What's new

Azerbaijan Defence Programs & Military Development

Couple of days aho, this same guy was discussing with @xenon54 how Turkey was supporting terrorists and bla bla bla, 5 minutes later the Ruskies in Ukraine shot down the Malaysian Airlines plane :rofl:

This guy gets owned, by the world events :omghaha:

Oh, is that why that Ruskie is leaving droppings in the Turkish thread :D

BTW, why should Azerbaijan care for 450 km or 570 km range? I am asking you, what is the distance between Azerbaijan and the most far location in Armenia? is it even 100 miles?

lol... Sorry but are you aware of that more range also means to stay more in the air ?.. More time for operation etc... ?..

The main concern of Azerbaijanis is not about technical issues. Russian technology in every field of military equipments is a battle proved widely used and state of the art technology, and Azerbaijani military has already used and currently using Russian arms and is very familiar with them. The main concern is about avoiding to sell spare parts or giving technical assistance in a war with Armenia, since Armenia is your close friend as well.

That is sure a problem. But it can be avoided if Azerbaijan joins the Eurasian union. Than Russia will make pressure upon Armenia to give the occupied land back to Azeris. Russians and Azeris was a great union in Soviet times. It can be like that again. The west is not your countries friend. Your turkic brothers the Turks also have just their own benefits in mind. I saw how they put Azeri flags into a trash can, when soccer game between turkey and armenia was played. Erdogan don´t wanted to disturb his armenian guests.

Russian authorities would never allow such barbarity.

EDIT:

Russian choppers are based upon more than 100 years of Soviet engineering capability. Most of the Soviet era airframes are handdrawn by grade A soviet Engineers and Scientists. They are perfect structures of their kind, made of the best available material for any kind of physical stress.

Most Soviet material is unfortunatly not maintained well, because Soviet structures brake apart in 1990. But today Russian defence Industry collects the perfect soviet basis again and modernizes its platforms to western standards. In some cases even to higher standards.

Russia can easily make electronic and engine upgrade kits to outperform anything that USA can offer with their Apache platform.

Russians only lack marketing. Turkish authorities are clever in marketing. They are like bazar carpet sellers.

Last edited:
OK, continue your trolling approach. I don't mind it. I am out of discussion with you guys. Continue in believing that T-129 is superior to Mil-35, and Apache and Ka 50, and continue to say big empty words like your technology is superior to Russia. To be honest with you guys, the only reason that I don't laugh at your posts like that Russian member, is that you are our Turkic brethren and no other reason. Otherwise, I would not even waste my time in discussing with people who say big empty words.
BTW, Azerbaijan government has already chosen and ordered Mil 35 in big numbers which it means that they have already examined these helicopters and made their decision, and I doubt if there is much more money left for another big purchase of your helicopter in an unknown future.

I said they almost outperform your helicopter in any specification.
BTW, why should Azerbaijan care for 450 km or 570 km range? I am asking you, what is the distance between Azerbaijan and the most far location in Armenia? is it even 100 miles?
or you are telling me that its highest altitude is 20, 000 ft. But, what is its advantage for us? We don't need operation in such altitudes. You may need it to counter kurdish guerrillas, but what we are supposed to do with this feature?
Again, carrying more weapons, more troops, being battle proved, ready to be produced and delivered, already existing in our inventory and easy and low costs to train our pilots, much more useful for our terrain, .... all means that Mi-35 is a better choice than T-129.

Everybody read What you wrote dude. Calm down but As I said above, Bitching around the words doesn't lead you anywhere. Keep your personnel cares regarding superior specifications of Atak for yourself. It is the numbers talking, not your masturbation to make favour of Russians at every conditions.
You claimed many things to underestimate Turkish products but can't prove any of them. When It is asked, you always started babbling and telling your personnel senses over them but Noone asked you What you are thinking/dreaming about superior specifications of Turkish products against Russian one.

That is sure a problem. But it can be avoided if Azerbaijan joins the Eurasian union. Than Russia will make pressure upon Armenia to give the occupied land back to Azeris. Russians and Azeris was a great union in Soviet times. It can be like that again. The west is not your countries friend. Your turkic brothers the Turks also have just their own benefits in mind. I saw how they put Azeri flags into a trash can, when soccer game between turkey and armenia was played. Erdogan don´t wanted to disturb his armenian guests.

Playing diplomacy tricks now ? lol , are you gonna steal Azerbaijan from a Pakistani forum ? :D How is Azerbaijan supposed to join such an union when Armenia is preparing to join.

@rmi5

They did not said T 129 was better then these platforms, they said they're in different categories, T-129 is in the category of Z-10, Tiger, Cobra etc.

Is that your new pick up line for Azerbaijan? And then Azerbaijan and Russia will ride together towards the sunset? What a sweet dream you have, seriously its so cute.:lol:

horse_sunset.jpg

lmao, Russians do every shit for their own benefit and then you dare to write 'Russian authorities would never allow such barbarity'. Who was it again that F'ed up Central Asia and the Caucasus? Who was it that wanted to assimilate Turkic people? list goes on.

Shhh. I want to see him/her post more crap.

Endurance;

T-129 - 3hrs
Mi-35 - 2hrs

But what would Azerbaijan do with another Hour ? :D

1h less or more. Who cares? Azerbaijani borders are not long enough to need 1 hours more duration...

:o:

And you think Azerbaijan has the luxury to rely on your enemys big brother? Sooner or later you will have to switch from soviet weapons to western counterparts otherwise Russia will deny you the crucial maintenance of your hardware if you go to a war with Armenia.

Turkiye is already going forward in leaps & bounds....Inshallah very soon it'll take its place as a very significant name in the International Defense Market !

Unfortunately our finances are pretty darn slim otherwise the Pakistan Army too would love to go for the T-129 & I believe the Pakistan Navy would love to look into your Air Defense Frigates ! :(

If only Turkiye had made these kind of leaps in early 2000s when we had ample cash to spare we probably would've seen some Turkish hardware in Pakistani colours; unfortunately the floods, the earthquake & the War on Terror coupled with usual corruption has drained us of our coffers ! :(

Turkiye is already going forward in leaps & bounds....Inshallah very soon it'll take its place as a very significant name in the International Defense Market !

Unfortunately our finances are pretty darn slim otherwise the Pakistan Army too would love to go for the T-129 & I believe the Pakistan Navy would love to look into your Air Defense Frigates ! :(

If only Turkiye had made these kind of leaps in early 2000s when we had ample cash to spare we probably would've seen some Turkish hardware in Pakistani colours; unfortunately the floods, the earthquake & the War on Terror coupled with usual corruption has drained us of our coffers ! :(
Mate dont mind the discussion here Azerbaijan and Pakistan are one of the most important allys of Turkey if not the most important, booth countrys purchased many weapon systems from us and will probably get even bigger ones once the systems are matured, it may take another decade but im sure we will see these days.

OK, continue your trolling approach. I don't mind it. I am out of discussion with you guys. Continue in believing that T-129 is superior to Mil-35, and Apache and Ka 50, and continue to say big empty words like your technology is superior to Russia. To be honest with you guys, the only reason that I don't laugh at your posts like that Russian member, is that you are our Turkic brethren and no other reason. Otherwise, I would not even waste my time in discussing with people who say big empty words.
BTW, Azerbaijan government has already chosen and ordered Mil 35 in big numbers which it means that they have already examined these helicopters and made their decision, and I doubt if there is much more money left for another big purchase of your helicopter in an unknown future.

That is a wise decision. Turkish army will regret their decision to purchase that failed Half italian chopper.

Soviet technology is reliable and battle proven.

We are discussing performance about T-129 in this thread. Not Russian rebels actions.

Turkish flir weighs 93 kg, while advanced western 3rd gen. FLIR are much lighter, weigh under 50 kg with much higher performance.

This is the latest western FLIR. 48 kg

http://gs.flir.com/uploads/file/products/brochures/star_safire_380-hld_a_ltr.pdf
safire-HD.gif

The Russian systems lack a major update in electronics. But if Azeri government is interested in purchasing them, than Russian authorities can sure do good contract with modernisation of all electronic parts to western standards. Sino-Russian alliance is easyly able to achieve that.

Russian FLIRS:

Mi35 / Ka-52 Alligator
UOMZ :: Day-and-night observation and sight system GOES 342 (OPS-24)

GOES 342 (OPS-24)
Set weight: 90kg (Aselflir300T: 95kg)
Thermal Imager: "Module-Avia" (Thales Catherine thermal Imager built under license)
(www.defense.gouv.fr/content/download/157638/1619859/file/calepin_international_2012.pdf)

The Russian military is too dependent on importing of French thermal imagers

YEKATERINBURG, July 16 . (ITAR-TASS ) . The French company Thales , on Thursday as part of the VI International exhibition of technical means " Defence Expo -2010 " , which takes place in the Sverdlovsk region on July 14-17 , has signed an agreement with Ural Optical Mechanical Plant ( Federal State Unitary Enterprise ) on the commencement of military and civil engineering . Said the deputy general director Anatoly UOMZ Sludnyh .

Another exmp. Damocles (targeting pod)

Russia will license-produce the Thales Damocles reconnaissance and target designation pod for its air force strike aircraft, following successful tests of the system with Malaysia's Sukhoi Su-30MKM multirole fighter. Comparative trials involving Damocles and the Ural Optical and Mechanical Plant (UOMZ)-produced Sapsan and Solux targeting pods went in favour of the French design
Russian fighters to use Thales Damocles targeting pods - 1/16/2008 - Flight Global

:-)

Last edited:
@rmi5

This is the third time that you have referred to Azerbaijan's supposed amount of funds, without even having a clue. Annual oil income aside, the country has $60 billion in its oil fond alone, a figure which increases annually. Azerbaijan is not rich on the level of gulf Arabs, but still it has enough funds for its size. I mean your logic does not make any sense, given that Azerbaijan's military spenditure will not decrease, but only increase, one cannot talk about toning down the arms purchases, actually the very exact opposite. Azerbaijan will hold its first defence exhibiton in two months, much of the military ambitions lies ahead. And btw, I don't have any intention to talk about this with you, you seem to enjoy every bit of discussion about smallest things.

And it perhaps would help you to learn that the Mi-35M are bought by Border Guards, a different organization from the Ministry of Defence. So the Air Force, which the Ministry of Defence is responsible for, might very well have plans for separate procurement of attack helicopters.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom