What's new

Azeri Drones on ‘Spy Missions’ along Iran Border

There has not been much development, other than purchase of additional Su-25 and Mig-29 (9.13) and modernization of existing equipment such as Su-25 (Elbit modernization), Mig-29 and Mi-24 (Superhind MK IV package of ATE + participation of Aviakon). Azerbaijan purchased 36 units of Mi-35M from Russia, but these are bought by Border Guards. There are perhaps plans on acquiring new fighters, but it remains to be seen until its revealed. Also, recently the spokesman of Oboronprom anounced the interest of Azerbaijan on the purchase of Ka-52, if I'm not mistaken it was stated in the same report that Azerbaijan and Oboronprom were in negotiations over a potential deal.

As for air-defence, there has been the modernization of existing equipment by Tetraedr, such as SA-8 to OSA-1T, S-125 to Pechora-2T and intend of purchase of T-38 Stileto from the same company (according to some reports, Tetraedr developed T-38 Stileto specifically for Azerbaijan). From Russia, the purchase of S-300PMU2. From Israel, purchase of ground-based Barak-8 and radars, including two Green Pine radars. There were also reports stating that Azerbaijan and Russia negotiated a deal on Pantsir-S1.

Azerbaijan manufactures "Orbiter-2M" mini-UAV and "Aerostar" tactical UAV under license (designated as AZ-2M and AZ-BP), and also bought Heron MALE UAVs from IAI. There were reports that IAI also proposed to manufacture Heron-1 UAVs in Azerbaijan. Other than these, it was reported that Elbit sold Hermes-450 UAVs to Azerbaijan back in 2009.

Is there any operational Heron in Azerbaijan right now?

Hmm. didn't expected that close relation. Maybe israel's new partner in the region
ASQ's inventory is full with Israeli equipment. They have eliminated ASELSAN in favor of Elbit for their tank modenisation tender.

I don't resent the least, business is business. Azerbaijan wants to take over south azerbaijan once the karabagh conflict is dealt with. And by south Azerbaijan I mean Tehran. This is the biggest reason of good relations between Azerbaijan and Israel.

presstv website: "Israel grounds UAVs in Azerbaijan for fear of Iran seizure":undecided:. now i guess we have to ask hizbollah to capture one.

Back
Top Bottom