What's new

Australia actually declares ‘war’ on cats, plans to kill 2 million by 2020

I hate cats because they steal our food especially non-veg items. :mad:

People just shut the F up . World is meant for everyone to co-exsist and live peacefully . I have a problem with my western neighbours can I shoot them so that there is no trouble ?

It will be batter to hire some DOG marcenary............................:taz::sniper:
ArmyDog.jpg
army-dog-funny-picture.jpg
original.jpg
bak-the-sniper.png

All of you should stop making suggestions w.r.t your personal choice/experience. It's not a dog vs. cat problem but man vs. animilia. I like cats and dogs too, not a lover but I absolutely got nothing against dogs. Both are part of the ecosystem ( and for a reason ) which we are destroying very brutally. The increase in cat numbers is due to natural imbalance and same case could occur involving dogs too anywhere.

What would you suggest then?

Since most people posts above are from India, let me give you an example from India where Cats ( pardus, tigris ) and Dogs ( Dhole ) both have killed people, not for fun but due to encroachment, human interference they face the threat of extinction.

Aussies really messed up and should tackle the problem even if killing is inevitable. It's harsh thing to say but eminent and if they don't, then nature will do the cleaning itself which maybe more nasty.

And stop the Cat vs. Dog bulls***

Most pet cats can't hunt mice. That's a trait for it's wilder siblings.

Our one is about 1 year old and it came as a 2 month old kitten. Grew without mother very spoiled/pampered and yet it's the best hunter domestic cat I've ever seen. Can jump around 5-6 feet high despite being of ordinary size and can catch lizards walking on walls. 3 days ago, went out twice and brought 2 mouse kills and a lizard inbetween them. It wouldn't even come near you if you make it clear to him.

can anything be as majestic as a Siberian husky?

Siberian_Husky_with_Blue_Eyes.jpg

3 (3).jpg

Those who are supporting and involved in this heinous crime of killing the most beautiful animal of the world should be burn to death.

1000+ :tup:

nepoleon meow declares war for survival
View attachment 238356

and he is joined by chairman meow...

chairman_meow_blog.gif

Cat parasite linked to mental illness, schizophrenia

Everyone loves cuddling with kittens. But there can be a little-known danger lurking behind that furry little face and that innocent-sounding meow: a parasite called Toxoplasma gondii (T. gondii).

T. gondii is the most common parasite in developed nations, according toSchizophrenia Bulletin. The cat-carried parasite can infect any warm-blooded species, and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention estimates more than 60 million people in the U.S. may have it.

Most people never suffer any symptoms at all. But in those with weaker immune systems, infection with T. gondii can cause an illness called toxoplasmosis, which can result in miscarriages, fetal development disorders, weeks of flu-like illness, blindness and even death. It has also been associated with mental disorders including schizophrenia and bipolar disorder. Now two more studies explore the mental health issues in greater detail.

E. Fuller Torrey of the Stanley Medical Research Institute and Dr. Robert H. Yolken of Stanley Laboratory of Developmental Neurovirology at the Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine have been studying the link between infection with T. gondii and schizophrenia for close to three decades.

Their most recent study, published in Schizophrenia Research, along with researcher Wendy Simmons, compared two previous studies that found a link between childhood cat ownership and the development of schizophrenia later in life with an unpublished survey on mental health from 1982, 10 years before anydata on cat ownership and mental illness had been published. Results of the analysis indicated that cat exposure in childhood may be a risk factor for developing mental disorders.

"Cat ownership in childhood has now been reported in three studies to be significantly more common in families in which the child is later diagnosed with schizophrenia or another serious mental illness," the authors reported

In a second recent study, A.L. Sutterland from the Department of Psychiatry at the Academic Medical Centre in Amsterdam and colleagues analyzed the findings of 50 published studies to confirm that T. gondii infection is associated with mental disorders. The research was published in the journal Acta Psychiatrica Scandinavica.

Results showed that an individual infected with T. gondii was almost twice as likely to develop schizophrenia. They also found an association with addiction and obsessive-compulsive disorder, but say that the findings should be approached with caution.

"In schizophrenia, the evidence of an association with T. gondii is overwhelming," the authors say in a press release. "These findings may give further clues about how T. gondii infection can possibly [alter] the risk of specific psychiatric disorders."

The Humane Society estimates there are 75 to 80 million pet cats and another 30 to 40 million stray or feral cats roaming the United States. Outdoor cats have an increased likelihood of infection with T. gondii. Cats excrete millions of infected eggs, or oocysts, in their feces, which can remain in soil or water for years.

Fortunately, there are precautions that cat lovers can take -- you don't have to limit your feline contact to watching cat videos on YouTube.

"Children can be protected by keeping their cat exclusively indoors and always covering the sandbox when not in use," Torrey told CBS News in an email. The CDC also recommends changing the cat's litter box daily, since T. gondii does not become infectious until 1 to 5 days after it is shed in feces. In addition, avoid feeding cats raw or undercooked meat.

Because toxoplasmosis is especially hazardous to unborn babies, health officials recommend that pregnant women avoid cleaning litter boxes, if possible, or wear disposable gloves and wash hands thoroughly with soap and water afterwards.

Cat parasite Toxoplasma gondii linked to mental illness, schizophrenia - CBS News

yeah, prophet muhammad, lenin, muammar gaddafi and myself were/are all infected by this parasite and therefore schizophrenic, which is why we think and act differently.

you said it !! :tup:

Children can be protected by keeping their cat exclusively indoors

that is cruel... cats are free creatures... they must come and go as they please... they are not toys but teachers to humankind.

I already mentioned, cats are useless creatures. They do not have a conscience.

if there is a creature on this world that can be described as alien, it is the cat... and for beautiful reasons... they are kind, caring, subtle, gentle, supremely intelligent and very brave... they are teachers to humankind.

i place the cat in the number one slot in the list of intelligent creatures on this world, along with a few humans.

as for conscience, refer the vid i posted earlier of a cat protecting a boy from a dog attack.

This a heart warming video.

a cat welcoming a soldier home...

(((
)))

yeah, prophet muhammad, lenin, muammar gaddafi and myself were/are all infected by this parasite and therefore schizophrenic, which is why we think and act differently.

you said it !! :tup:

that is cruel... cats are free creatures... they must come and go as they please... they are not toys but teachers to humankind.

Me too :cheers: I have 3 in home now + 2 guest, with many more in the past.

But it may be not me typing but cat is controlling me. I feel strong attraction to them. It may be T Gondii effect :o:

Most pet cats can't hunt mice. That's a trait for it's wilder siblings.

I'd disagree. I knew a woman who lived on the ground floor and had a cat that was used to going in and out of the appartment through the open windows. Supposedly the cat dragged in a few mice (some live!) as a token of gratitude.

-------------------------------

on topic: in my neighborhood, the stray cats are being fed with the best catfood available by well-off grannies who have nothing else to do in life. Many are pitch black and is quite a pretty sight when you see a pack of like 10+ all with glossy, shiny fur. When the sun shines on them the fur.... like sparkles purple....no joke!

Cats freak me out man.

well, cats are brave and sometimes foolish...

cat vs crocodie...

(((
)))

(((
)))

cat vs dog/snake... notice how the cat protects the baby cat from the dog and the bulge in the snake's tummy...

I don't believe any cat lover, cats cause the most environment damage in the world, they destroy all native animals, they kill and butcher for fun. Please stop spinning lies about dogs,

prove my vids are lies.

bangalore city in india is the "dog capital of the world" and dog attacks have been countless, like ( Dog menace returns to haunt Bangalore | Latest News & Updates at Daily News & Analysis ).

bangalore's newly rich software engineer and mba type idiots are being allowed to take the filthy dog to restaurants ( 13 Pet-Friendly Restaurants in Bangalore ) despite dogs killing people... many many cases where gangs of five to eight dogs have attacked 4-year-old kids and dragged them to another street and torn and bitten them to death... the filth... the filth.

some people in russia are taking direct action against dogs ( TASS Russia News Agency )... salute !!

some people in bangalore too are working to remove dogs ( Make Bangalore stray dog free | Facebook ).

i have visited bangalore many times and each time am absolutely disgusted to see dogs everywhere... they must be eradicated.

watch my two previous vids again, please.

cats are shameful creatures, they serve no purpose. At least dogs protect humans and babies,

dogs kill humans, including babies...

Dog Kills Baby

cats help human babies to grow into gentle and sensible beings...

(((
)))

cats are the most friendly creatures...

a cat friends with a owl...

(((
)))

cats being friendly with dolphins...

(((
)))

from ( The Blue Talkz...: The Cat & The Dolphin )...

Cat_Kissing_Dolphin.jpg

what do cats do? I tell you what they do, they look useless, big balls of fur that should be wiped out.

define "useless".

Is this really necessary?

the impending massacre, you mean??

Me too :cheers: I have 3 in home now + 2 guest, with many more in the past.

in soviet russia, cat chooses you.

I hate cats because they steal our food especially non-veg items. :mad:

they don't steal, they take... for me, they are the closest to holy creature.

@jamahir thanks for the videos. I thought my favorite cat of 8 months is acting weird. Which I rescued from my side of home. It has some identical features of Bengal tiger. With no mother, it has grown in my home maybe from 15 days age.

He sleeps all day home. But when it goes out it comes back with mice, lizard, bird, chicks, frog even it came up with non poisonous small snake. Lol

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom