What's new

Asma Jahangir and Pervaiz Hoodbhoy with Suzain Rice

I think those working on design and fabrication of power plants are not people like you and me. They are professional and chosen ones. I am sure they consider every aspect of this business.
No, faceless, nameless,and credentialess internet warriors know better.

No, faceless, nameless,and credentialess internet warriors know better.

You are basically the same as A.Q. Khan, when you can't come up with anything logical, start cheap personal attacks.....

I've presented you with the facts above and this is how you respond....

Both of them never made any sense to me, jab bhi muh khola hai dono nay dil kiya hai chittar utar kay muh pay maro in kay. And I don't get it Hoodtoy a scientist why the heck he keeps analyzing things that don't pertain to his field.

And second thing that never made any sense to me such highly qualified individuals, why are they wasting their time in Pakistan? A country they complain a lot about? They can have better lives anywhere in world so what is making them stay here? Will love to see they stay here and don't run away like others.

Ok your point ?
Asma Jahangir is a brave woman, and much respected in India.

Mr. Hoodbhoy is a nuclear physicist. He came back to Pakistan to teach, not to conduct research and publish papers in Pakistan's non-existent R&D and academic environment.

Ok your point ?

The statement was made in reference to the disingenuous criticism of Mr. Hooddhoy that he has not published any research of note after moving to Pakistan. It's akin to accusing someone of being underweight in a country suffering from famine. Pakistanis should be glad that someone of Mr. Hoodbhoy's stature decided to devote his life to improving the quality of scientific education in his country, instead of making baseless attacks on him just because they don't agree with his political views.

The statement was made in reference to the disingenuous criticism of Mr. Hooddhoy that he has not published any research of note after moving to Pakistan. It's akin to accusing someone of being underweight in a country suffering from famine. Pakistanis should be glad that someone of Mr. Hoodbhoy's stature decided to devote his life to improving the quality of scientific education in his country, instead of making baseless attacks on him just because they don't agree with his political views.
Yes ! I agree with what you are saying.
Explain in the case of Miss Asama Jhangir.

Yes ! I agree with what you are saying.
Explain in the case of Miss Asama Jhangir.

Asma Jahangir is one of the foremost human rights activists of South Asia. She gained prominence due to her seminal works on women's rights and opposition to the Hudood Ordinance. Her books and articles are read in India primarily on these subjects - they help gain a better understanding about personal laws which is very important in India as well, because we ourselves have an ongoing debate about a Uniform Civil Code. It is a complex debate in which the view of a Pakistani expert who has had in-depth experience definitely helps. Her works are also of high academic quality. I think it is an inevitable fallout of her area of work that some of her views will be either anti-establishment, or against popular belief/notions. She is a brave woman who has spoken out on issues that other people would keep quite on.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom