What's new

IPL shut out of Pakistan cricketers due to BCCI: Lalit Modi

How is he begging?
He is just giving his own opinion... Why the heck would he want to play for IPL when he just received a massive contract from Bangladesh?

Last edited by a moderator:
How is he begging?
He is just giving his own opinion... Why the heck would he want to play for IPL when he just received a massive contract from Bangladesh?

Urging Indian board to allow him & other Pakistani players to play after being refused flatly..hmmm.. doesnt sound like opinionating to me ;)

Urging Indian board to allow him & other Pakistani players to play after being refused flatly..hmmm.. doesnt sound like opinionating to me ;)

If you watch the whole thing, they say that relations between Pakistan and India can improve like that...
Anyways, good decision by BCCI.

When you beat australia in australia and england in england then talk to us . It is not something easy to do . India is goin through a bad phase i agree , but just like before it will pass.

And please we dont need to impress anyone , facts speak for themselves . Indian did win the 2011 world cup and that too by defeating some of the best teams in the world including yours . Remember the prEssure was always on india since we were playing on the home ground .

Well we toured England last year and guess what? We managed to win 1 test match and gave England a run for their money in other 2 matches. Also we managed to draw a test series against Australia in England the same year. You might wanna check it on cricinfo :P

If you watch the whole thing, they say that relations between Pakistan and India can improve like that...
Anyways, good decision by BCCI.

Yeah, he had to make it sound unselfish ;)

IPL 2 auctions were rigged in favour of Chennai Super Kings: Lalit Modi

NEW DELHI: Indian cricket's public image seems to be in a freefall with on-field losses, sponsor pullouts and broadcasting woes all conspiring to raise fears of the sport's terminal decline.

Another round of murky allegations and denials were sparked off on Tuesday by former Indian Premier League (IPL) commissioner Lalit Modi, who told a TV channel that the 2009 IPL auctions were rigged to enable Chennai Super Kings (CSK) to retain England all-rounder Andrew Flintoff.

Modi's statements seemed to lend credence to Sahara boss Subrata Roy's claim that the IPL lacked a level-playing field and rules were tweaked to favour influential teams.

Roy's group recently pulled out of sponsoring the Indian cricket team and also withdrew from the IPL, in which it owned a team, following "long-term" differences with the BCCI over the IPL.

CSK, incidentally, is owned by Indian cricket board (BCCI) president N Srinivasan, who was quick to deny Modi's allegations.

Modi, who was in charge of the IPL then, told a TV channel, "The Flintoff auction was rigged. All players were supposed to go back to the auction after the first three years but that did not happen. I was arm-twisted into allowing Flintoff to stay with the Chennai team. The retention clause was not my idea. I had created a level playing field. Modi also said he shared part of the blame. I'm to blame for that. It's a fact. Similar problem happened with the Pakistani players. Arm-twisting happened by senior BCCI officials that nobody should pick them. The onus was on me and as chairman I should have not allowed that to happen then."

Modi added: "The rules have been changed to favour some powerful BCCI members. If you tweak the model along the way it's going to fail. There is no level playing field in the IPL today. There is a lack of transparency now. Many wanted to be part of the game after it became a success."

Board president Srinivasan, who was BCCI secretary at that time, told news agencies there was "absolutely no truth" to Modi's claims.

"All I can say is that there is absolutely no substance or truth in what he is saying. If he is talking about 2009 why is he saying all this in 2012."

Modi also suggested that Mumbai Indians was the other team for which rules had been tweaked and added that Sahara's pullout both from the national team's sponsorship and from the IPL would cost the BCCI Rs 10,000 crore. He said Pune Warriors' withdrawal was evidence the IPL business model would not work.

"This model will not work. You have to keep the players in mind. There are things being done by the BCCI that in the long run will hurt Indian cricket."
IPL 2 auctions were rigged in favour of Chennai Super Kings: Lalit Modi - The Times of India

Ab hum football par concentrate karenge :D

BCCI only cares about money bcci is ***** if she gets money as simple as that and you see keep running for money indian cricketers and bcci what happeing to them

Well we toured England last year and guess what? We managed to win 1 test match and gave England a run for their money in other 2 matches. Also we managed to draw a test series against Australia in England the same year. You might wanna check it on cricinfo :P

Similarly, barring the last two disasterous series, check out India's record too. We all but won the previous test series in australia, south africa and did win in england. Infact the last test series loss for India before the last england series was in 2007.

Before promoting IPL bhartis organised attack on Srilankan team in Lahore.

Bhartis quit playing Pakistan when we had Wasim and Waqar.

Bhartis framed Amir and Asif just to record a win against B team.

After the experience with Lahore Badsh, they would never allow them back.

I hope after so much humiliation Pakistani players won't mind to play in next season.I just read somewhere that Azhar Mahmood just
settled down in Britain to just participate in IPL

hahahahahhah amolthebest go and get some info before postng here ipl started in 2008 and azhar was living in uk from 2004 before 4 years and nobody knowed at that time such thing like ipl go and he is making enough money in english curcuits dont need indian rupess ( app log sari umar pesa pesa karta ho hum bi karta han lakin itna jitni zaroorat ho example is sachin only go for individual record not a settisfying when end up loosing)

hahahahahhah amolthebest go and get some info before postng here ipl started in 2008 and azhar was living in uk from 2004 before 4 years and nobody knowed at that time such thing like ipl go and he is making enough money in english curcuits dont need indian rupess ( app log sari umar pesa pesa karta ho hum bi karta han lakin itna jitni zaroorat ho example is sachin only go for individual record not a settisfying when end up loosing)

The point is he wanted to be part of IPL but he didn't get any taker.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom