What's new

At last Pakistan is getting J-10

the landing j-10

Attachments

• J-10-33.JPG
    J-10-33.JPG
    37.8 KB · Views: 25
Neo said:
Has China already developped the stealth coating?
If applied to the J-10, it will reduce the RCS significantly..

What exactly that stealth coating is gonna do ?, Why not the whole stealthy plane itself?

the latest news from my friend in xi'an institute which i am sure it is ture, it is impossible for j-10 to be sold abroad before 2010.

MOO said:
if i remember correctly.... thats the mock up verison of j-10 in minsk world in the harbor of ShenZhen.....
btw: i went onto minsk when i was a kid(1999 i know nothing about military back then) is quite boring for me, the only thing that got me interested is those russian dancers, souvenir and movies.... lol

jiangxueen2k said:
the latest news from my friend in xi'an institute which i am sure it is ture, it is impossible for j-10 to be sold abroad before 2010.
j-14?? hell yea!!! stealth is must! to counter all the advance fighters.... (replace j-8)
j-10??? probably not..... its purpose is to replace j-6 and j-7 and serve as a multi-role fighter similar to f-16..... (with all the redesign works it will rise the price to much.... plus j-14 is well underway there really is no point)

jiangxueen2k said:
my pakistani friends, now many many chinese people are talking about the news of china exports of J-10 to pakistan.

there is much interesting info. everybody would like to know if it is true....

an article in an american airforce magine also posts the same news.

Pakistan has shown interest in buying 36 J-10 designated JF-20 as per PAF specifications worth $1.5 billion and that has already been reported in several western and local media.
Its not expected to be available before 2009.

If you find more news in Chinese media, please post it here...eh in English ofcourse. :angel:

melb4aust said:
What exactly that stealth coating is gonna do ?, Why not the whole stealthy plane itself?
Stealth coating is made ob absorbing materials reducing the RC Signature on the radar.
China hasn't mastered the stealth technology to buid jets yet but stealth coating can be applied on existing types.
IAF is even using the coating on its Mig-21bis!

master_fx said:
j-14?? hell yea!!! stealth is must! to counter all the advance fighters.... (replace j-8)
j-10??? probably not..... its purpose is to replace j-6 and j-7 and serve as a multi-role fighter similar to f-16..... (with all the redesign works it will rise the price to much.... plus j-14 is well underway there really is no point)

hehe, J-10 is not to replace J-6 and J-7. its fc-1's job. J-10 is to replace J-8II and probably su-27sk.

the order quantity for j-10 is more than su-27sk, and will be much more in next 5 years.

:P

Neo said:
Pakistan has shown interest in buying 36 J-10 designated JF-20 as per PAF specifications worth $1.5 billion and that has already been reported in several western and local media.
Its not expected to be available before 2009.

If you find more news in Chinese media, please post it here...eh in English ofcourse. :angel:

ok. :angel:

Neo said:
Stealth coating is made ob absorbing materials reducing the RC Signature on the radar.
China hasn't mastered the stealth technology to buid jets yet but stealth coating can be applied on existing types.
IAF is even using the coating on its Mig-21bis!

there are at least 5 new models of chinese stealth jets under research and pre-design by 601, 611 and another institute for PLAA's bid.

601 will post 2 heavy jets, and 611 2 (light or medium) jets. another one posts furture stealth bomber.

It will take a long time, probably another 6-8 years before one of the above is flown and another 10 to become operational.

I even doubt if Russian PAK-FA be flown anytime soon. :rolleyes:

jiangxueen2k said:
hehe, J-10 is not to replace J-6 and J-7. its fc-1's job. J-10 is to replace J-8II and probably su-27sk.

the order quantity for j-10 is more than su-27sk, and will be much more in next 5 years.

i dont think we will get that much j-10 because we already has 400 su-27, j-11, and su-30....... (max 280 j-10, each military region gets 40 j-10)

su-27sk will not replace j-8II because j-8 have much better electrionic suite then su-27SK (russian electrionic suks) and j-8II will like to serve PLA for at least another decade.......

fc-1 will probably not enter service with PLA........

master_fx said:
i dont think we will get that much j-10 because we already has 400 su-27, j-11, and su-30....... (max 280 j-10, each military region gets 40 j-10)

su-27sk will not replace j-8II because j-8 have much better electrionic suite then su-27SK (russian electrionic suks) and j-8II will like to serve PLA for at least another decade.......

Whats a point of building J-10 then, what i think you guyz are obviousely looking to replace some old fighter jets with them, plus they may built export versions of these aircrafts to sell them to other countries, as Pakistan is also getting few squadron of these fighter jets.

melb4aust said:
Whats a point of building J-10 then, what i think you guyz are obviousely looking to replace some old fighter jets with them, plus they may built export versions of these aircrafts to sell them to other countries, as Pakistan is also getting few squadron of these fighter jets.

Unlike the Su-27/30 China acquired, J-10 will be a chinese platform and will replace some early J-7's and J-8's, but its unlikely that it will be deployed in huge numbers.
Its mainly being developped for export.

master_fx said:

j-8ii of course will remain for a considerable long period. the main reasons are the cost difference between it and j-10 and that it is still in peace time, replacing all of the j-8ii is unnecessary.

among the latest models such j-8f, fc-1 and L-15, which one you consider will most possibly replace the mass out-of-date j-6 and j-7 in plaaf?

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom