What's new

Azeri Drones on ‘Spy Missions’ along Iran Border

It is not a "lame logic", actually its the correct logic. Russia did not jump straight into S-400.

You didn't catch the point of my post it seems. As I said, even if Iran developed a equivalent system, it would hardly match even the earliest variants, it would be retarded to claim otherwise.

Iran did not do the same when it had the opportunity. The fact is Iranian generals are all corrupt and on top of that, bunch of retards.

Its just that your generals are all retards who tought ballistic missiles only would save their arses. They realized the importance of concentional military but it became too late.

Too late? Why? They got whooped? The importance of such systems were already demonstrated a couple of years ago, but we all know that Russia canceled the deal. And BMs, together with the Straight of Hormuz, is the best card Iran has in its hands. You seem to forget that Iran is not engaged in a conflict against countries like Azerbaijan, but is dealing with the greatest force the world has ever seen.

It is not a "lame logic", actually its the correct logic. Russia did not jump straight into S-400.

You didn't catch the point of my post it seems. As I said, even if Iran developed a equivalent system, it would hardly match even the earliest variants, it would be retarded to claim otherwise.

Iran did not do the same when it had the opportunity. The fact is Iranian generals are all corrupt and on top of that, bunch of retards.

Corrupt? Retard? why? because you hate them? Not actually, these 'corrupt' generals have done a tremendous job to increase deterrence of Iran against U.S, Israel and other countries.
We are not on offensive, but believe me, when it comes to defense, we are the best.There is a reason U.S is not interested in war with Iran ,not because it cares for lives of Iranians, because it knows the sacrifices and costs.

By the way, you shouldn't even compare Iran and Azerbaijan.2 countries with 2 totally different situations. Iran's military doctrine is deterrence. Any country in ME can start a war with Iran, but it's definitely not the one who is going to end it.It's Iran.

There is no more corrupt place in the region than Azerbaijan. Thats why its so damn funny to see an Azerbaijani accusing others of corruption or nepotism.

Talking to this troll is useless. He's a racist fascist grey wolf. All he does is insult. He has one mission and it's no different than Ottoman Turk's mission.

Anyway, I 100% agree with Surenas. Upgrade the airforce for what? So we have something to talk about on defence forums? That's literally the only thing I can come up w/. We have enough to throw at our surrounding nations and our airforce is good enough for afghan druglords and PKK caves. UAE/KSA/Turkey have better airforces. What's the point? Whichever neighbor attacks Iran will have thousands of SRBM's shot up its behind and millions of Iranians will run into the country World War style. We learned a lot from the Iran-Iraq war and that's numbers matter, being able to produce locally matters more than anything on the planet etc... If we were able to produce simple arms back then, we would have been able to hold on to territory that we gained. But it was always the same story: we would gain territory and retreat back because we were short of smtg.

Without local industry, fighting a war is impossible. Midget countries will have 10 days of advantage and then they'll be scratching their heads and running around for everything from bullets to replacements for blown fuses and new gas pumps.

Iran's enemy is USA. We don't need an airforce against that juggernut. Any airforce will be cleaned right out in 10 secs flat by the yankees.

Mod Edit: Off-topic/Post-of-no-value

Says the guy who curses the mollah government at every opportunity, but is defending their actions against others on this forum.

What did Iran do with its huge oil revenues to improve its conventional capability when it was not under sanctions like it is today? Simple nothing. This is a reason to think that Iranian generals were either too corrupt, or as I said, retards. There is no other explanation.

To hell with conventionalism. We are living in a age of asymmetrical warfare, and not conventional warfare. Good old-fashion conventional warfare between countries is (partially) over.

To hell with conventionalism. We are living in a age of asymmetrical warfare, and not conventional warfare. Good old-fashion conventional warfare between countries is (partially) over.

Really? When US comes for Iran. Assymetric warfare won't save Iran. Conventional army is the backbone of all modern nations, while terrorist countries use assymetric warfare as main warfare. Once US has taken all assets out and destroyed the infrastructure. It will be all over. Iran might try some terrorism but the battle will be over.

Says the guy who curses the mollah government at every opportunity, but is defending their actions against others on this forum. BTW, you do not know my age but I bet I'm older than you, I understand this simple by the dose of retardation in your posts.

What did Iran do with its huge oil revenues to improve its conventional capability when it was not under sanctions like it is today? Simple nothing. This is a reason to think that Iranian generals were either too corrupt, or as I said, retards. There is no other explanation.

Instead of choosing Azeri-Arab way of spending billions of dollars to buy fancy jets,missiles,tanks and and equipment without knowing crap about how they are built , Iran chose to start a domestic industry, and yes, their quality is still no match to western ones, but at least we are doing it inside the country, for almost all military equipment,and that's the point.

Really? When US comes for Iran. Assymetric warfare won't save Iran. Conventional army is the backbone of all modern nations, while terrorist countries use assymetric warfare as main warfare. Once US has taken all assets out and destroyed the infrastructure. It will be all over. Iran might try some terrorism but the battle will be over.

Asymmetrical warfare has already saved Iran. Think about it. Why did Israel bomb Syrian nuclear reactors back in 2008, but still hasn't attack Iranian nuclear facilities? Were those Syrian reactors more threatening to Israel than Iran's reactors? No. The reason why the US or Israel hasn't attacked Iran, is because Iran has put al its focus on asymmetrical warfare. It is simply saying; 'you can attack us, but you have to pay an enormous price for it'. What if Iran closes the Straight of Hormuz, bombs Saudi oil fields in eastern KSA and unleash its proxies on Israel and the West? Have you any idea what that will cause?

US military academies are studying Iranian asymmetrical tactics used in Lebanon back in 2006, and not any conventional Turkish tactics:

Pentagon studying 2006 Lebanon war

JERUSALEM (JTA) -- The U.S. Defense Department is studying the 2006 Lebanon War to prepare itself for future conflicts.

The month-long war is garnering attention because it bears on a debate between military leaders in the United States, some of whom want to change the military so it is better prepared for unconventional conflicts like Iraq and Afghanistan, and others who believe that kind of preparation would be at the expense of more conventional warfare, the Washington Post reported Monday.

Hezbollah fought a reasonably conventional war against Israel, destroying many Israeli armor columns using sophisticated anti-tank guided missiles, and fought ground battles with Israeli troops lasting up to 12 hours. Hezbollah also eavesdropped on Israeli communications and used a cruise missile to strike an Israeli ship.

The Defense Department has sent about a dozen teams to interview Israeli officers who fought against Hezbollah, according to the Post. In addition, the Army and Marine Corps have run several multimillion-dollar war games to test how U.S. forces would perform in a similar situation.

The debate on conventional versus unconventional warfare could come to the fore Monday when U.S. Defense Secretary Robert Gates releases the 2010 defense budget, which is expected to cut or drastically reduce spending on conventional weapons systems.

Pentagon studying 2006 Lebanon war | JTA - Jewish & Israel News

Are these two serious? Are the two grey wolves actually proposing the idea that Azerbaijan and Turkey can take out a hyper power like the US?

lmao

conventional army the backbone of modern nations? Modern nations like Saddam's Iraq, Azerbaijan, Afghanistan, Pakistan etc...? These modern nations? Turkey has a conventional army that can take out Greece. YAYYYYYY you achieved so much. Azerbaijan has an army for show and nothing else, same with UAE and other oil sheikhdoms.

Read my earlier post: if your airforce can win you a war, than having a modern airforce should be given priority. If you can't win the war with your airforce alone than it's useless if you're a country that has a limited budget. Spend all your money on strategic deterrents and Assymetric capabilities that can win you wars.

Instead of choosing Azeri-Arab way of spending billions of dollars to buy fancy jets,missiles,tanks and and equipment without knowing crap about how they are built , Iran chose to start a domestic industry, and yes, their quality is still no match to western ones, but at least we are doing it inside the country, for almost all military equipment,and that's the point.

Actually I'd go further, the point is not just to make things at home. The point is that in a war situation, when the enemy country has already blown up your oil wells and refineries and you can't ship your oil anyway b/c the pipelines have also been sent to hell, you're gonna have limited income. On top of that if you rely on foreign stuff, you're gonna be running around for the most simple and stupid things imaginable (fuel pumps, fuses, special kinds of bullets, certain machinery etc...). You can have yourself the shiniest foreign made toy, but if you're out of a special kind of fuse/fuel pump or if the shiny toy is damaged, YOU'RE FUCKED. On top of that you don't even have any more $$ anymore b/c your whole oil infrastructure has gone to hell thanks to enemy bombing.

The difference between countries like KSA/Azerbaijan and Iran is this:

Countries like KSA and UAE are just buying an regional superpower status; its part of the Arab culture of flaunting and decadence. Not only seen in the military, but you can see that in their cities, like Dubai and Doha, as well. The difference between the military (and non-military) ideology and culture of Iran and Arab countries like Saudi Arabia is that Iranians think more pragmatically; they look at the functions of military equipment they develop and operate, while Arabs tend to think more symbolically, and sometimes even believe that the possession of certain equipments should be an goal in itself.

Surenas, Abii: I brotherly ask you not to answer atatwolf or quote him if you like your time and don't want your nerves shattered!
We all know what he wants and where he is going with this.

Surenas, Abii: I brotherly ask you not to answer atatwolf or quote him if you like your time and don't want your nerves shattered!
We all know what he wants and where he is going with this.

Atawolf is dying to see US attacking Iran. The only question he should ask is; why hasn't the US or Israel attacked Iran already? His whole premiss is based on this scenario. He is acting like if the war is already over.

Asymmetrical warfare has already saved Iran. Think about it. Why did Israel bomb Syrian nuclear reactors back in 2008, but still hasn't attack Iranian nuclear facilities? Were those Syrian reactors more threatening to Israel than Iran's reactors? No. The reason why the US or Israel hasn't attacked Iran, is because Iran has put al its focus on asymmetrical warfare. It is simply saying; 'you can attack us, but you have to pay an enormous price for it'. What if Iran closes the Straight of Hormuz, bombs Saudi oil fields in eastern KSA and unleash its proxies on Israel and the West? Have you any idea what that will cause?

US military academies are studying Iranian asymmetrical tactics used in Lebanon back in 2006, and not any conventional Turkish tactics:

Pentagon studying 2006 Lebanon war | JTA - Jewish & Israel News
yes I know what that will cause. THe closing of hormuz and or Irani terrorism spree will be the end of Iran. The allies are looking for excuse to destroy Iran and the dumbest thing Iran can do is give a reason for them to invade Iran. The reason that they don't attack Iran is because they are afraid of Iran, it is who will come in place of current Iranian regime after the current regime is annahiliated. Israel, US and its allies are preparing for this. For example turkey has patriot system soon. Every thing has to happen step by step.

Back
Top Bottom