What's new

Azerbaijan Defence Programs & Military Development

Turkish Soldiers in Azerbaijan for Joint Exercise - Equipment Familiarization

Firtina NG - Army is currently working on resuming the former Firtina deal for 36 units with Firtina NG, and further down working towards completely replacing more than 150 Soviet SPHs.

FIRTINA NG (NEW GENARATION).jpg

Attachments

• bmc_kirpi_mrap.jpeg
    bmc_kirpi_mrap.jpeg
    547.3 KB · Views: 33
Great thread, good going to the Azeri bros.

Bro, I recommend that you consider the OPSec rule for your personnel safety. You can cover their faces before adding.

these photos are from MoD directly, if they don't cover their faces, then there is no need.

Ceska Zbrojovka is currently studying the possibility of opening production facility in Azerbaijan for both domestic and regional demand, this potentially marks 4th foreign defense company establishing production in Azerbaijan.

z4lAEZQuYetj9JIysJQtpg1sjvIo0dYvbyMkifXbZN8.jpg

@XTQ1999
Would a coin aircraft like Hurkus, A-29, or B-250 fit Azerbaijan's needs? Once air superiority is achieved and HIMAD SAM systems are taken out you can send this things in for CAS and ground attack because of their high flight altitude which is well out of range of 99% of infrared missiles that Armenia posses which are mostly older Soviet MANPADS with flight ceilings of 10-15 thousand feet. It would much cheaper to operate than the Su-25 and can achieve a similar role.

From Wikipedia the information I found stated that Armenia has these SAM systems.

S-300PM Soviet Union mobile SAM system- This could be a threat and should be a very high priority for Azerbaijan to take out immediately.
9K33 Osa Soviet Union mobile SAM system- This system reaches an altitude of about 39000 feet which is above the flight altitude of small turboprop attack aircraft like these.
S-75 Dvina Soviet Union mobile SAM system- This system should also be a high priority for Azerbaijan due to its long-range and coverage.
2K11 Krug Soviet Union mobile SAM system- This system is antiquated but could still be a pretty big threat for these aircraft.
S-125 Neva Russia mobile SAM system- This system could be a threat to aircraft because you have to remember in the Iraq war when it shot down a relatively advanced F-16 while being very old.
BUK-M2[25] Soviet Union mobile SAM system
Strela-10[26] Soviet Union mobile SAM system- Non-threat unless very low flying.
2K12 Kub Soviet Union mobile SAM system
Air Defence Artillery
ZSU-23-4 Soviet Union mobile- Non-threat due to low altitude engagement.

Personally I would say Azerbaijan will and should launch SOM missiles at strategic targets like SAM systems for instance.

I think Azerbaijan would go for the armed Hurkus because of their relationship with Turkey.
It isn't the best type of turboprop-coin aircraft on the market but I think it would work well for Azerbaijan.

There are other planes like the B-250 with a good amount more of hard points around the system and a bigger carrying capacity but as I said before Azerbaijan has a good relationship with Turkey.

From what I can count this airplane has 2 more hard points for weapons.

Any source on the LTR-25?

it was mentioned by Air Force Colonel during an interview, at 10:05, probably won't understand, but you can hear him mention Lanza

[/QUOTE]
amazing information by him,

he says in latest training with Turkey, Turkey especially asked to test their f16 with Azerbaijani s300.
He said even though Turkey had special system in their f16, s300 could lock in in long distances every single time. He also said that Turkey said many thanks for the test and commented that they learned a lot from this test.

Back
Top Bottom