What's new

Asia Cup 2008

i never hate team pakistan but my TV why i waste my time on this one side match

i never hate team pakistan but my TV why i waste my time on this one side match

I didn't get to watch the match; but I don't know if I'd call it a totally one sided affair if Pakistan managed to score 299 by only losing 4 wickets.

The Indian batsmen put up a massive display, but I don't think this sort of play can be the mainstay of their game in the long run.

This is what needs to be done.

Salman Butt
Kamran Akmal
Shoaib Malik
Younis Khan
M. Yousuf
Misbah
Shahid Afridi
Yasir Arafat (keep switching with Wahab, Sohail Khan, etc)
Sohail Tanvir
Umar Gul
Asif or (keep switching with the likes of Wahab, Sohail Khain, etc).

I believe this is the most realistic Pakistani side you can get. You cannot get Shoaib neither can you get the ICL players. So everyone just have to move on and live with it.

India-Pakistan rivalry not the same anymore
:undecided:

How bad does it feel when Pakistan lose to India? “Just as bad as losing to Scotland,” said a group of college-going youngsters, smiling wryly at what they clearly thought wasn’t a very bright question. “Where’s the time to feel too bad or hurt? We are too busy thinking about our careers …we watch cricket just for entertainment,” said Sheikh Ayaz, a business administration student from Baharia University, just opposite the National Stadium.

While there’s no denying that passions now don’t run as high as they used to, such indifference comes as surprise. Not long ago, cricketers and their families lived in fear of angry retributions from spectators if they lost to their old enemy. Incidentally, the situation wasn’t any different in India as well.

“Look, it’s not that we don’t care if we lose. We do feel bad, but it’s no longer a matter of life and death for us. We are now concerned about more important issues. Globalisation, means of communication and education have opened a window to the outside world and now we know how far ahead India and other countries have moved from us. It’s here that we want to catch up with you,”said Mazz, another student.

This moderation in outlook isn’t confined to the youth; elders too have mellowed, though not to the same extent. “The intensity has certainly gone down. Now it's not like the streets getting deserted and people staying glued to the television and swearing at each other,” said cricket chacha, that elderly Pakistani fan who often travels with the team.

“The frequent matches between the two sides and communication between people of both the countries has brought about this change,” he said.

This softening of stance in Pakistan is quite significant, as against that in India, for Pakistan have, of late, lost the edge that they used to enjoy over India in the past. Nevertheless, they have shown the gumption to take it sportingly.

India-Pakistan rivalry not the same anymore- Hindustan Times

^^^^I agree. I mean Pakistan-India matches were so hyped and full of emotions, its not the same anymore.

Bravo Team India............

No comparison of the team at all, Indian team far superior and stars like Sehvag, Gambhir, Raina, Dhoni and Youvaj, tooo good to be true, no comparison at all dear folks, Better team won and congrats India once again, i am personally a big fan of gambhir and raina

Regards

We need a player like Sehwag (Used to be Afridi). All the other guns we already have. The problem right now is the fitness of our bowlers. We need good bowling attack which has gone down hill with Shoaib, Asif, and now Umar.

We need a player like Sehwag (Used to be Afridi). All the other guns we already have. The problem right now is the fitness of our bowlers. We need good bowling attack which has gone down hill with Shoaib, Asif, and now Umar.

Afridi = Sehwag? Really?

Do we need another email like the one which Naseem Ashraf had send after loosing the league match against India at Dhaka?

Difference beteen Sehwag and Afridi is brain!

Sehwag is an improved version of Afridi.

Sehwag doesn't have a brain either. Just slightly understands the situation sometimes. We need Afridi replaced and get a perfect all-rounder.

There is a serious problem ahead of us we need to try youngsters more and more I thought the deficiency was in batting but now it seems to look like we also have problems in bowling.

I think we played well.

Too many injuries, not really anyone's fault.

And benching Shoaib Akhtar should really be reconsidered, especially since we have no strike bowler other than Umar Gul. There should be a big hunt for new fast bowlers.

I think we played well.

Too many injuries, not really anyone's fault.

And benching Shoaib Akhtar should really be reconsidered, especially since we have no strike bowler other than Umar Gul. There should be a big hunt for new fast bowlers.

Even India had a depleted team.

Sachin, Harbhajan, Sreesanth, Irfan Pathan, Zaheer Khan, all missing.

Though in India's case, the replacements seemed to perform better than the regulars, indicating that India has a sizeable crop of talent, which bodes well for future tournaments.

Back
Top Bottom