What's new

Ashura 2015 - Graphic images captured of Islamic ritual of self-flagellation

Well if that is condemned another thing to condemn is the bakra eid. An animal has its head cut off and we consider it a religious thing. I think there has to be some form of reformation in Islam. The loss of Ijtehad was attributed to the fall of muslims by Allama Iqbal. We lost our way somewhere so its clear we need reformation.

I am saying this because as a kid I have watched the grisly act of a cow or goat being slaughtered, a sharp razor run across its neck as it struggled violently. It gives the mesage that violence is a part of us.

So you haven't ever eaten a cow or a goat or even a chicken? Any sort of meat?

Ashura 2015 - Graphic images captured of Islamic ritual of self-flagellation | World | News | Daily Express

This ritual is held only in Pakistan, India and Iraq.

I'm against involving children and brainwashing them at early ages.
This is resulting in sick minded adults beyond repair and reasoning.
way better than putting on a suicide jacket and blowing up in some markets, they are not harming anyone nor forcing others to so, if they are okey with it I don't understand what ur problem is, don't like them don't watch them it is that simple:angel:

way better than putting on a suicide jacket and blowing up in some markets, they are not harming anyone nor forcing others to so, if they are okey with it I don't understand what ur problem is, don't like them don't watch them it is that simple:angel:

No..not any better both are equal in my gauge.
When Pakistan is fighting suicide bombers, we should also fight this open fanaticism, disturbing the non believers.

Since when did religion care about logic ?

That is one twisted logic you got there. I will give you a logic of similar overtone to support this act.

Maybe Allah wanted muslims to empathise with those animals being butchered during eid to understand both end of the spectrum. I mean not just the consequence of the life being taken but the process itself.
that logic was meant for that specific person.
the real spirit of Eid Ul Adha is that we should be ready to sacrifice anything for Allah when required, just like Ibrahim (A.S) was ready to sacrifice his son at Allah's command

Is putting a suicide jacket on the only alternative to that? What stupid logic.

Well I agree with some of your points here. But I personally do not think kids or even adults with faint hearts should watch the process of the sacrifice personally. One good thing we now have is outsourcing-so we get away with telling our relatives in Pakistan to get the qurbani done on our behalf. This is what we do.

The poor get meat-that is something good which is why I am not exactly against the concept. An farm animal is bound to be cut and eaten some day. I don't think the intricate process is something for people to witness though.

Also do note that animals are not allowed to be hunted for sport and animals cut up on eid will go straight to jannah so our religion has a kind of animal rights code too. It doesn't mean slaughter the animal without thinking of the pain-something people who argue they would like to do the qurbani themselves should think about as they are not professionals and don't know how to make the experience as painless for the animal as possible.

Again I reiterate the same thing-kids and faint hearted people should not be made to watch the qurbani.
Yes that i can agree with. Children shouldn't be coerced into watching, but this lies entirely upto people who call themselves parents. But, the rationale behind watching is to overcome all sorts of fears so that people themselves can kill/slaughter animals on their own--------Which if one considers for a sec makes sense, but then again this is entirely a personal matter, no one can force any one to watch.

I wonder when we will undergo the period of enlightenment..... I mean we are hundreds of years behind others.
Hope you get enlightenment and learn the history of whats going on and the main cause root of it.

No..not any better both are equal in my gauge.
When Pakistan is fighting suicide bombers, we should also fight this open fanaticism, disturbing the non believers.
do u understand how stupid u sound?, so a terrorist blowing up and killing innocent is same as one wounding himself without harming others? dude u have taken this sectarian bias and hatred to a whole new level, its ur kind and ur line of thinking that poses the gravest threat to Pakistan not India or Israel.

Well if that is condemned another thing to condemn is the bakra eid. An animal has its head cut off and we consider it a religious thing. I think there has to be some form of reformation in Islam. The loss of Ijtehad was attributed to the fall of muslims by Allama Iqbal. We lost our way somewhere so its clear we need reformation.

I am saying this because as a kid I have watched the grisly act of a cow or goat being slaughtered, a sharp razor run across its neck as it struggled violently. It gives the mesage that violence is a part of us.
Animals dont feel pain in the way they are being cut, unless you dont do it the right way. When the head is cut, all the blood flows out, this prevents infectious diseases.

As for being 'humane' compare these the western way of doing it to the Islamic way, look at the link below. Allah hu akbar...

Why Islamic method of Slaughtering animals is better? A scientific reason

Stoning is illegal in Islam, burning someone alive is illegal, beheading is allowed but only when someone committed a HUGE crime(In most heavy crimes you can repent and be spared) since that was the only way to to execute someone very quickly, its like the death penalty in the USA; however beheadings were very rare in the Islamic world.

Yes but unfortunately Hindus worship anything that moves and it causes friction between Muslims and Hindus; even rats and monkeys are worshipped.
Mere Bhai I am a non muslim myself, I am commenting on neutral point of view, shias celebrating asura albeit a little disturbing for others but at least they are keeping it to themselves not forcing others to do the same let alone harming others. As per one fcuker here shias performing matam and Taliban killing children is no different, I am actually debating this not measuring it in a Islamic point of view as that wud be way beyond my knowledge, again I am not here to hurt religious sentiments kindly point out if my tone is too harsh:-)

I would never imitate this ritual. If some of my Shia friends consider this tradition as part of their religion then I have to accept this ritual.

So you haven't ever eaten a cow or a goat or even a chicken? Any sort of meat?
Of course I have. I am not against eating them at all. I made my stance clear in the last post. Check it out. I just don't want my kid to see this wanton act of violence and that also on a hapless animal. There is the concept of animal rights in Islam by the way.

As for the thread... it has become the same gutter I feared it would become. How can we call ourselves muslims when we cannot step beyond our sectarian and national differences. Saudis and Iranians fighting on this site is no new deal but it worries me since we can't focus on nations like America Israel and India which have as a state policy oppressed their muslim populations and if not then bombed muslim populations thousands of miles away.

Grow up guys. We should all work for muslim unity.

Of course I have. I am not against eating them at all. I made my stance clear in the last post. Check it out. I just don't want my kid to see this wanton act of violence and that also on a hapless animal. There is the concept of animal rights in Islam by the way.

So it's the fault of the parents (in your case) that they forced you to watch it, against your will.

Islam ko kyun gali dete ho?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom