What's new

Azerbaijan Defence Programs & Military Development

Which corvette design is planned to construct in that shipyard ? Is there an ongoing tender for mentioned project ?

this shipyard is for Border Patrol , Navy will have its own shipyard , of course a lot bigger
it seems both Milgem and Saar 72 were offered to Azerbaijan

ysFcHHv.jpg

this shipyard is for Border Patrol , Navy will have its own shipyard , of course a lot bigger

ysFcHHv.jpg

I think It is same for patrol boats Azerbaijan is planning to construct in those shipyards. What about the coast guard boats you have posted above ? Do you have specifications of it ? Origin ?

As far as I know Turkey's Dearsan is put into the blacklist of Azerbaijan cause of costructing a military shipyard along with patrol boats in Turkmenistan.

trkmen1-jpg.23184

Last edited:
I think It is same for patrol boats Azerbaijan is planning to construct in those shipyards. What about the coast guard boats you have posted above ? Do you have specifications of it ? Origin ?

As far as I know Turkey's Dearsan is put into the blacklist of Azerbaijan cause of costructing a military shipyard along with patrol boats in Turkmenistan.

trkmen1-jpg.23184

it seems to be a bigger version of SHALDAG MK IV which Romanian border police currently have in service
also there is another bigger Israeli patrol boat which will be built for the border guards
but who knows , Saar 72 might be for the border patrol as well

The armament of OPV includes 8x Spike NLOS with 25km range (as seen above).

5937731.jpg

Last edited:

ysFcHHv.jpg

This shipyard is a joint partnership project with Israel Shipyards, how do you figure that Milgem or any other design could be ever built there? This shipyard will only build designs of Israel Shipyards, as it seems.

Last edited:
Inaccurate information.

This shipyard is a joint partnership with Israel Shipyards, how do you figure that Milgem or any other design could be ever built there? This shipyard will only build designs of Israel Shipyards, as it seems.

who said Milgem would be built there?
just like I posted before Navy is negotiating to build its own shipyard
plus I doubt the shipyard that belongs to Border guards has the capacity for Saar-72

Not sure why you write down your own assumptions as "fact".

1: Saar S-72 is 800 tons, OPV design that is currently being built is 470 tons, so it definetly has the capacity. You are making an inaccurate assumption.
2: Everything that is shown there are connected to that shipyard.
3: You should look at it as an already projected design.
4: Milgem is out of question with Saar S-72.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom