What's new

Azerbaijan Defence Programs & Military Development

Azerbaijan is purchasing bulletproof vests from Italy
contract is worth millions with a possibility to build a factory in Azerbaijan
btw the guy in the video wearing the vest is an Azeri and he is part of the project
balls of steel

How he can be so calm? :o:

Azerbaijan capture Armenian 'spy' after failed raid
Azerbaijani forces say they have captured an Armenian spy following the latest in a series of tit-for-tat raids along the volatile frontier between the two arch-foes. "There was an attempt by an Armenian reconnaissance and sabotage group to cross the border in the Tovuz region (northwestern Azerbaijan) on January 28," the defence ministry in Baku said in a statement released late Tuesday.

"After a short exchange of fire the group retreated. Azerbaijani troops captured the leader of the group, Mamiko Khojayan, who was armed and wounded," the statement said.

The latest clash comes amid an uptick in violence over the disputed territory of Nagorno-Karabakh that has seen at least two Azerbaijani soldiers and one combattant from the separatist region killed over the past 10 days. Both sides have also accused each other of launching failed cross-border raids along the conflict-ridden frontline over the same period. Armenia-backed separatists seized Nagorno-Karabakh from Azerbaijanin a 1990s war that killed 30,000 people. Despite years of negotiations since a 1994 ceasefire, the two sides have yet to sign a peace deal.

Azerbaijan has threatened to take back the disputed region by force if negotiations do not yield results, while Armenia has vowed to retaliate against any military action. Around 20 soldiers from both sides were reportedly killed last year.
Azerbaijan capture Armenian 'spy' after failed raid - CAUCASUS

tcsq0Qf.png

I think Russians should have done this freely for Armenians, since I doubt if they are able to pay anything.

Russia Reinforces Armenian Base With Overhauled MiG-29 Fighter Jets

MiG-29 fighter jet

© RIA Novosti. V. Kiselev

MOSCOW, March 4 (RIA Novosti) – Russia has strengthened its airbase in Armenia with a batch of overhauled MiG-29 fighter jets, a military official said Tuesday.

Russia’s 3624th Air Base at the Erebuni airport in Yerevan previously hosted at least 16 MiG-29 Fulcrum fighter jets operating under the framework of air defense agreements concluded between the members of the Commonwealth of Independent States.

“A batch of fourth-generation MiG-29 multirole fighter jets has been put in service with the Russian airbase at Eerebuni after an extensive overhaul,” a spokesman for the Southern Military District, Col. Igor Gorbul, said without specifying the number of aircraft.

The Erebuni air base is part of Russia’s 102nd military base in Gyumri, near Armenia’s border with Turkey.

Mikoyan MiG-29K

The Russian military said in January that in addition to fighter jets the Erebuni base will soon host a helicopter squadron armed with at least 18 attack and military transport choppers.

I think Russians should have done this freely for Armenians, since I doubt if they are able to pay anything.

Russia Reinforces Armenian Base With Overhauled MiG-29 Fighter Jets

MiG-29 fighter jet

© RIA Novosti. V. Kiselev

MOSCOW, March 4 (RIA Novosti) – Russia has strengthened its airbase in Armenia with a batch of overhauled MiG-29 fighter jets, a military official said Tuesday.

Russia’s 3624th Air Base at the Erebuni airport in Yerevan previously hosted at least 16 MiG-29 Fulcrum fighter jets operating under the framework of air defense agreements concluded between the members of the Commonwealth of Independent States.

“A batch of fourth-generation MiG-29 multirole fighter jets has been put in service with the Russian airbase at Eerebuni after an extensive overhaul,” a spokesman for the Southern Military District, Col. Igor Gorbul, said without specifying the number of aircraft.

The Erebuni air base is part of Russia’s 102nd military base in Gyumri, near Armenia’s border with Turkey.

Mikoyan MiG-29K

The Russian military said in January that in addition to fighter jets the Erebuni base will soon host a helicopter squadron armed with at least 18 attack and military transport choppers.
The Russians clearly see the Turks as enemies and they will do whatever they can to protect their orthodox Armenian buddies.

The Russians clearly see the Turks as enemies and they will do whatever they can to protect their orthodox Armenian buddies.
Buddy, Russians have proved to always look for their own interests. Armenia acts as their last remaining land in South Caucasus, and is a tool to pressurize its own neighbors.Armenians are a small ethnicity who are surrounded by turks and also Georgians who none of them like Armenians. It always makes them vulnerable and make them dependent on foreign powers. Russians know these facts and their mentality very well, and they have used them as a tool to expand their influence in Caucasus.

Rapid Response Unit of Border Guards
size unknown , estimated few thousand
switched to multicam in 2011 but then switched to A-TACS camo in 2012
mainly use AK-74M with red dot sight and a grip

OvFd9hS.jpg

46ju1ne.png

jaNzZDt.png

PIQ6NsE.png

Last edited:
They are Migs of Russian base, not Armenia. Its clearly mentioned in the article, no? And there must be some kind of misunderstanding, they are not a new batch but aircrafts from the base that have been overhauled.

They are Migs of Russian base, not Armenia. Its clearly mentioned in the article, no? And there must be some kind of misunderstanding, they are not a new batch but aircrafts from the base that have been overhauled.
Buddy, What's the plan of Azerbaijan for buying new fighters? I heard something about buying Grippen a few weeks ago. Is anything finalized? Why don't buy some F-16 of block 60 as well? BTW, What about buying helicopters? can we buy some Apache from USA? I know that Armenian lobby is very strong here, but can we ask jews, who have a very good relations with Azerbaijan, to help us lobbying for buying US aircrafts, and helicopters?

Buddy, What's the plan of Azerbaijan for buying new fighters? I heard something about buying Grippen a few weeks ago. Is anything finalized? Why don't buy some F-16 of block 60 as well? BTW, What about buying helicopters? can we buy some Apache from USA? I know that Armenian lobby is very strong here, but can we ask jews, who have a very good relations with Azerbaijan, to help us lobbying for buying US aircrafts, and helicopters?

Gripens? you mean Eurofighter and Azerbaijan is looking towards T-129
while the current fleet of MI-24s is going through modernization
and Azerbaijan bought a total of 100+ helicopters in last few years

Gripens? you mean Eurofighter and Azerbaijan is looking towards T-129
while the current fleet of MI-24s is going through modernization
and Azerbaijan bought a total of 100+ helicopters in last few years
Sorry, yes, I meant Eurofighter. Do you know how many of them are ordered? BTW, why they don't buy american equipments? :undecided: US equipments have the best quality. For example, they have ordered many T-90s while it was much better to buy US Abrams, German Leopard or Israeli Merkava. and why not buying some apache helicopters? In the case of war with Armenia, Russians will stop providing spare parts, technical assistance, ... So, Azerbaijan cannot trust on them.:disagree: US equipments have better performance and are more reliable in the war.

Sorry, yes, I meant Eurofighter. Do you know how many of them are ordered? BTW, why they don't buy american equipments? :undecided: US equipments have the best quality. For example, they have ordered many T-90s while it was much better to buy US Abrams, German Leopard or Israeli Merkava. and why not buying some apache helicopters? In the case of war with Armenia, Russians will stop providing spare parts, technical assistance, ... So, Azerbaijan cannot trust on them.:disagree: US equipments have better performance and are more reliable in the war.

Eurofighter is probably in a tender for the Air Force

US doesnt sell weapons to Azerbaijan neither does Germany
Merkava doesnt fit Azerbaijan terrain
Azerbaijan put Namer on trial in Azerbaijan but didnt pass the requirements
I guess its best for Azerbaijan to wait for Turkish weapons like Altay
but they have to solve the engine problem as well

Back
Top Bottom