What's new

Azerbaijan Defence Programs & Military Development

Actually across all branches Azerbaijan has 100+ Mi-17s, around 20 of them have been upgraded by Israel with a FLIR and Lahat missiles to provide direct fire support for special forces, Azerbaijani attack helicopters are also receiving Spike ER and NLOS, we are also working on integrating those missiles on future attack helicopter Ka-52.

View attachment 553767
View attachment 553768
I guess Israeli weapons trump South African ones but one can try. Do you personally think if South Africa made the Rooivalk Mk 2 Azerbaijan would purchase it, or are they going for the T129?

And, how will you counter the Armenian Su-30s? Personally I think a SAM like the Umkhonto from South Africa would help considering its IR and not Radar guided and if you could get TOT that would be better.

Also, do you know if this deal amounted to anything? http://today.az/view.php?id=87609

I guess Israeli weapons trump South African ones but one can try. Do you personally think if South Africa made the Rooivalk Mk 2 Azerbaijan would purchase it, or are they going for the T129?

that would depend how capable Rooivalk MK2 is, Air Force tested T-129 and found it to be not that capable for its price tag and decided to go for Ka-52, Azerbaijan is currently working on large deals with Russia.

And, how will you counter the Armenian Su-30s? Personally I think a SAM like the Umkhonto from South Africa would help considering its IR and not Radar guided and if you could get TOT that would be better.

Multiple ways to counter Su-30s, make use of existing air defense network, Azerbaijan already has the most advanced AD network in the region, until Turkey receives S-400.

Air Force is going for 24 to 48 JF-17 Block 2+, which will be armed with the latest PL-15 AESA guided BVR missile, additionally they will also be armed with Turkish SOM cruise missile, and can take out bases where the fighters are stationed.

D1p7FoGU4AAirzQ.jpg

Lastly, Army itself can take out air bases stationed in Armenia with different long range MLRS. Polonez M (300kms), Extra (150kms) , Lora short range ballistic missile (430kms) and TR-300 (120kms).

45bf3485aa25cd49a3400df4c9007083.jpg

Does anyone know if Azerbaijan is getting new 8x8s anytime soon? BTR-80s have pretty inadequate protection but I'm not sure if Azerbaijan needs amphibious capabilities. I think Azerbaijan could do it themselves considering Jordan a relatively small country with relatively short experience has.

gfdhrtjhredgserhytrjgrfh-png.553161

dfhdfhfggdfgw-png.553162

Does anyone know if Azerbaijan is getting new 8x8s anytime soon? BTR-80s have pretty inadequate protection but I'm not sure if Azerbaijan needs amphibious capabilities. I think Azerbaijan could do it themselves considering Jordan a relatively small country with relatively short experience has.

gfdhrtjhredgserhytrjgrfh-png.553161

dfhdfhfggdfgw-png.553162

Azerbaijan purchased 230 BTR-82As, Army won't be getting any new 8x8 vehicles for awhile

@XTQ1999 I don't follow Azerbaijan defense news so sorry for asking so many questions and spamming this forum but, what are upcoming projects in the defense industry of Azerbaijan summarized?

And, does Azerbaijan have a need for CAS Tucano type aircraft?

I don't follow Azerbaijan defense news so sorry for asking so many questions and spamming this forum but, what are upcoming projects in the defense industry of Azerbaijan summarized?

main projects are focusing on UAVs, production of all types of UAVs with Israeli help, including kamikaze, combat and MALE UAVs.

And, does Azerbaijan have a need for CAS Tucano type aircraft?

Azerbaijan has between 40 to 50 Su-25 CAS aircraft, the age of CAS is over IMO, neither Su-25 or A-10 can operate in an environment with even light air cover. So Azerbaijan is equipping Su-25 with targeting pods, EW protection suite and long range guided bombs. Similar to how USAF now utilizes A-10s.

aselpod.jpg

you guys need more SOM missiles.
Agreed, as well as ship(?), and surface launched cruise missiles of other types besides SOM. Ukraine could potentially be a seller for their newer missiles that are in development. In case of a war 100s should be launched at Armenian air bases, garrisons, and strategic targets.

Ukrainian cruise and Ballistic missiles developed with Saudi funding.
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=7&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=2ahUKEwjxlvnss9XhAhWRjlkKHVMgBHkQFjAGegQIABAB&url=https://www.unian.info/politics/2336828-ukraine-to-develop-new-ground-launched-cruise-missile-media.html&usg=AOvVaw3hUn4ClBdNut8CDwiDs4Dd

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hrim-2_(missile_system)

Back
Top Bottom