What's new

Azerbaijan Defence Programs & Military Development

That is sure a problem. But it can be avoided if Azerbaijan joins the Eurasian union. Than Russia will make pressure upon Armenia to give the occupied land back to Azeris. Russians and Azeris was a great union in Soviet times. It can be like that again. The west is not your countries friend. Your turkic brothers the Turks also have just their own benefits in mind. I saw how they put Azeri flags into a trash can, when soccer game between turkey and armenia was played. Erdogan don´t wanted to disturb his armenian guests.

Russian authorities would never allow such barbarity.

In contrast to what common people might think, the Azerbaijani elite has very good relations with Russia in contrast to Azerbaijan-Armenia conflict, ... Many Azerbaijani businessman even from Aliyev family and other important and notable Azerbaijani elite families live and have business in Russia. Even a couple of my maternal family live in Russia and have businesses in oil industry. Most of the elites can speak Russian fluently, ... So, we don't have some deep animosity between each other. There is one problem, which is very important, and it is Karabagh conflict. This Karabagh problem is prolonged too much and needs to be solved. We, South Caucasian people, are very cultured people, and don't seek to massacre each other in the 21st century, and don't have wet dreams about ruling each other like middle-eastern people. Russia needs to be more active in political scene and try to make peace, then we can boost relations much more and have more trust on Russia. Russia should not take sides, and I believe that she can play this role. About Turkey, They are our blood brethren, and we like their people but they have chosen a very wrong and dangerous path, which is involving in Middle-East and dreaming for a new ottoman system, as Davutoglu has already told this before as "New-Ottomanism". They would finally end up like an another Iran without oil, if they continue these policies. Anyway, I believe that Azerbaijan should have a neutral and friendly relation with all of her important neighbors, and keep having business with all of them.

@rmi5

This is the third time that you have referred to Azerbaijan's supposed amount of funds, without even having a clue. Annual oil income aside, the country has $60 billion in its oil fond alone, a figure which increases annually. Azerbaijan is not rich on the level of gulf Arabs, but still it has enough funds for its size. I mean your logic does not make any sense, given that Azerbaijan's military spenditure will not decrease, but only increase, one cannot talk about toning down the arms purchases, actually the very exact opposite. Azerbaijan will hold its first defence exhibiton in two months, much of the military ambitions lies ahead. And btw, I don't have any intention to talk about this with you, you seem to enjoy every bit of discussion about smallest things.

And it perhaps would help you to learn that the Mi-35M are bought by Border Guards, a different organization from the Ministry of Defence. So the Air Force, which the Ministry of Defence is responsible for, might very well have plans for separate procurement of attack helicopters.

Azerbaijan budget for purchasing arms is around 3-4 billion dollars at most. Azerbaijan is in a serious need to upgrade her air force, which is too weak. Even if we spend all of this budget for air force, it would take about 8-10 years just to build a top notch air force. We definitely have good oil revenue, but it is not unlimited, and government needs to carefully spend it on tons of different stuff. Azerbaijan is not like Saudi Arabia or UAE. So far, Azerbaijan government has done a good job in reducing poverty, increasing GDP, and providing some of the best military equipments from different countries with reasonable prices. The trend needs to be continued, with involving all of the interested countries in our market and keep them competitive to achieve their own share from our market.

Last edited:
In contrast to what common people might think, the Azerbaijani elite has very good relations with Russia in contrast to Azerbaijan-Armenia conflict, ... Many Azerbaijani businessman even from Aliyev family and other important and notable Azerbaijani elite families live and have business in Russia. Even a couple of my maternal family live in Russia and have businesses in oil industry. Most of the elites can speak Russian fluently, ... So, we don't have some deep animosity between each other. There is one problem, which is very important, and it is Karabagh conflict. This Karabagh problem is prolonged too much and needs to be solved. We, South Caucasian people, are very cultured people, and don't seek to massacre each other in the 21st century, and don't have wet dreams about ruling each other like middle-eastern people. Russia needs to be more active in political scene and try to make peace, then we can boost relations much more and have more trust on Russia. Russia should not take sides, and I believe that she can play this role. About Turkey, They are our blood brethren, and we like their people but they have chosen a very wrong and dangerous path, which is involving in Middle-East and dreaming for a new ottoman system, as Davutoglu has already told this before as "New-Ottomanism". They would finally end up like an another Iran without oil, if they continue these policies. Anyway, I believe that Azerbaijan should have a neutral and friendly relation with all of her important neighbors, and keep having business with all of them.
i agreed with half of your words

"New-Ottomanism" is mistake turkey only should seek market in middle east in that must be all people of middle east are crazy people whom wanted to kill each other but in the other hand allying with russia is also a big mistake russians only respect power ! other wise they will crush u and rule u know what i mean if u are not strong enough they will make u their colony and suck your blood ! also if they dont act like this russia has so many enemy if u stay with them they will target u too

lol another poor comment... When you will understand russia didn't help armenia about karabagh for 'brotherhood'/'friendship ?.. russia did it inorder to cut your ties with us and by this way they tried to cut your most possible pipeline way to europe and by this way they wanted to be the only one gas supplier of EU... They tried to fvck up your gas exports.... russia don't want any rival... If you agree with russia's offer do you think you will be able to export gas like today and near future and far future ?... Will you check out map and look where karabagh stands to understand what i say ?..

3-4 billion for what period? if we take the 2010-2014 period, we would have a figure greater than $6 billion. There is specifically a "2020" goal set by the government, which includes the strengthening of military capabilities as one if its major goals.

lol another poor comment... When you will understand russia didn't help armenia about karabagh for 'brotherhood'/'friendship ?.. russia did it inorder to cut your ties with us and by this way they tried to cut your most possible pipeline way to europe and by this way they wanted to be the only one gas supplier of EU... They tried to fvck up your gas exports.... russia don't want any rival... If you agree with russia's offer do you think you will be able to export gas like today and near future and far future ?... Will you check out map and look where karabagh stands to understand what i say ?..
Don't try to teach me about our region. The karabagh issue did not start after our independence, but it started during the soviet era, in which there was no meaning of Russian interests. BTW, if you have seen the map, try to see zangezur as well, and see that it is already part of which country. Russia obviously seeks her own interests like any other country, and, finally, we need to negotiate with them, but the South Caucasus issue is much more complicated than what your brain can understand.

3-4 billion for what period? if we take the 2010-2014 period, we would have a figure greater than $6 billion. There is specifically a "2020" goal set by the government, which includes the strengthening of military capabilities as one if its major goals.

I was talking about 3-4 billon per year, which it has been generally lower than that in the previous years. We maybe can reach to 5-6 billion dollar per year in 2020, if the oil prices remains reasonable and we can increase the oil production.

Don't try to teach me about our region. The karabagh issue did not start after our independence, but it started during the soviet era, in which there was no meaning of Russian interests. BTW, if you have seen the map, try to see zangezur as well, and see that it is already part of which country. Russia obviously seeks her own interests like any other country, and, finally, we need to negotiate with them, but the South Caucasus issue is much more complicated than what your brain can understand.
SLOW DOWN buddy why we are exchanging such hash words we are all brothers aren't we ?? we only seek best for each other

SLOW DOWN buddy why we are exchanging such hash words we are all brothers aren't we ?? we only seek best for each other
Dude, I have a limited capacity to hear/read BS per day, and remain cool. This capacity is almost getting full for today. I don't like the smart alec attitude of some members.

OK, continue your trolling approach. I don't mind it. I am out of discussion with you guys. Continue in believing that T-129 is superior to Mil-35, and Apache and Ka 50, and continue to say big empty words like your technology is superior to Russia. To be honest with you guys, the only reason that I don't laugh at your posts like that Russian member, is that you are our Turkic brethren and no other reason. Otherwise, I would not even waste my time in discussing with people who say big empty words.
BTW, Azerbaijan government has already chosen and ordered Mil 35 in big numbers which it means that they have already examined these helicopters and made their decision, and I doubt if there is much more money left for another big purchase of your helicopter in an unknown future.

yes they do , Mi-35 is for border guards , which is perfect to support special forces and for surveillance operations along the border
the air force is currently looking to replace its 60 Mi-24s

yes they do , Mi-35 is for border guards , which is perfect to support special forces and for surveillance operations along the border

Dude, you always exaggerate. The air force has modernized a part of its Mi-24s, and is planning to modernize the rest, not "replace them". I mean you just say things out of blue, who has said such a thing that you say? Unless you are working in the defence ministry and I don't know it.

With all due respect btw, don't take offense.

Can some mod delete the last 10 pages of this useless argument

Azerbaijan bought Mi-35 for Border Guard for surveillance operations and support of special forces due to it having

BTW, What are the candidates for replacing Mi-24s? I suppose that they are going to be replaced with another heavy attack helicopters, like Mi-35M or maybe Mi-28 or Kamov 50?

PS. an upgrade may seem to be sufficient

Dude, you always exaggerate. It is looking to modernized its Mi-24s, not "replace them". I mean you just say things out of blue, who has said such a thing that you say? Unless you are working in the defence ministry and I don't know it.

With all due respect btw, don't take offense.

well since our Mi-24s were modernized in Ukraine , I am not sure what's gonna happen now about it
Azerbaijan expressed its interest in Ka-52 and already testing T-129
Most likely it is looking to replace the old fleet

Back
Top Bottom