What's new

Bangladesh Air Force buys J-10C fighters, K-8W trainers from China

Hi.My post was for Bangladesh airforce requirements not for the Chinese here
If we were to look at Chinese options they have so many to pick from to building their own fighter planes or to buy a foreign plane.
BAF knows its requirements very well. It requires J-10C and Mig-35 or SU-30. These planes can replace our aging F-7MB (not BG and BGI, these are still very good) planes. JF-17 is not up to that level.

Jf17 would have been a really good reliable platform for Bangladesh airforce to have had .
A very good economical multi role fighter with a very good advanced variety of armaments that come with it And Pakistan always eager for new buyers for Jf17 might have pushed this boat out further extra goodies
This would have been based on just buisness deal . No need for anything else.

Any 4th generation platforms are good for BAF in numbers. In JF17's case, due to politics its better to have no such deal between the parties. Do I have to elaborate more about possible scenarios if a deal like that happened? Its both Pak and BD's interest to cooperate, but we have distanced ourselves unnecessarily. BD could be beneficiary to have advanced aircrafts and missiles from Pak, while Pak could earn more through such business deal by arming against its main adversary and fluent operation of its factory process. I think Pak should go for aggressive marketing stunts like Korean eagle trainers. As a fighter aircraft it has not much to offer and cost ike JF17s, still its making bang in the countries.

Guys, MRCA dealings is a different thing which meant to deploy in the southern part of the country.
But, Beijing knows well that BAF needs to replace their F-7BGIs soon. because adversaries in the region getting re-equipped too. China offered this $1b military soft loan to counter india's $500m poor money.

Sinos just showing how to COUNTER delhi's influence in the region.... mark my words, this is nothing under MRCA rather as per long-term modernization + expansion under FG-2030

Why doesn't Bangladesh have time?

Technologically BD is far behind other countries. We can obviously start from the basic and incrementally develop or take a leap of faith.

I work with a lot of start-ups and my personal experience is that amazing result can be achieved with the later approach. As they say necessity is the mother of invention.

BD I believe should set its goal to be on par with the best in the world. To get there we need to be innovative in our approach. Orthodox stance will hold us back, we are playing catch-up already we do not have luxury of time to keep doing that.

BAF CAS went to China, he was given a model of the J-10C and LY-80D MRSAM.

27336378_10204122936229821_4227631878665647405_n.jpg

Does the J10c come with an option for side by side double seater???? He is gonna need it!!!! LOL

Otherwise it’s looking good on the J10c news.... fingers crossed

I was gonna say- Esrar Saab please lay off the Paya, Nihari and Haleem for a while (Khashir Gosht as well).

But he could have 'hormonal issues' as well. Some people do have an 'obese gene' - poor things.

In any case - I will thank him a hundred times for pushing things to make the J10C purchase possible.

A model J-10C, riiight:omghaha::omghaha:
Where is the real thing and official statement???

Give it a rest. Supporters like you are more harmful to BNP than any Shahbagi. Can't you see your stance is unpopular here? Not a single person takes your post seriously. Even before opening a thread we know the probable response of idune. Man, Show some flexibility, otherwise the fall of BNP will be permanent if supporters behave like this.

Give it a rest. Supporters like you are more harmful to BNP than any Shahbagi. Can't you see your stance is unpopular here? Not a single person takes your post seriously. Even before opening a thread we know the probable response of idune. Man, Show some flexibility, otherwise the fall of BNP will be permanent if supporters behave like this.
If BNP in gov than I am Bangladeshi, & if not I m from Moon! some people be like

idune got banned. I reckon he will heed your words and give it a rest.

idune got banned. I reckon he will heed your words and give it a rest.
No, the RAW mole @idune will not change his style after coming back. He will keep on attacking the efforts of building the country. RAW wants BD to be left underdeveloped. This may be the reason why @idune, the genius, hates the economic development of BD. RAW and he know that BNP will freeze most of the development works in the country. He systematically attacks graft, but, in disguise, attacks Bangladesh development itself.

Defense Update Bangladesh
Jan 29, 2018

Bangladesh Air Force PURCHASED Advanced J-10C Fighter Jets
Earlier in 2017 Beijing offered $1 billion loan to Dhaka to buy military aircrafts from China, which was made under Bangladesh Air Force fighter aircraft procurement program. It includes Chengdu Aircraft Industry Group’s J-10C multirole fighter jets for BAF. This is the latest variant of the J-10, of which Chinese air force operating 250+ units and PLANAF has 24+ jets in active services.

Bangladeshi pilots are being trained in China to fly them. These J-10C fighter aircrafts will hugely boost Bangladesh Air Force’s operational capabilities to a new level. Gradually older combat jets will be phased out by these birds, mostly Chengdu built F-7 series aircrafts.

On the other side of the page, myanmar air force reportedly buying 6 Su-30MK from Russia. Bangladesh Air Force wanted to buy Su-30SME or Su-35. But Moscow tricked Dhaka with prices. And then offered their new development Mig-3 Fulcrum-F multipurpose fighter jet which has been claimed as 4++ generation fighter jet by the developer.

China offered their J-10B along with some other military planes, includes, an AEW&C aircraft, one Y-20 heavy military airlifter and one more squadron of K-8W Karakorum jet trainer aircrafts. Granted, BAF wants Russian Sukhoi series fighter jets more than Chinese ones, but this J-10C with most advanced AESA radar. This Chinese jet is powered by a single AL-31FN or WS-10A turbofan engine.

This is reported in various Chinese and international military aviation news outlets that Chengdu Aerospace Industry Group tests new PL-10 & long range PL-15 air-to-air missiles. China will also provide technology to manufacture some components of the J-10C in Bangladesh. Weaponry of the Bangladeshi J-10Cs will include anti-shipping/anti-surface warfare missiles, most of the precision guided weapons and long-range & shorter-range air-to-air missiles.

This latest version of the J-10 is really has some dangerous stings which made it lethal in air. For enemies like myanmar air force J-10C’s weapons load are enough to thwart their naval aggression in the Bay of Bengal. These jets also can intercept or carry out pre-emptive strikes on burmese military positions to stop further human rights violation by them.

So, ultimately procurement of the J-10Cs by the Bangladesh Air Force is a huge boost for the country’s air power. It was needed some couple of years ago, but now it’s not too late to have. Hope BAF will make the J-10C is the working horse, while Su-35/Mig-35 can be deployed as the high-end solutions.

Nope, it is like that bae hawk trainer ( Indian version}). But Pakistan also investigated financial for development.

You need to understand between joint development and assembly after fully developed aircraft with customized version for you. Example- su 30 to su mki.. etc

Agreed, aircraft is developed by China and customize as per Pakistan and other countries requirements by China. So depends on China and source of buyer I guess if customer coming thru reference from existing customer
your denial isn't going to stop our money and i know how much it hurt you to see Pakistan having 2x more defence than your country which is only good at importing stuff

Back
Top Bottom