What's new

At last Pakistan is getting J-10

the J-10 in pictures provided by MOO is not true. it is just a wooden model displayed in an aircraft carrier attracting tourists.

i have many pictures of real J-10, but could not be upload due to excess size.

melb4aust said:
Tell me, is J-10 fully operational right now in chinese airforce, if not then whats the status?

operational?, yes. But not full.

J-10 has yet not been fully disclosed in china, even the sizes and weight.

let me know what information you are interested, i will check them with my friends in china airforce and institute, and try to answer you if the informatin is not secret.

jiangxueen2k said:
operational?, yes. But not full.

J-10 has yet not been fully disclosed in china, even the sizes and weight.

let me know what information you are interested, i will check them with my friends in china airforce and institute, and try to answer you if the informatin is not secret.

yeah thats what i was wondering, it still hasnt got an operational status yet. I think they still needs few evaluations and improvements means still working on it (may be few more tests) thats why its getting a bit delayed.

I will surely ask you if i need any info regarding to J-10 or perhaps on some other areas as well. thanx:thumbsup:

Mel.
Does the J10 have CFT or any plans for it? I ask this because it could possibly free up more stations for missiles.
Wa Salam
Araz

araz said:
Does the J10 have CFT or any plans for it? I ask this because it could possibly free up more stations for missiles.
Wa Salam
Araz

So far they havn't got them, atleast i havnt heard about them on J-10. There are few aircrafts in world which have got them, Like F-15, F-16, typhoon, Grippen, Raphael etc. It depends what kind of mission ur after. They can reduce aircraft's speed and reduce the maneouverability as well. Also Keep that in mind when CFTs are empty the aircraft continues to suffer from the aerodynamic penalties with no benefit. You cant drop them like "Drop tanks".

araz said:
Mel.
Wa Salam
Araz

tell me what the CFT means and the details of the plan you are interested.

my friends in chengdu do not know if it is true that J-10 would be sold abroad. but they said it may be possible. J-10 is very expensive. Althrough china airforce wants but can not afford to purchase more as PLAA in recent years plans to purchase su-30MKK2 from russia, J-11 (china version su-27, russia engines have been ordered), JH-7A as well as china made advanced air-air missles PL12. PLAA lacks money.

i am surprised at the info as my friends in PLAA told me they wanted J-10 very much. i asked the classmates in shanghai. news is because of taiwan issues and china east sea issues with us and japan, PLA has to strengthern the power of its navy. more warships and sub-marines are under construction. to complete the first aircraft carrier (renovated on basis russia's wayage) including weapons and crafts needs about $3 billion. the 2nd chinese made carrier in aslo in the plan, the total investment for it is about $9 billion.

in view of the above, 611 may be permitted by government to sell J-10 abroad. after all, the engine ws-10a quality has not fully been proved reliable and mass produced.

jiangxueen2k said:

CFT means Conformal fuel tanks, they actually carry fuel for the aircraft. Normally PAF and other airforces uses "drop tanks" they also carry fuel, but they can be dropped during flight. But in case of onformal fuel tanks, the aircraft has to be stationed at the airbase to remove them manually. The benefit with CFT is that you get more hard points to carry missiles on aircrafts, while the drop tanks use hard points to stick them with the aircraft

melb4aust said:
CFT means Conformal fuel tanks, they actually carry fuel for the aircraft. Normally PAF and other airforces uses "drop tanks" they also carry fuel, but they can be dropped during flight. But in case of onformal fuel tanks, the aircraft has to be stationed at the airbase to remove them manually. The benefit with CFT is that you get more hard points to carry missiles on aircrafts, while the drop tanks use hard points to stick them with the aircraft

thanks a lot.

J-10 does not has them.

jiangxueen2k said:

Jiangxueen.
CFT means Conformal Fuel Tanks. These are additional tanks put on the side of planes. They cannot be dropped once empty. One of the concerns about them is their impact onthe planes aerodynamics.Block 52 F16 have them. The reason for having them is the increase in range that they provide. The reason for my question was that a plane like J10 with 11 hardpoints would be better served with an increase in range without utilizing additional hardpoints for fuel tanks. Although the idea is relatively new, it can be utilized on other planes . It would mean new "plumbing" but is a relatively minor issue in planes that are still evolving, like J10 and Thunder. However, somebody in the know would surely enlighten us with the benefit vs limitations debate. I hope my post is helpful.
Araz

CFT comes with limitations on aerodynamics and performance of the jet but air refuelling capability is the answer to this problem.
PAF is looking into this for future requirements.

It adds drag and increases RCS (f16). But sometimes two (wing) and one belly extra pylon can be used to transport more ordnance... And entering a WVR with ground ordnance sounds stupid anyway... BVR and run.

Has China already developped the stealth coating?
If applied to the J-10, it will reduce the RCS significantly..

Neo said:
Has China already developped the stealth coating?
If applied to the J-10, it will reduce the RCS significantly..

yes, china is developing the stealth coating and has been making the tests in several planes. as an important role in PLAA, i think the tests shall include J-10.

my pakistani friends, now many many chinese people are talking about the news of china exports of J-10 to pakistan.

there is much interesting info. everybody would like to know if it is true....

an article in an american airforce magine also posts the same news.

Back
Top Bottom