What's new

Azerbaijan Defence Programs & Military Development

I have just one question for you.

Are Russian Weapons "Soviet Junk"?

Soviets send incompetent Scientists and engineers to gulags.

The fanboys here can bet their tiny asses that Soviet Weapons are battle hardened and superior platforms.

Dont confuse arab incompetence as Soviet faults. Soviet MIGs was superior to western jets when they was first introduced in Korea War.

A soviet delegation visited Rollce Royce Facility and a soviet engineer put some metal chips in his pocket.

Soviet scientists was able to reverse engineer the exact metalurgy of that metal chips. Than Mikoyan and his Engineers build jet engines which was made of superior metal than those of Rollce Royce.

Can turkish engineers do such things? Turkey is a scientificaly backward country. You buy questionable subsystems which can´t be developed into anything beside the original technology it was knocked off.

The first ever made Helicopter on earth was made by a Russian. US helicopter technology is based upon Russian scientifical research.

Igor Sikorsky was a Russian. You know SIKORSKY? Turks fly their Blackhawks. Turks are ignorant. Russians are pioneers of Aeronautics and Helicopter technology.

Sputnik
Yuri Gagarin
Igor Sikorsky
Akronoplan

Turks can never achieve something like that.

Mi-35 Pilot

1kGQqin.jpg

We are discussing performance about T-129 in this thread. Not Russian rebels actions.

Turkish flir weighs 93 kg, while advanced western 3rd gen. FLIR are much lighter, weigh under 50 kg with much higher performance.

This is the latest western FLIR. 48 kg

http://gs.flir.com/uploads/file/products/brochures/star_safire_380-hld_a_ltr.pdf
safire-HD.gif

The Russian systems lack a major update in electronics. But if Azeri government is interested in purchasing them, than Russian authorities can sure do good contract with modernisation of all electronic parts to western standards. Sino-Russian alliance is easyly able to achieve that.

Russian choppers are flying trucks. But their old soviet FLIRs (90 kg) are still lighter than your brandnew turkish FLIR (95kg).

Another selfownage.

But that is not your fault. It is the limited engineering capability of your industry.

Dude, Please don't talk about ownage anymore...

SuperCobra FLIR: NTS ~128kg (without electronic unit)
King Cobra AN/AAQ-30: 115kg (gimbal+electronic unit)
T-129 Atak Flir: 300T: 116kg (gimbal+electronic unit)
MTS-B: Predator-B: 116kg (gimbal+electronic unit)

3rd generation Aselsan Flirs that will use Aselsan developed QWIP detectors...
335: ~100kg ( To provide biger resolution requirements of AirForce to use high altitudes. Most probably, It will be used on ANKA-TP)
235: ~70kg (Replace 300T on platforms)
135:~40kg (For tactical UAV's, Naval platforms)
100:~35kg (Mini platforms)

Image of 235
attachment.php

Last edited:
Dude, Please don't talk about ownage anymore...

SuperCobra FLIR: NTS ~128kg (without electronic unit)
King Cobra AN/AAQ-30: 115kg (gimbal+electronic unit)
T-129 Atak Flir: 300T: 116kg (gimbal+electronic unit)
MTS-B: Predator-B: 116kg (gimbal+electronic unit)

3rd generation Aselsan Flirs
235: ~70kg (Replace 300T on platforms)
335: ~100kg ( To provide more biger resolution requirements of AirForce to use high altitudes. Most probably, It will be used on ANKA-TP)

Whoa! You ninja! I am impressed!

But still you have to explain the dimension problem.

unbenannt.png

Whoa! You ninja! I am impressed!

But still you have to explain the dimension problem.

unbenannt.png

Your ignorance reached such a high levels that "Making you impressed" (OWNAGE) became a childplay for anybody who is willing to type something related matters but You have already been babbling without shame on yourself.
Besides, If you had a basic reading capability, You should have understood at previus posts that There is not a problem like dimension but I see It is the natural differences of trolls and normal member. Everybody plays own roles. I do not expect more from you.

Your ignorance reached such a high levels that "Making you impressed" (OWNAGE) became a childplay for anybody who is willing to type something related matters but You have already been babbling without shame on yourself.
Besides, If you had a basic reading capability, You should have understood at previus posts that There is not a problem like dimension but I see It is the natural differences of trolls and normal member. Everybody plays own roles. I do not expect more from you.

Whoa!

Dude, why you hurt my feelings? I just have the health of your poor crewman in mind. You should also not export that dangerous choppers. Their main rotor can get lost in midflight.

Azeri Government will purchase more Russian choppers. Thanks for your valid arguments to secure this Russian defence export success in a military related forum.

I must leave now. Mission accomplished. :tup:

Why on earth you are talking on behalf of Azerbaijani government? who gave you such a right?

@xxxKULxxx was it you who posted about the fate of our Russian choppers at the upgrade in Russia a couple months ago? If yes, coud you repost it pls.
@LordTyrannus @rmi5 i just found the link...

Jandarma Genel Komutanlığı'na ait Mi-17 helikopterlerinin içler acısı hali

I basically says that Turkish Gerndarmerie sent their Mi-17 to Russia for modernisation in 2010 and never heard anything about it, in another link they said Turkish officials had to travel across Russia to find the choppers and thats what they have found....

mi-17%20rusyada-600x400.jpg

Just wanted to point out how reliable Russian hardware was for us, i dont think Turkey will ever purchase anything bigger from Russia again, it should be a lesson for you guys too.

@LordTyrannus @rmi5 i just found the link...

Jandarma Genel Komutanlığı'na ait Mi-17 helikopterlerinin içler acısı hali

I basically says that Turkish Gerndarmerie sent their Mi-17 to Russia for modernisation in 2010 and never heard anything about it, in another link they said Turkish officials had to travel across Russia to find the choppers and thats what they have found....

mi-17%20rusyada-600x400.jpg

Just wanted to point out how reliable Russian hardware was for us, i dont think Turkey will ever purchase anything bigger from Russia again, it should be a lesson for you guys too.

They are very unreliable partners for sure.... they swindled Iran for a couple of times i think... Rmi knows better than us. :)

They are very unreliable partners for sure.... they swindled Iran for a couple of times i think... Rmi knows better than us. :)
Iran, Azerbaijan, and Turkey are 3 very different cases for Russia.
S-300 deal was signed during Putin presidency while it was canceled during Medvedev presidency who had a friendly approach for western countries. Although, it seems that Russians did help Iran in technical assistances and maybe that's what made Iran able to quickly develop her own indigenous air defense which is called Bavar-373, and has a performances close to S-300 products family. Anyway, USA is very serious against any help to Iran military, and there are already UN resolutions for it. In addition, Russians consider Iran as a strong neighbor, and although, there is no open conflict between them, but they don't like Iran to get more stronger and have more influence than some limits in Central Asia, and Caucasus. Instead, Iran has used Chinese help(for example in anti-ship Ballistic missiles technoloy), when Russians were not willing to help.
About Turkey, Russia has no reason to help Turkey, nor consider it a reliable partner, since Turkey is part of NATO, and tons of obvious reasons ...
About Azerbaijan, They still consider Azerbaijan as an ex-soviet and try to keep some balance between South Caucasians. But, They have much more trust in exporting their arms to Azerbaijan than Iran or Turkey, for obvious reasons.
To wrap it up, being reliable or not, heavily depends on bilateral relations. For example, Russia will be 100.00% reliable for Belarus in the next decades, while you should not expect them to see Turkey, and Iran with the same glass.

an, Azerbaijan, and Turkey are 3 very different cases for Russia.
S-300 deal was signed during Putin presidency while it was canceled during Medvedev presidency who had a friendly approach for western countries. Although, it seems that Russians did help Iran in technical assistances and maybe that's what made Iran able to quickly develop her own indigenous air defense which is called Bavar-373, and has a performances close to S-300 products family. Anyway, USA is very serious against any help to Iran military, and there are already UN resolutions for it. In addition, Russians consider Iran as a strong neighbor, and although, there is no open conflict between them, but they don't like Iran to get more stronger and have more influence than some limits in Central Asia, and Caucasus. Instead, Iran has used Chinese help(for example in anti-ship Ballistic missiles technoloy), when Russians were not willing to help.
About Turkey, Russia has no reason to help Turkey, nor consider it a reliable partner, since Turkey is part of NATO, and tons of obvious reasons ...
About Azerbaijan, They still consider Azerbaijan as an ex-soviet and try to keep some balance between South Caucasians. But, They have much more trust in exporting their arms to Azerbaijan than Iran or Turkey, for obvious reasons.
To wrap it up, being reliable or not, heavily depends on bilateral relations. For example, Russia will be 100.00% reliable for Belarus in the next decades, while you should not expect them to see Turkey, and Iran with the same glass.

Mate, i don't expect any thing from Russia, rather than keep their word...You saw our helis' condition.... well they can stuck their soviet junk to their appropriate places...

Anyways, i don't think Russia will ever be a reliable partner for our Azeri bros...nor Russia neither Israel..... but their country, their rules...

T70 - UTILITY HELICOPTER PROGRAM - Turkish Aerospace Industries, Inc.
T129 ATTACK HELICOPTER - Turkish Aerospace Industries, Inc.

These are enough for us.

BTW, why should Azerbaijan care for 450 km or 570 km range? I am asking you, what is the distance between Azerbaijan and the most far location in Armenia? is it even 100 miles?

The poor guy who said these words is trying to talk about my brain... :confused:

Nevermind... :D

News.Az - Azerbaijan to refuse using BRDM scout cars

he Azerbaijani Armed Forces will launch a new program to replace Soviet-made BRDM-1 and BRDM-2 armored reconnaissance/patrol vehicles by up-to-date armored vehicles, governmental sources told APA.

Armored vehicles of several countries were tested within the program. In the end, Cobra 4x4 wheeled armored vehicle produced by the Turkish Otokar was chosen. Being in the armament of the Azerbaijani Border Guards and Interior Troops, Cobra vehicles have successfully passed tests, showing a high level of maneuverability.

By available information, the Azerbaijani Government instructed the Ministry of Defense Industry to establish a production unit of the abovementioned vehicles in the country to meet the army’s demand. The ministry is carrying out works for producing new armored vehicles.

If the negotiations succeed, an agreement on the production of Cobra vehicles in Azerbaijan is expected to be signed in ADEX-2014 to be held in Baku in September.

A protocol of intent signed between Azerbaijan’s Ministry of Industry and Turkey’s Undersecretariat for the Defense Industry in May, 2013 reflects the production of Cobra vehicles in Azerbaijan.

modernized azerbaijani bmp-1 (elbit, belarus, slovak, chech?) 30mm gun, coaxial 7,62?

bmp1.jpg

Back
Top Bottom