What's new

Azeri Drones on ‘Spy Missions’ along Iran Border

I hope Azerbaijan gets one of these Turkic birds soon:

TAI_Anka_A_2010_v2.jpg

so , Arran comparing himself with USA and try to repeat their exprinece with Zion's drones !!! any way , sending drone in borders is not big deal .... we don't protect our air space zone inch by inch ... ( we are not a little country )

I think our defensive military doctrine has it's side effects ... we should spend money on offensive abilities as well ...

Turkey is the only country that produces MALE class UAVs in Europe. There are more advanced projects in Europe such as BAE's Taranis but they are all experimental. Our products are operational. I'm not gonna talk about Armenia, even Russia is so far behind Turkey at the moment.
I think our defensive military doctrine has it's side effects ... we should spend money on offensive abilities as well ...
Don't make me laugh :) What defensive military doctrine? Most of your investments go to ballistic missiles.

When i told you Iranians a few months ago to invest on your cold war era airforce you laughed at me and said "planes are just toys, ballistic missiles create deterrent". Conventionally, you can't think of going offensive with such a miserable airforce. So my advice stands, go build yourselves a decent airforce FFS.

You are reduced to how many F14s? 25? 30?

Turkey is the only country that produces MALE class UAVs in Europe. There are more advanced projects in Europe such as BAE's Taranis but they are all experimental. Our products are operational. I'm not gonna talk about Armenia, even Russia is so far behind Turkey at the moment.

Don't make me laugh :) What defensive military doctrine? Most of your investments go to ballistic missiles.

When i told you Iranians a few months ago to invest on your cold war era airforce you laughed at me and said "planes are just toys, ballistic missiles create deterrent". Conventionally, you can't think of going offensive with such a miserable airforce. So my advice stands, go build yourselves a decent airforce FFS.

You are reduced to how many F14s? 25? 30?
They also don't use a single damn EW pod. I wonder what they will do if they see Israeli state TV instead of PressTV.

Their air-defence is also in bad situation. Specially for the size of the country, it is in a miserable situation. Bavar mavar is nothing more than BS.

Azerbaijan's air-defence easily surpasses that of Iran in quality and capabilities.

Their air-defence is also in bad situation. Specially for the size of the country, it is in a miserable situation. Bavar mavar is nothing more than BS.

Azerbaijan's air-defence easily surpasses that of Iran in quality and capabilities.

Now you are an expert of Iran's air defense or what?Have you tried it? How do you know it's in bad situation?

You are welcome to try our air defense and detection system.

Ok tell me, what is Azerbaijan producing in air defense domestically? Show us some of them.

Now you are an expert of Iran's air defense or what?Have you tried it? How do you know it's in bad situation?

You are welcome to try our air defense and detection system.

Ok tell me, what is Azerbaijan producing in air defense domestically? Show us some of them.
I don't think he questioned your defence industries' capabilities. Tell me, do you have anything comperable with EL/M-2080 Green Pine or not?

I don't think he questioned your defence industries' capabilities. Tell me, do you have anything comperable with EL/M-2080 Green Pine or not?

I don't think Azerbaijan still has acquired the system since its contract was signed in 2011.searched in news and didn't find anything.

Indeed there is a relation between air defense system and defense industries.Imagine, in a war, Azerbiajan's 2 or 3 Green Pines are destroyed. What would happen after that?It can't replace them and is left exposed to aerial threats.right? That's the problem with importing and producing.

In detection level, Iran has a variety of radars and whole country's area is covered according to commanders and there is no problem in that level.The only thing we lack is long range air defense system which is under development,called Bavar. I won't say anything about it until it's unveiled officially in coming months.After that, we will see who has the best air defense in whole ME.

Do you seriously believe in Bavar story. I mean the stories where Iranian officials claim that its supposedly an of equivalent S-300. Even if true, I doubt its capability would even match the earliest S-300 variant. It would be a joke to claim otherwise that Iran would develop such capability out of nowhere, when it took decades for countries that produce such technology to reach where they currently are. One of the most important components here is of course the radars. We all know how desperate Iran was and still is to get S-300 systems from Russia. And if I'm not mistaken, the S-300 variant in question was S-300PMU1.

On the other hand, this is S-300PMU2 of Azerbaijan, the latest and most sophisticated variant of S-300P family that are now also effective against mid-range ballistic missiles.

54K6E2 Command Post

2rrs5j6.jpg

25taws2.jpg

ke6qg3.jpg

30N6E2 Tomb Stone

zxa2qe.jpg

64N6E2 Big Bird

ygl80.jpg

2wn32h1.jpg

5P85TE2 TEL

a8eg5.jpg

Do you seriously believe that Iran would be able to develop anything slightly similar to capabilities of these? Its amazing how much BS fanboys of Mollah regime is able to accept.

Other then that, the contract which was signed with IAI back in 2012 January includes Barak-8 air-defence system.

The introduction of new missile with 120km range makes the land-based variant of Barak-8 essentially a long-range system. The radar it uses, ELM-2084, is same as that used with Iron Dome, and we all know its recent success.

barak82bydanstd2xho4l.jpg

iairadar1bydanstd2xh9yg.jpg

But Iran has "Bavar", LOL.

I don't agree with people who say that Iran needs to upgrade its air force. For what, and against what? The threat Iran is facing today wouldn't be scared of if Iran upgraded its air force; no matter which available plane they would get their hands on. It's useless to upgrade your air force when the forces you have to deal with in the Middle East (Israel and the US) are superior on this level and will remain, wether you're upgrade your air force or not.

So Iran's military doctrine is quite pragmatic, and even I, as an opponent of Iran's regime, think its the most logical way to create deterrent. Hell, even UAE and KSA have a more modern air force than Iran, and to compete with that would requite an enormous budget, which Iran doesn't have, especially not if its focussing on asymmetrical warfare.

Do people really think Israel or the US would think twice if Iran upgrade its air force? Hell no. Would it think twice if Iran unveils longer range and more advanced ballistic missiles, or better asymmetrical naval capabilities? Sure. Iran has enormous influence in the region, and thats not because of its air force.

500 lb (227 kg) 90 kg T-HE

compared to a ballistic missile even this unguided one is a more effective way of carrying certain amount of HE from point A to point B :) and with a reusable platform...

800px-US_Navy_030529-N-0295M-007_Aviation_Ordnanceman_3rd_Class_Aaron_Harris_checks_a_MK-82_500lb._General_purpose_bomb.jpg

Do you seriously believe in Bavar story. I mean the stories where Iranian officials claim that its supposedly an of equivalent S-300. Even if true, I doubt its capability would even match the earliest S-300 variant. It would be a joke to claim otherwise that Iran would develop such capability out of nowhere, when it took decades for countries that produce such technology to reach where they currently are. One of the most important components here is of course the radars. We all know how desperate Iran was and still is to get S-300 systems from Russia. And if I'm not mistaken, the S-300 variant in question was S-300PMU1.

On the other hand, this is S-300PMU2 of Azerbaijan, the latest and most sophisticated variant of S-300P family that are now also effective against mid-range ballistic missiles.

54K6E2 Command Post

Do you seriously believe that Iran would be able to develop anything slightly similar to capabilities of these? Its amazing how much BS fanboys of Mollah regime is able to accept.

What a lame logic.So according to you, it took human to go to space almost 20 years of research and development, does it mean it takes the same amount of time to go to space in 2012?S-300 is a 20th century weapon, and Iran, most probably have at least one sample that it can use to develop its own missile system.

Besides, only because you 'doubt' that it won't match S-300, doesn't mean it won't.You are a regular guy posting on net, not a military strategists who is aware of all Iran's secrets and capabilities.

I don't want to argue on Bavar now,because it's not unveiled. We should wait few month, if it did match S-300, then you will probably feel some heat beneath you, and if it didn't, then I will agree with everything you say.

Besides, Azerbaijan hasn't done any special job, it sold it's oil and bought these air defenses, If Iran wasn't under sanctions, it could even buy S-400 and I could come here and say Iran's air defense is among the best in the world. But now that we can't buy, everyone is chest-thumping for us.

Back
Top Bottom