What's new

Bangladesh Air Force buys J-10C fighters, K-8W trainers from China

BD has money to offer and that is all you need. Turkey has nothing to lose by sharing the burden.

Maybe I did not understand what you meant by joining the project.
If BD is willing to put down 2-3 billion US dollars,
then I am sure that BAF can be involved in creating a customized version for BD and getting the planes at the same time as the Turks.
Problem is that this is money that BD would have to put in now and then BD will have to pay more money for the actual planes 10 years down the line when they start rolling off the production line.

BD has money to offer and that is all you need. Turkey has nothing to lose by sharing the burden.
So, you think, Turkey has no money and wants to get it from an underdeveloped BD?

So, you think, Turkey has no money and wants to get it from an underdeveloped BD?

No offcourse not... Turkey also does not have 5th generation tech. They will be buying it or developing in conjunction with various companies like BAE systems.

The main ingredient is money. It is not a question of does one country have money and the others don’t. They have a project, if BD wants to join we need to go in with a big cheque. Turkey can only say no.

It will give BD access to tech and Develop a engineering and R&D platform.

One can grow things from scratch or spend money and take quantum leaps in short order. BD needs to do the later. Outside of JF there is no other viable avenue for BD to get into this sector. For the JF series too Pakistan’s main contribution was initially funding, look at the progress they have made to date.

Maybe I did not understand what you meant by joining the project.
If BD is willing to put down 2-3 billion US dollars,
then I am sure that BAF can be involved in creating a customized version for BD and getting the planes at the same time as the Turks.
Problem is that this is money that BD would have to put in now and then BD will have to pay more money for the actual planes 10 years down the line when they start rolling off the production line.

It would be a challenge but I believe it should be done. We will get access to tech and develop own capabilities out of such venture. Initial cost per plane would be high but imagine if we could develop a production line in BD how much cheaper it would be in the long run. Similar to the JF initial investments will likely to be recouped in the long run through sales to other country.

We can be a country that buys our weapons system or a country that produces it. The latter is more difficult to be but it has so many benefits. None of the money would be wasted.... initial return on investment would come in terms of developed human capital. This requires imagination and long term planning but I believe should be pursued.

No offcourse not... Turkey also does not have 5th generation tech. They will be buying it or developing in conjunction with various companies like BAE systems.

The main ingredient is money. It is not a question of does one country have money and the others don’t. They have a project, if BD wants to join we need to go in with a big cheque. Turkey can only say no.

One can grow things from scratch or spend money and take quantum leaps in short order. BD needs to do the later. Outside of JF there is no other viable avenue for BD to get into this sector. For the JF series too Pakistan’s main contribution was initially funding, look at the progress they have made to date.
If you do not mind, I would rather suggest BD first produces all the swing machines and needles for a vast multi-billion dollar textile/garments industry. Let the world see our this much of capability first. BD has neither money nor technology to go after that theoretical possibility of building planes. Our people should know their limits.

If you do not mind, I would rather suggest BD first produces all the swing machines and needles for a vast multi-billion dollar textile/garments industry. Let the world see our this much of capability first. BD has neither money nor technology to go after that theoretical possibility of building planes. Our people should know their limits.

That’s your opinion.... i would rather Bangladeshies do not limit themselves but rather aim high and not see anything is impossible.

Bhai, let’s wait and see. I hate Awami pagan as much as you do or may be even more. If the news is true and we get these birds then I know you will be happy as well.

Today or tomorrow, Awami pagan will be ousted in sha Allah.
Sure, its good if BAF get these BUT continuous stream of unsubstantiated claims without credible source will be challenged. Please, note every single purchase made during the awami regime was publicly announced BUT there is no such announcement for these claims, yet.

It would be a challenge but I believe it should be done. We will get access to tech and develop own capabilities out of such venture. Initial cost per plane would be high but imagine if we could develop a production line in BD how much cheaper it would be in the long run. Similar to the JF initial investments will likely to be recouped in the long run through sales to other country.

We can be a country that buys our weapons system or a country that produces it. The latter is more difficult to be but it has so many benefits. None of the money would be wasted.... initial return on investment would come in terms of developed human capital. This requires imagination and long term planning but I believe should be pursued.

This will not work for a fifth generation fighter as the tech will be far too advanced for BD to even have a remote chance of absorbing in any shape or fashion. Anyway Turkey will not be teaching BD the ABCs of how to build a modern fighter aircraft just because of an investment of 2-3 billion dollars. What they will do is allow for BAF to have a say in a customised version for BD, buy the plane at cost price as BD would have already contributed to R&D and be able to get the aircraft at the same time as Turkey does.
For reference BAe will not be teaching Turkey how to build a 5th generation fighter from scratch. They will be working as consultants on the design and Rolls Royce will supply a ready made engine that will not allow any technology transfer to Turkey. The reason that BAe and UK are interested in the project is the huge revenue stream they can for-see from this jet that could easily run into 500 or more jets produced - Turkey alone could buy 250 planes.
Turkey already has most of the base technology to go on and build a 5th generation aircraft since they manufacture wings, center fuselages, and aft fuselages for F-16s, make their own radars and electronic warfare systems for multiple platforms and are also developing many times of missiles. I guess that the main assistance that BAe will provide is in integrating all these systems around an air-frame and Rolls-Royce will supply a modified EJ-2000 to power the aircraft.
Partnering with any other country is for the future(2030 onwards) as BD lacks it's own technology and frankly does not have the money either.

That’s your opinion.... i would rather Bangladeshies do not limit themselves but rather aim high and not see anything is impossible.
So, go and prove your opinion that BD is flush with researchers, technology and money, and therefore, it can build flying machines and export them as well. People should have a minimum base of practical knowledge before saying an opinion to others in a public forum. You are asking a wingless cow to fly. Nothing happens just by wishing. This is why I wish BD to produce at least all its sewing machines and needles in the country instead of importing from China and Japan. Produce these two items and then talk about high flying objects.

I applaud your enthusiasm, but Bangladesh is no where near the ability to design and manufacture modern armaments. Any thoughts otherwise are ludicrous.

Let me drop this video. Please watch the entirety. Mind you this took place in the late 60's. The level of innovation and ingenuity displayed by the American engineers make the US what it is today. I can't imagine Bangladeshi engineers tackle an analogous project concerning 5th gen capabilities. (LOL!)

I applaud your enthusiasm, but Bangladesh is no where near the ability to design and manufacture modern armaments. Any thoughts otherwise are ludicrous.

Let me drop this video. Please watch the entirety. Mind you this took place in the late 60's. The level of innovation and ingenuity displayed by the American engineers make the US what it is today. I can't imagine Bangladeshi engineers tackle an analogous project concerning 5th gen capabilities. (LOL!)

Well as I said before you have to start somewhere. Personally I do not like the incremental approach and I do not think BD has time.

It is my personal belief that BD should begin partnering with friendly nation on joint projects. These will pay rich dividend in the long run. We should not limit our ambition.... it is likely we may drown for a bit but ultimately we will learn to swim.

Well as I said before you have to start somewhere. Personally I do not like the incremental approach and I do not think BD has time.

It is my personal belief that BD should begin partnering with friendly nation on joint projects. These will pay rich dividend in the long run. We should not limit our ambition.... it is likely we may drown for a bit but ultimately we will learn to swim.

Why doesn't Bangladesh have time?

Jf17 would have been a really good reliable platform for Bangladesh airforce to have had .
A very good economical multi role fighter with a very good advanced variety of armaments that come with it And Pakistan always eager for new buyers for Jf17 might have pushed this boat out further extra goodies
This would have been based on just buisness deal . No need for anything else.

Jf17 would have been a really good reliable platform for Bangladesh airforce to have had .
A very good economical multi role fighter with a very good advanced variety of armaments that come with it And Pakistan always eager for new buyers for Jf17 might have pushed this boat out further extra goodies
This would have been based on just buisness deal . No need for anything else.

Sure, very cost effective, but in terms of tech, its just not advanced enough. Why do you think China never really inducted the plane for its Air force/navy?

Sure, very cost effective, but in terms of tech, its just not advanced enough. Why do you think China never really inducted the plane for its Air force/navy?

Hi.My post was for Bangladesh airforce requirements not for the Chinese here
If we were to look at Chinese options they have so many to pick from to building their own fighter planes or to buy a foreign plane.
Your not in that league right . Their threats are so much more bigger than yours from the yellow China sea and regional countries to facing super power America. So JF17 Fighter plane was jointly built and researched for pakistan needs and to be exported. I wish you all the best in your fighter search .

Back
Top Bottom