What's new

Azerbaijan Defence Programs & Military Development

@XTQ1999
Would a coin aircraft like Hurkus, A-29, or B-250 fit Azerbaijan's needs? Once air superiority is achieved and HIMAD SAM systems are taken out you can send this things in for CAS and ground attack because of their high flight altitude which is well out of range of 99% of infrared missiles that Armenia posses which are mostly older Soviet MANPADS with flight ceilings of 10-15 thousand feet. It would much cheaper to operate than the Su-25 and can achieve a similar role.

From Wikipedia the information I found stated that Armenia has these SAM systems.

S-300PM Soviet Union mobile SAM system- This could be a threat and should be a very high priority for Azerbaijan to take out immediately.
9K33 Osa Soviet Union mobile SAM system- This system reaches an altitude of about 39000 feet which is above the flight altitude of small turboprop attack aircraft like these.
S-75 Dvina Soviet Union mobile SAM system- This system should also be a high priority for Azerbaijan due to its long-range and coverage.
2K11 Krug Soviet Union mobile SAM system- This system is antiquated but could still be a pretty big threat for these aircraft.
S-125 Neva Russia mobile SAM system- This system could be a threat to aircraft because you have to remember in the Iraq war when it shot down a relatively advanced F-16 while being very old.
BUK-M2[25] Soviet Union mobile SAM system
Strela-10[26] Soviet Union mobile SAM system- Non-threat unless very low flying.
2K12 Kub Soviet Union mobile SAM system
Air Defence Artillery
ZSU-23-4 Soviet Union mobile- Non-threat due to low altitude engagement.

Personally I would say Azerbaijan will and should launch SOM missiles at strategic targets like SAM systems for instance.

I think Azerbaijan would go for the armed Hurkus because of their relationship with Turkey.
It isn't the best type of turboprop-coin aircraft on the market but I think it would work well for Azerbaijan.

There are other planes like the B-250 with a good amount more of hard points around the system and a bigger carrying capacity but as I said before Azerbaijan has a good relationship with Turkey.

From what I can count this airplane has 2 more hard points for weapons.

Su-25s are already cheap enough for Air Force not to bother with post soviet countries filled with spare parts, and nearly thousand Su-25s have been built in Georgia, only couple hundreds kms away from Azerbaijan. Acquiring such CAS aircraft would create a more logistical problem for the air force.

Su-25s are already cheap enough for Air Force not to bother with post soviet countries filled with spare parts, and nearly thousand Su-25s have been built in Georgia, only couple hundreds kms away from Azerbaijan. Acquiring such CAS aircraft would create a more logistical problem for the air force.
Aren't they going to be retired soon? I thought the airframes were pretty old by now.

Aren't they going to be retired soon? I thought the airframes were pretty old by now.

Su-25s will remain in service with post Soviet nations for quite some time, Azerbaijani Su-25s which are being equipped with Talisman protection suite, Aselsan avionics and targeting pod, NATO type laser guided munition will be the most advanced Su-25 in the sky.

71b05ce28dab3e90fdb0e6978d8e9af5.jpg.c702dc51e11786d1a7fb33a45ccf16b2.jpg

TRG230 was designed as a guided missile from beginning. It is not a conversion kit.

TRG230 was designed as a guided missile from beginning. It is not a conversion kit.
I know m8 but I'm just saying is Roketsan doing any unique projects unlike any one else?

As you can see, there is a whole lot on the market so exports are hard to come by when many options are out there.

JDAM

Spice (munition)

The HGK guidance kit (HGK), Turkish: Hassas Güdüm Kiti / Precision Guidance Kit)
Armement Air-Sol Modulaire (AASM)[38][39]

Paveway IV is a dual mode GPS/INS and laser-guided

Denel Dynamics Umbani a precision-guided

DRDO Smart Anti-Airfield Weapon

they are working on sub launched SSM, the missile would travel in sea like a torpedo very long distance and pop up somewhere on surface so enemy cant spot sub easily. enemy would look for sub at somewhere else.

2,75" Cirit was also unique 10 years ago, it is the first 2,75" laser guided missile in west(dont know east)

they are working on sub launched SSM, the missile would travel in sea like a torpedo very long distance and pop up somewhere on surface so enemy cant spot sub easily. enemy would look for sub at somewhere else.

2,75" Cirit was also unique 10 years ago, it is the first 2,75" laser guided missile in west(dont know east)
azarbaijan is working on that??

Back
Top Bottom