Yea you're correct.

Much inaction.

Oh well.

All we can do is talk about it here and wait.
dont you guys have military professionals on defense forums in BD sir . i mean real officals not fanboys ? whom can give hints whats going on ?

I'm not seriously discussing. I just like to see what few reasonable BD members think on few issues :P. Rest I will watch and see.
it was early days i still remember in 2007-08-09 we have some BD members here they always discuss about new fighters . then i did not visit BD section for years again when i checked in 2012-13 discuss was same members were changed . then i became busy in life and recently few months ago i again visited BD section things are same . it will far better if they talk about current SQNS weapons startgies and fighters .its my 2 cent while every human is free to discuss its a forum as our friend @Avicenna said

it was early days i still remember in 2007-08-09 we have some BD members here they always discuss about new fighters . then i did not visit BD section for years again when i checked in 2012-13 discuss was same members were changed . then i became busy in life and recently few months ago i again visited BD section things are same . it will far better if they talk about current SQNS weapons startgies and fighters .its my 2 cent while every human is free to discuss its a forum as our friend @Avicenna said

I think BAF had some F-7MB and A-5 in the late 90's as well as some residual J-6.

Of course there was the Mig-29 purchase in the late 90's-early 2000's as well.

Instead of the planned 16, BAF was left with only 8.

The 2006 F-7BG purchase (16) and subsequent 2013 F-7BGI (16) purchase were labeled as "stop-gap".

However this allowed BAF to retire its J-6 and A-5 completely.

Now it has its 8 Fulcrums and 31 F-7BG and BGI as well as a few F-7MB left.

Apparently from official sources BAF is looking for 8 "MRCA" and 4 options.

A tender was issued in 2017? which essentially painted a picture for either a Fulcrum or Flanker.

That's where we are at now.

Something is coming.

Anybody's guess as to what it is.

I like Bangladeshis/Bengalis. You have a weekend lunch/dinner with them at their place...and they keep insisting you to stay after etc. You say your goodbyes after that, and somehow a way is found for the visit to be extended past even that. Then you do 2nd and 3rd goodbye etc.. and finally you can leave at some point....but only when you have fully committed/assured to drop by again...and even then they can find way to reel you back in for more extended talk and tea if you aren't careful and decisive. :D

So such thing is reflected in these certain conversation topics :D They are hospitable good people deep down (to a fault almost) once you have made a friendship/acquaintance with them (or helped them out with some small thing in your opinion, but not theirs)..... that like to have a good extended banter or drawn out hosting for those that will indulge them. Thankfully their food is quite top notch.

@Joe Shearer @scorpionx @Tanveer666 @bluesky @Mage @itsanufy @dray / Rain Man @Tshering22 @anant_s @VCheng

I think BAF had some F-7MB and A-5 in the late 90's as well as some residual J-6.

Of course there was the Mig-29 purchase in the late 90's-early 2000's as well.

Instead of the planned 16, BAF was left with only 8.

The 2006 F-7BG purchase (16) and subsequent 2013 F-7BGI (16) purchase were labeled as "stop-gap".

However this allowed BAF to retire its J-6 and A-5 completely.

Now it has its 8 Fulcrums and 31 F-7BG and BGI as well as a few F-7MB left.

Apparently from official sources BAF is looking for 8 "MRCA" and 4 options.

A tender was issued in 2017? which essentially painted a picture for either a Fulcrum or Flanker.

That's where we are at now.

Something is coming.

Anybody's guess as to what it is.
in this case su-30 will be option as its already handful in india and india can help you guys for training support and maintenance too .its simple for me . BD should buy SU-30 10 years ago along with india .as i know india is helping some other regional countries to maintain su-30s too

I like Bangladeshis/Bengalis. You have a weekend lunch/dinner with them at their place...and they keep insisting you to stay after etc. You say your goodbyes after that, and somehow a way is found for the visit to be extended past even that. Then you do 2nd and 3rd goodbye etc.. and finally you can leave at some point....but only when you have fully committed/assured to drop by again...and even then they can find way to reel you back in for more extended talk and tea if you aren't careful and decisive. :D

So such thing is reflected in these certain conversation topics :D They are hospitable good people deep down (to a fault almost) once you have made a friendship/acquaintance with them (or helped them out with some small thing in your opinion, but not theirs)..... that like to have a good extended banter or drawn out hosting for those that will indulge them. Thankfully their food is quite top notch.

@Joe Shearer @scorpionx @Tanveer666 @bluesky @Mage @itsanufy @dray / Rain Man @Tshering22 @anant_s @VCheng

Not a bad summing up!

2009 to 2019 this ten year BD gets a govt. who is still in power. then why they did not buy at least a sqd of genuine fighter jet. pls don't say any body give example of f7. really this is very ridiculous in 1999 this govt was wanted to buy f16 now after the ten years what they bought for BAF?

Recently, we have witnessed JF-17 in action. Magnificent killer on the air. BD should have acquired them when they had offer on the table. It’s probably too late now.

I don’t know why Bd lean toward India over Pakistan. Pakistan would have armed Bd to teeth.

Recently, we have witnessed JF-17 in action. Magnificent killer on the air. BD should have acquired them when they had offer on the table. It’s probably too late now.

I don’t know why Bd lean toward India over Pakistan. Pakistan would have armed Bd to teeth.

I don't think its too late.

BD can always go the China route and get a BAF specific version of FC-1.

That would only make the most sense out of all the options.

Glad to see Thunder perform well.

Back
Top Bottom