What's new

Australians Were Scared To Sledge Virat Kohli & Co. Due To Fear Of Losing IPL Contracts: Michael Cla

Shahzaz ud din

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Australians Were Scared To Sledge Virat Kohli & Co. Due To Fear Of Losing IPL Contracts: Michael Clarke
''The Australians have always been known for their aggression but it wasn't the case when they played India''.
By Arsalan Khattak Last updated Apr 7, 2020
F17E2E41-B439-4CA1-AB78-588E04C09B39.jpeg

When it comes to providing cricketers with the opportunity to earn big money, the Indian Premier League (IPL) is ahead of all other franchise-based T20I leagues.
Former Australian captain Michael Clarke has made some shocking revelations regarding the change of attitude in Australian cricketers towards Virat Kohli and Co. due to the fear of losing their big IPL contracts.

The Australians have always been known for their aggression but it wasn’t the case when they played India, according to Michael Clarke. He said that the Aussies were scared to sledge Virat Kohli.

Mar 29, 2020
“I feel that Australian cricket, and probably every other team over a little period, went the opposite and actually sucked up to India. They were too scared to sledge Kohli or the other Indian players because they had to play with them in April,” Michael Clarke said.

“The players were like: ‘I’m not going to sledge Kohli, I want him to pick me for Bangalore so I can make my USD 1 million for my six weeks,” the World Cup winning Australian skipper added.

“Everybody knows how powerful India are in regards to the financial part of the game, internationally or domestically with the IPL,” he continued.

Australian cricketers have always attracted the biggest prices during IPL auctions. The IPL 2020 auction saw Australia’s Pat Cummins emerge as the costliest overseas buy.

The Kolkata Knight Riders picked him for INR 15.5 crore, while Glenn Maxwell joined Kings XI Punjab for INR 10.75 crore.

What are your views on this? Share in the comments bar below.

See the Amazon Prime series "The Test" about the rebuilding that was taking place in the Aussie cricket team during that period.

They actually had a strategy in place under Langer not to sledge Kohli as he performs better then. But said "Banter, don't abuse". Great series. He really wanted to change the image and attitude of the Aussie team after the cheating episode.

See the Amazon Prime series "The Test" about the rebuilding that was taking place in the Aussie cricket team during that period.

They actually had a strategy in place under Langer not to sledge Kohli as he performs better then. But said "Banter, don't abuse". Great series. He really wanted to change the image and attitude of the Aussie team after the cheating episode.

Australia just hasn't been the same team though, ever since they stopped/reduced sledging.

Australia just hasn't been the same team though, ever since they stopped/reduced sledging.
You need quality players too. They sledged in the 80s too but was still not a great team just a gold one. Very rare to have so many greats in one team - Hayden, Langer, Ponting, McGrath, Warne, Gilchrist. Now probably only Steve Smith falls in that category.

the reason why kohli is such a great batsmen today is because he has no challenge. All the bowlers today are just mediocre. He would have been an average batsmen in 1990s an era that was dominated by fast bowlers.

Back
Top Bottom