What's new

Ballistic Missile Defence system to be tested in May

Missiles like topol and minuteman have apogee of 2000 kilometers...
So yes missiles do fly very high...
India is experimenting with too many different types of ABM...it was better if they had selected one and made it better.

There is need for different types of ABMs.

The PAD first experimented exoatmospheric interception at 75km altitude some years ago.

New PDV takes that to 200km or more. Our's is an evolving programe. PDV is similar to THAAD in operation.

AAD-1 is for endo-atmospheric interception.

Even THAAD has KKV. Does PDV has KKV on it. If not, its kill rate is not going to be the same.

Sorry, I had just looked up on PDV, its another program of the future. Of course the future Indian capability is always going to be the same as the present American capability.

The reason that India have not deploy this system is that this AAD

Even THAAD has KKV. Does PDV has KKV on it. If not, its kill rate is not going to be the same.

Sorry, I had just looked up on PDV, its another program of the future. Of course the future Indian capability is always going to be the same as the present American capability.

The reason that India have not deploy this system is that this AAD
Yes PDV has KKV.It's said to be a 2-solid stage hypersonic ABM similar to THAAD

"It will have an IIR seeker for its kill vehicle as well. The PDV will replace the PAD with a far more capable missile and will complete the Phase 1 of the BMD system, allowing it to be operational by 2013. Whereupon Phase 2 development will take over for protection against missiles of the 5,000 km range class"

Looks like the Indian military is going crazy from inferiority and jealousy after China's ABM test :lol:

The chances of India successfully shooting down a ballistic missile or satellite is a fat zero.

India will, as usual, show a primitive rocket launching and then declare "all mission parameters fulfilled; ready to enter service" :rofl:

"Yeh Aakashwani China hai, ab aap 50 cents waale samachaar sunenge" :lol:

Kindly see the graph again, even a 1300km range MRBM (for example, Ghauri) is shown to have an apogee of 300 km.

pdv is terminal interceptor not midcourse interceptor..........so even if your missiles go 2000km up into space its not gonna fly there forever ultimately it has to come down.......and when it will we can intercept it and since all your missiles speed, at 200km altitude, is less than 3km/sec....so you are f**ked.

pdv is terminal interceptor not midcourse interceptor..........so even if your missiles go 2000km up into space its not gonna fly there forever ultimately it has to come down.......and when it will we can intercept it and since all your missiles speed, at 200km altitude, is less than 3km/sec....so you are f**ked.

Excuse me?? Exactly who said that??

i guess the whole Asia will be seeking shelters in May as no one knows for sure where it would end up... :lol:

Excuse me?? Exactly who said that??

you are reacting as if this is too slow speed...........its 3km/sec(mach 10.2) not 3 meter/sec actually mrbm have reentry(100km) speed of around 2.5km/sec and at 200km altitude its like 2km/sec.............icbms have reentry speed around 7.5km/sec to 9.5km/sec.

pdv can intercept target at 3km/sec but drdo will keep some safety margin so safe interception speed will be around 2.5km/sec.

Back
Top Bottom