What's new

Bangladesh Air Force buys J-10C fighters, K-8W trainers from China

I would prefer to wait for an official confirmation by either side about J-10C procurement.

AFAIK BAF ordered 7 sino-pak K-8 trainer and additional 2 batteries HQ-7 SAM to join the existing SAM batteries. Defense Update BD and bdmilitary are not official website of Bangladesh military. I don't want to sound negative but some news from those sites are nonsense and pure over hyped propaganda and counter productive to national security of Bangladesh.

I would prefer to wait for an official confirmation by either side about J-10C procurement.

AFAIK BAF ordered 7 sino-pak K-8 trainer and additional 2 batteries HQ-7 SAM to join the existing SAM batteries. Defense Update BD and bdmilitary are not official website of Bangladesh military. I don't want to sound negative but some news from those sites are nonsense and pure over hyped propaganda and counter productive to national security of Bangladesh.
so brother, are you going to talk about the greatness of Saab gripen in your next article in Dhaka Tribune ? :D

so brother, are you going to talk about the greatness of Saab gripen in your next article in Dhaka Tribune ? :D

I applaud that article. There really needs to be a shake up of thinking in Bangladesh.

Bangladesh is a moderate, responsible nation. If the economy truley is improving, Western weapons MUST become an option.

In my opinion, the Gripen would be PERFECT for the BAF.

We live in information age. Dump fighter jet would not survive any war near future. Chinese learnt that very quickly form the Americans and the Europeans except the Russian is holding their legacy believes in technology.That's the Chinese are building Spy ships, Satellite and data link for their fighter jets.

Ex-Chief of Rostec said that Russia is 10~15 years ahead of any country in nuclear technology and 30 years behind in Aerospace and other technology. He admitted that Russia does not have enough skilled manpower to compete with western countries.

By the look of your profile, you are in this forum long enough and understand very well defence technology in the information age.

If any day or any night, a well-trained pilot with Gripen NG (supported by AWEC and ground information) is challenged by current 4.5G fighter jet then I know who is going to win.

Having said that J-10C is a great bird indeed. Well trained pilot supported by AWEC and information will pack a punch and poses a severe threat to the adversary.

We live in information age. Dump fighter jet would not survive any war near future. Chinese learnt that very quickly form the Americans and the Europeans except the Russian is holding their legacy believes in technology.That's the Chinese are building Spy ships, Satellite and data link for their fighter jets.

Ex-Chief of Rostec said that Russia is 10~15 years ahead of any country in nuclear technology and 30 years behind in Aerospace and other technology. He admitted that Russia does not have enough skilled manpower to compete with western countries.

By the look of your profile, you are in this forum long enough and understand very well defence technology in the information age.

If any day or any night, a well-trained pilot with Gripen NG (supported by AWEC and ground information) is challenged by current 4.5G fighter jet then I know who is going to win.

Having said that J-10C is a great bird indeed. Well trained pilot supported by AWEC and information will pack a punch and poses a severe threat to the adversary.
1. I think you missed reading my signature :D
2. in your DT article, you said this : The Chinese-made J-31 and the Russian Su-57 will dominate the Asian market in the near future — they were even sold to Myanmar Air Force.
So when were J-31 and Su-57 sold to MAF ? :rolleyes1:

1. I think you missed reading my signature :D
2. in your DT article, you said this : The Chinese-made J-31 and the Russian Su-57 will dominate the Asian market in the near future — they were even sold to Myanmar Air Force.
So when were J-31 and Su-57 sold to MAF ? :rolleyes1:
You have to understand that someone typing and editing the article before posting in Dhakatribune. Dhakatribune does not have anyone who is knowledgeable in defence matter. Hence the typo.

I applaud that article. There really needs to be a shake up of thinking in Bangladesh.

Bangladesh is a moderate, responsible nation. If the economy truley is improving, Western weapons MUST become an option.

The problem of Gripen is that it is not backed by a big power and too many components from too many supplier with conflicting interest. Gripen could not sell this bird to Argentina due to british objection.

You have to understand that someone typing and editing the article before posting in Dhakatribune. Dhakatribune does not have anyone who is knowledgeable in defence matter. Hence the typo.
well then you must send a protest letter because it is reducing your credibility as DT using your name in some false claim. If you don't protest then similar careless work will happen in future and also make sure that DT publishes the apology in small article.

too many components from too many supplier with conflicting interest. Gripen could not sell this bird to Argentina due to british objection.
This is one of major draw backs of Gripen's success in defence market.

well then you must send a protest letter because it is reducing your credibility as DT using your name in some false claim. If you don't protest then similar careless work will happen in future and also make sure that DT publishes the apology in small article.
DT will edit the article soon. Thanks for pointing out the typo.

The problem of Gripen is that it is not backed by a big power and too many components from too many supplier with conflicting interest. Gripen could not sell this bird to Argentina due to british objection.
British will not veto if BAF buys Gripen. SaaB introduced commercially available parts in Gripen NG and sourced from EU only with an exception of American engine.

British will not veto if BAF buys Gripen. SaaB introduced commercially available parts in Gripen NG and sourced from EU only with an exception of American engine.
And the military satellite GPS and data link? You again have to depend on America. I dont mind America but its hard to satisfy everybody while you are in a conflict. The bird is great for pilots in peace time. But not for war.

SAAB conveniently put the clause that they dont resupply at the time of war. Because they cant.

I learnt few internal matter of Bangladesh military through friend of mine serving in BAF and BA. If I disclose those ill-practice AKA corruption then I will be prosecuted under ICT law of Bangladesh for using Twitter and telling truth about corrupt government officials. I refrain for the shake of those friend and family.
Thats why Bangladesh Military avoid European suppliers on big procurement.

I learnt few internal matter of Bangladesh military through friend of mine serving in BAF and BA. If I disclose those ill-practice AKA corruption then I will be prosecuted under ICT law of Bangladesh for using Twitter and telling truth about corrupt government officials. I refrain for the shake of those friend and family.
Thats why Bangladesh Military avoid European suppliers on big procurement.

I dont think you will be prosecuted for unveiling any corruption if it has any substance. You are covered.

Chengdu J-10 vs F/A-18EF Super Hornet

1. Glad to see that lot more older American fighter is better than Chinese new one… Agree on BVR ratings but I think F-18 SH also deserve rating “excellent” like other aircraft: Rafale, Typhooon, Su-30MKI… It was one old but excellent fighter…

2. J-10 will outperform Super Hornet in BVR also, PL-12 missile is better than US AIM-120 and also J-10 radar is good as American APG-79… Also J-10 has better service ceiling so it can attack from top.

3. DO not underestimate Chinese airplanes, they use technology and materials as Russians and some western countries… Lot of parts for western fighters were produced in China…

J-10 vs F-18E Super Hornet Flight Cost Per Hour

Overall and BVR ratings

CATEGORY CHENGDU J-10 F/A-18E/F SUPER HORNET
BVR Rating
75% 83%
Armament 7.5/10 7.9/10
Technology 7.5/10 8.9/10
Avionics 8.0/10 9.0/10
Maneuverability 8.6/10 7.8/10
Rate of Climb max. 300 m/s – 60k ft/min max. 228 m/s – 44k ft/min
Thrust/Weight 1.08 1.03
Service Ceiling 18 km – 59k ft 15 km – 50k ft