What's new

Balance of power tips toward Iran

Iran is already an empire today. Not much the Arabs, Turks and Israelis can do about it. The very fact that the GCC + Turkey + Egypt are rushing to form a Sunni alliance against Iran, which as a Sunni camp completely dominates Iran when it comes to GDP and military expenditure, but can't do anything without the help of Uncle Sam is quite telling.

Iran will dominate the Middle East in the end. Its the era of the Iranic people. The two most significant developments in the region at the moment are the increase of Kurdish nationalism and autonomy + the rise of the neo-Iranian empire.
i dont think we can be in a alliance with erdogan or any of his kind
The potential is there. Aside from Iran's shear population size, which is growing, she exerts a combined religious-political-military influence. As the heartland of the Shi'a Sect of Islam, it has influence, naturally, in certain segments of Iraq, Syria, Lebanon, Palestine, Jordan, and the Gulf. In addition to this, Iran has the 2nd largest reserve of natural gas, second only to Russia, with over 1.2 Trilion cubic feet of natural gas (confirmed).

Iran must be reunited to the community of nations, reintegrated due to her potential. I believe that the Middle East has been polarized for quite too long, and there must be a more pragmatic approach to all partners here. I welcome Obama's pragmatist approach regarding Iran, and i believe Iran can be coaxed to contribute to help put down ISIS, and the host of potentials that lay before us.
polarization in the middle east will not be solved by making a deal with iran this would only solve the problems between iran and the west while GCC and turkey and isreal will not accept this i think the problem is between GCC and iran if this is solved our region would be a lot safer

polarization in the middle east will not be solved by making a deal with iran this would only solve the problems between iran and the west while GCC and turkey and isreal will not accept this i think the problem is between GCC and iran if this is solved our region would be a lot safer

Precisely. The situation between GCC and Iran has gone beyond critical. I believe that cooperation together to stop the civil war in Syria is imperative, second, a joint cooperation to take out ISIS, third, to help secure sectarian-torn Iraq. As in any problematic situation, rapprochement is necessary --- then, we'll see where it goes from there.

Right now, the region is , pardon me for my French, a hell hole. New methods should be tested; and for once, its good to see the Americans trying to compromise rather than impose a unilateral decision as it tried to do in Syria some 3 years ago. We all have seen how meddling in internal affairs has done to the region --- the birth of ISIS, ISIL....and the quagmire that has been seen in the Levant.

Our focus should be seeking cooperative depth in Central Asia. Afghanistan for us is a critical family member. We need to rise ourselves and then shake hands with whoever is left in the middle east and Iran. In diplomatic capacity we should offer a neutral platform for negotiations between Persians and Arabs. However its less likely as they are out for blood. Over 1 million Muslims are dead in last 10 years in Iraq and Syria, many more are doomed to die.

Check few of my posts below.

Pakistan declines to join Saudi Arabia's anti-Iran alliance

Precisely, said, Sir @Horus !

Iran is already an empire today. Not much the Arabs, Turks and Israelis can do about it. The very fact that the GCC + Turkey + Egypt are rushing to form a Sunni alliance against Iran, which as a Sunni camp completely dominates Iran when it comes to GDP and military expenditure, but can't do anything without the help of Uncle Sam is quite telling.

Iran will dominate the Middle East in the end. Its the era of the Iranic people. The two most significant developments in the region at the moment are the increase of Kurdish nationalism and autonomy + the rise of the neo-Iranian empire.

Yeah buddy, Iran indeed has its own little sectarian terror empire, similar to ISIS. But how come Iran with its insignificant oil based economy which is mostly isolated from the global system; with its undisciplined army and nonexistent airforce, is going to dominate countries like KSA, Turkey, Israel? Even Azerbaijan alone has the technological edge to defend itself against Iran's humanwaves. So yeah... Experiencing delusions again Surenas?

By the way, your kin wants an independent Kurdistan out of Iran. What are you talking about?

@Horus

What will be your reaction IF iran explicitly attacked GCC/SA ?

Simple Clear answer.

In that case we will have to do whatever we can to stop the conflict from spiraling out of control. Please remember, Pakistan is a nuclear power, our direct involvement in any conflict will make it worse.

You are pushing your wishes as facts.

@Horus

What will be your reaction IF iran explicitly attacked GCC/SA ?

Simple Clear answer.

I don't know about him, deep down we know who he has the soft spot for, but me I will join in and help Iran & am no Shia either.

Pakistan will defend GCC and Saudi Arabia.

See you on the battlefield brother but as opponents when that day does really come.

Last edited:
It is no secret that Iran's power in the region is increasing. The main reason for this being Iran's independent foreign policy compared to puppet status of the rest of the region. For instance, Turkey used to have excellent relations with Assad, but on the order of US, shot itself in the foot in order to keep her master happy. Now it is in a mess.

Saudi Kingdom depends for strategic cover and legitimacy on US. These are pretty much known facts. The puppets are failing to raise up to challenges of the new world around them. Turkey had to even relocate a grave, for God's sake. This is the level of their power in the region. Meanwhile Iran is and will continue to be the sole stabilizing factor in the region (and beyond).

As Churchill had once said: "The one who controls the oil, will win the next war". This is still true. It is a battle not between Sunnis and Shias or between Saudi/Turkey and Iran. It is a battle between Iran and US through its puppets and proxies. It will not be decided by puppets. It will be decided between Iran and US. Let's hope for a peaceful understanding between the two, rather than a full out war. Puppets and what they do or think are irrelevant. What matters is what conclusion masters reach.

Actually Iran has got the potential to be a superpower over a decade great history, culture, human and natural resources I mean whatever a nation needs to become a superpower.
Time will show who is gonna be the king of this place ....

Actually Iran has got the potential to be a superpower over a decade great history, culture, human and natural resources I mean whatever a nation needs to become a superpower.

Super power? No. Regional power , Yes.

Pakistan , is more of a Major Regional Power, in context to the Greater Middle East due to her shear size (population + land size ), and of course, let us not forget Pakistan is a Nuclear Power.

Remember, Iran's population is around 80 million, Saudi Arabia's population is only 23 million. Pakistan is a behemoth , with a population of over 180 million combined.

Take that into consideration.

Didnt you forgot some ''minor points'' such as money, technology, dominant military power?
The most realistic analysts only consider USA as sole superpower, what makes you think Iran can surpass China, Russia, India?

Pakistan wants to keep peace in the Persian Gulf.

Your wish is really commendable. But you are not a party to this one. It is war that was started by Saddam on behalf of Saudi Arabia and US. It is now being concluded. You should rather concentrate on your country and your own strategic goals not US's and Saudi's. It is a battle between US and its proxies/puppets and Iran. Brotherly advice is to stay away from it. As your government has wisely recently decided to do (by refusing to become a Saudi puppet military and shifting Pakistan embassy out of Sana, Yemen).

rofl...........

wetdream is real with this one, worry about your crashing economy than "dominating middle east".

Back
Top Bottom