What's new

Azerbaijan Defence Programs & Military Development

Not sure why you write down your own assumptions as "fact".

1: Saar-72 is 800 tons, OPV design that is currently being built is 470 tons, so it definetly has the capacity. Saar-72 is not huge by any meaans.
2: Why would it be shown there if that's the case?
3: It's already rather projected.
4: Milgem is out of question with Saar S-72.
5: There is no information on whether or not Navy is "negotiation to build its own shipyard". But like said, with the presence of Saar S-72, there isn't any logic to look for Milgem or other designs.

APA - Турецкая компания обсуждает с Азербайджаном вопрос строительства военной верфи и производства военных кораблей

just like I said earlier Saar 72 is most likely for border guards
it is already known navy is negotiating with Korea for other ships as well

I would rather look at facts before our own very eyes.

There is absolutely no logic behind what you are saying, Azerbaijan doesn't need anything heavier than Saar S-72. Look at its armament, it's equal to much larger designs. You have something that does the same job as a different and much heavier designs, you already have what you need. Especially when we are talking about Caspian Sea.

Last edited:
What does that mean? None of Israeli designs, Azeri440 introduced as shipyards programs, are not a requirement of Azerbaijan or Noone of them are choosed to construct ?

What's the actual Azerbaijani requirement in corvette program?

What does that mean? None of Israeli designs, Azeri440 introduced as shipyards programs, are not a requirement of Azerbaijan or Noone of them are choosed to construct ?

What's the actual Azerbaijani requirement in corvette program?

The shipyard you see will only produce the designs of Israel Shipyards. Two designs, patrol boat and OPV are being built, while Saar S-72 is proposed/projected.

The shipyard you see will only produce the designs of Israel Shipyards. Two designs, patrol boat and OPV are being built, while Saar S-72 is proposed/projected.

You mean OPV and patrol boat requirements are projected by Azerbaijani government to meet the requirements of either Coastguard or Navy and It is Israeli designs that got the winner against Turkish designs (?) and The boats selected, will be constructed in a shipyard Israel established in Azerbaijan. Right ?

You mean OPV and patrol boat requirements are projected by Azerbaijani government to meet the requirements of either Coastguard or Navy and It is Israeli designs that got the winner against Turkish designs (?) and The boats selected, will be constructed in a shipyard Israel established in Azerbaijan. Right ?

Basically yes. I think it was most likely government to government deal, rather than a tender.

I would rather look at facts before our own very eyes.

There is absolutely no logic behind what you are saying, Azerbaijan doesn't need anything heavier than Saar S-72. Look at its armament, it's equal to much larger designs. You have something that does the same job as a different and much heavier designs, you already have what you need. Especially when we are talking about Caspian Sea.

I am saying Saar 72 is for the border guards
while Navy is considering different ships just like different sources are stating

Basically yes. I think it was most likely government to government deal, rather than a tender.

Vay be aq !!! Neden yırttık ki bitaraflarımızı ülke olarak davet etmediğimiz tek bir proje, tek bir sistem kalmadı senelerce, özellikle Murat BAYAR görevdeyken. Görüşme fotolarından albüm olur ama Al bak adam government to government işi bitiriyor İsraille, gözünün içine bakıp mükemmel bunlar helal kardeşime diyip sırtını dönünce ana avrat küfredercesine!!!

It means Victory of so called alliance against solidarity of brotherhood. Remember There are lots of disappointments like that in past as well but This time, I just thought that Those fancy Israeli toys Azerbaijani members have been introducing, were just proposal of Israel against rivals as It is mentioned in posters so I need to ask some question but I realized that The situation is a littile different. I know very well that many shipyards like Ares, Dearsan, Yonca Onuk, STM design, Istanbul Shipyard were interesting to transfer necessary technologies regarding both composite and metalic hull construction to Azerbaijan.

BTW, Undersecretariat of Turkish defence industry was also very keen to work on naval technologies, stabilized guns, missiles and many other subsystems. Aselsan sold more than 160 stabilized gun system on many configuration to many countries but When It comes to our brother state, They prefer Israeli one on their platforms. In this consequences, Who can claim that Aselsan stabilized naval guns are inferior to Israeli one ? Who can claim that Aselsan stabilized guns are more expensive than Israeli one ? Who can claim that Turkey is an enemy of Azerbaijan ? Who can claim that Turkish boats are inferior to Israeli one in terms of duration, firepower, confortability ? What's the logic behind those selections against Turkish equivalents Despite Turkish officials are ripping somewhere to find a collaboration area between two state ? Is there anybody from Azerbaijan who can tell me something meaningfull regarding those questions ?

At a reportage, It was underlined that They are in talk with Azeri side to establish a new shipyard togather with Azerbaijan. It is understood that Many officials wasted their valuable times at Azerbaijan to introduce many usefull things to find a collaboration opportunities on many available fields including ongoing projects. I think It is no need to examine Turkish naval warship construction experiences and ongoing projects. Not only naval areas, I remember Turkish side told importance of collaboration in many fields but It is seen that Azerbaijan is busy with connecting all sources to Israel instead of working with Turkey. I really don't know What's behind of that policies. It is maybe because of Israel love of Aliyev or some other reasons such as apathy of Turkish sides towards Azerbaijan but I know very well How ambitious Turkish side was When It comes to work with Azerbaijan. If neccesity of brotherhood is proceeding like that in our minds while mouths are speaking two country one nation dreams, I think It is no need to participate Azerbaijani defence fairs, No need to arrange any official meetings regarding any cooperation opportunities to waste times, No need to follow a common foreign policies against problematic countries. If you check Azeri-Turk defence trade of 2013 and compare them with others, You will understand What I am taking about. Just wanted to mention.

Last edited:
Dear brothers, none of Azerbaijani members (with all respect) know what is going on and how things work in Azerbaijan. Neither know the journalists who writes articles on military subjects in Azerbaijan. On top of that Azerbaijani government don't have a policy as well. All they do is maneuvering between big streams and decision maker is the President. Such a policy may result in having many shipyards and many countries building their own projects. Azerbaijan's procurement of air defense systems is a good example. So it is too early to be disappointed.

Hmmmll, Vay be!
It means Victory of so called alliance against solidarity of brotherhood. Remember There are lots of disappointments like that in past as well but This time, I just thought that Those fancy Israeli toys Azerbaijani members have been introducing, were just proposal of Israel against rivals as It is mentioned in posters so I need to ask some question but I realized that The situation is a littile different. I know very well that many shipyards like Ares, Dearsan, Yonca Onuk, STM design, Istanbul Shipyard were interested to transfer necessary technologies both composite and metalic hull construction to Azerbaijan in required areas. Undersecretariat of Turkish defence industry was also very keen to work on naval technologies, stabilized gun, missiles and many other subsystems. At a reportage, It was underlined that They are in talk with Azeri side to establish a new shipyard togather with Azerbaijan. It is understood that Many officials wasted their valuable times at Azerbaijan to introduce many usefull things to find a collaboration opportunities on many available fields including ongoing projects. I think It is no need to examine Turkish naval warship construction experiences and ongoing projects. Not only naval areas, I remember Turkish side told importance of collaboration in many fields but It is seen that Azerbaijan is busy with connecting all sources to Israel instead of working with Turkey. I really don't know What's behind of that policies. It is maybe because of Israel love of Aliyev or some other reasons such as apathy of Turkish sides towards Azerbaijan but I know very well How ambitious Turkish side was When It comes to work with Azerbaijan. If neccesity of brotherhood is proceeding like that in our minds, I think It is no need to participate Azerbaijani defence fairs, No need to arrange any official meetings regarding any cooperation opportunities to waste times. If you check Azeri-Turk defence trade of 2013 and compare them with others, You will understand What I am taking about. Just wanted to mention.
If i remember correctly they chose israel to upgrade some of their tanks instead of turkey.

perhaps someone doesn't want turkey to have to much influence in azerbaijan.

We dont know what goes on behind the scenes. Unfortunately what goes on behind the scenes is what actually matters.

Last edited:
````````````````
Vay be aq !!! Neden yırttık ki bitaraflarımızı ülke olarak davet etmediğimiz tek bir proje, tek bir sistem kalmadı senelerce, özellikle Murat BAYAR görevdeyken. Görüşme fotolarından albüm olur ama Al bak adam government to government işi bitiriyor İsraille, gözünün içine bakıp mükemmel bunlar helal kardeşime diyip sırtını dönünce ana avrat küfredercesine!!!

It means Victory of so called alliance against solidarity of brotherhood. Remember There are lots of disappointments like that in past as well but This time, I just thought that Those fancy Israeli toys Azerbaijani members have been introducing, were just proposal of Israel against rivals as It is mentioned in posters so I need to ask some question but I realized that The situation is a littile different. I know very well that many shipyards like Ares, Dearsan, Yonca Onuk, STM design, Istanbul Shipyard were interesting to transfer necessary technologies regarding both composite and metalic hull construction to Azerbaijan.

BTW, Undersecretariat of Turkish defence industry was also very keen to work on naval technologies, stabilized guns, missiles and many other subsystems. Aselsan sold more than 160 stabilized gun system on many configuration to many countries but When It comes to our brother state, They prefer Israeli one on their platforms. In this consequences, Who can claim that Aselsan stabilized naval guns are inferior to Israeli one ? Who can claim that Aselsan stabilized guns are more expensive than Israeli one ? Who can claim that Turkey is an enemy of Azerbaijan ? Who can claim that Turkish boats are inferior to Israeli one in terms of duration, firepower, confortability ? What's the logic behind those selections against Turkish equivalents Despite Turkish officials are ripping somewhere to find a collaboration area between two state ? Is there anybody from Azerbaijan who can tell me something meaningfull regarding those questions ?

At a reportage, It was underlined that They are in talk with Azeri side to establish a new shipyard togather with Azerbaijan. It is understood that Many officials wasted their valuable times at Azerbaijan to introduce many usefull things to find a collaboration opportunities on many available fields including ongoing projects. I think It is no need to examine Turkish naval warship construction experiences and ongoing projects. Not only naval areas, I remember Turkish side told importance of collaboration in many fields but It is seen that Azerbaijan is busy with connecting all sources to Israel instead of working with Turkey. I really don't know What's behind of that policies. It is maybe because of Israel love of Aliyev or some other reasons such as apathy of Turkish sides towards Azerbaijan but I know very well How ambitious Turkish side was When It comes to work with Azerbaijan. If neccesity of brotherhood is proceeding like that in our minds while mouths are speaking two country one nation dreams, I think It is no need to participate Azerbaijani defence fairs, No need to arrange any official meetings regarding any cooperation opportunities to waste times, No need to follow a common foreign policies against problematic countries. If you check Azeri-Turk defence trade of 2013 and compare them with others, You will understand What I am taking about. Just wanted to mention.
Bro,kafani bosuna yorma,if not then not.

@Armstrong remember what i told you a long time ago,about Turkic brotherhood?

If i remember correctly they chose israel to upgrade some of their tanks instead of turkey.

perhaps someone doesn't want turket to have to much influence in azerbaijan.

We dont know what goes on behind the scenes. Unfortunately what goes on behind the scenes is what actually matters.
Well Israel also upgraded Turkish Tanks (M60 Sabra) so regarding Tanks we are at the beginning of technological developement and probably dont have the capacity to upgrade foreign Tanks while working on indigenous one, i dont know.

I dont think Azerbaijan is intentionally choosing foreign products against Turkish counterparts, we are still developing many systems, maybe Azerbaijan will go for Turkish products when the time arrives and our products prove themselves, im actually quite sure Turkish-Azeri cooperation will grow futher, no nee to be pessimistic yet.

When you sell weapons to our enemy (Turkmenistan) how can you expect us to buy weapons from you ?

Back
Top Bottom