What's new

Replacing the F-16: Will Pakistan’s Top Fighter Squadron Transition to Chinese J-10Cs?

Pakistan has pimped up, and modernized the JF17 so much, that other options, like the J-10C, seem to give diminishing returns. I think in case of Pakistan, JF17 block 3 with AESA, PL15s, with SAAB ERIEYEs and electronic warfare is good for another 15 years.

Pakistan can have multiple Jeffs for maritime role, ground attack, air superiority and what not. Where the hell does J-10C even fit in all this?

Pakistan should wait another few years, and straight up ask uncle Xi : "Gib 5 gen aircraft plis"

There is literally no sense in procuring a jet that is marginally better than the JF17 in Pakistani context.

Just like JF-17 is upgraded, J-10 can also be further upgraded. J-10CE may already be in service with PAF.

Pakistan has pimped up, and modernized the JF17 so much, that other options, like the J-10C, seem to give diminishing returns. I think in case of Pakistan, JF17 block 3 with AESA, PL15s, with SAAB ERIEYEs and electronic warfare is good for another 15 years.

Pakistan can have multiple Jeffs for maritime role, ground attack, air superiority and what not. Where the hell does J-10C even fit in all this?

Pakistan should wait another few years, and straight up ask uncle Xi : "Gib 5 gen aircraft plis"

There is literally no sense in procuring a jet that is marginally better than the JF17 in Pakistani context.
See at first glance it does seem that way. And I would agree with you if we were to only fight limited scope air battles. How ever it is when large scale air warfare comes into play is when J10s or F-16s really begin to show their value. In protracted conflict sortie duration and number of missiles matter. J-10/F-16 can carry more missiles for a given sortie duration without needing to refuel (air or otherwise) than JF-17. Getting J-10s means we can have more missiles in the air and for longer duration, and you need that when fighting a heavy adversary like India. Also this means that JF-17s can really begin to shine in their own place which is CAS after the initial CAPs and interceptions. We will need something to hit the ground targets in large numbers, having J-10s mean that more JF-17s can be dedicated for ground attack. JF-17 we can fight battles, J-10s/F-16s we can fight wars. If PAF does indeed end up inducting J-10s this will be a big sign that our doctrine is shifting from purely defensive to a mix of both, and this news will make our eastern neighbour soil their garments.

exactly...

Agree.. no doubt china will catch up in this area of gap... as China is progressing rapidly in all fields.. the problem is in the current.

1634818002660.png

See at first glance it does seem that way. And I would agree with you if we were to only fight limited scope air battles. How ever it is when large scale air warfare comes into play is when J10s or F-16s really begin to show their value. In protracted conflict sortie duration and number of missiles matter. J-10/F-16 can carry more missiles for a given sortie duration without needing to refuel (air or otherwise) than JF-17. Getting J-10s means we can have more missiles in the air and for longer duration, and you need that when fighting a heavy adversary like India. Also this means that JF-17s can really begin to shine in their own place which is CAS after the initial CAPs and interceptions. We will need something to hit the ground targets in large numbers, having J-10s mean that more JF-17s can be dedicated for ground attack. JF-17 we can fight battles, J-10s/F-16s we can fight wars. If PAF does indeed end up inducting J-10s this will be a big sign that our doctrine is shifting from purely defensive to a mix of both, and this news will make our eastern neighbour soil their garments.
Losses for which aircraft can be replaced during war - JF-17 ? J-10 ? F-16 ?

Chinese J-10C model spotted in Pakistan Air Force Chief's office. 2 squadrons of 36 J-10C/P are confirmed to enter service with PAF in 2022, according to sources.
1637003876991.png

Chinese J-10C model spotted in Pakistan Air Force Chief's office. 2 squadrons of 36 J-10C/P are confirmed to enter service with PAF in 2022, according to sources.
View attachment 793621
so what... i have a lavi model on my desk from a prior project. does it mean we got it? that over over 25yrs back!. :)

Too much of these sooth sayers are in the play especially at the other forum.. cannot believe how stupid people can be. If I read to you sindbad and keep saying flying carpets are real and they are being poc'd at PAF base which is an unknown location.... lol.. imagine... having a taliban on it with a .303. Real? Same photo if we can pan back out is a carpet... does it mean flying carpets are being inducted?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom