What's new

Ashura 2015 - Graphic images captured of Islamic ritual of self-flagellation

Well if that is condemned another thing to condemn is the bakra eid. An animal has its head cut off and we consider it a religious thing. I think there has to be some form of reformation in Islam. The loss of Ijtehad was attributed to the fall of muslims by Allama Iqbal. We lost our way somewhere so its clear we need reformation.

I am saying this because as a kid I have watched the grisly act of a cow or goat being slaughtered, a sharp razor run across its neck as it struggled violently. It gives the mesage that violence is a part of us.

Well if that is condemned another thing to condemn is the bakra eid. An animal has its head cut off and we consider it a religious thing. I think there has to be some form of reformation in Islam. The loss of Ijtehad was attributed to the fall of muslims by Allama Iqbal. We lost our way somewhere so its clear we need reformation.

I am saying this because as a kid I have watched the grisly act of a cow or goat being slaughtered, a sharp razor run across its neck as it struggled violently. It gives the mesage that violence is a part of us.
that is an animal which replaced Hazrat Ismael (A.S) a human, it is a gesture to show our Unity with the Prophet Ibrahim (A.S)

You comparing bloody kids with bloody cow!

that is an animal which replaced Hazrat Ismael (A.S) a human, it is a gesture to show our Unity with the Prophet Ibrahim (A.S)

At least, I do a good job exposing the true faces

You comparing bloody kids with bloody cow!

At least, I do a good job exposing the true faces

Mix a little bit of hypocricy with a sectarian mindset and an ideology that sees negative in other sects but sees your own sect as superior. Now drink. :D

I believe that mourning is right and ways of mourning are ok but mostly it seems now more and more people are doing it for show off ... I myself a Sunni and I and my like wise at 10 Muharram pay tribute to the Prince of Jannah the one who sacrifice his life for HAQ!
And yes we have tears in our eyes when we fealt that merciless ness and agony they have faced.

In addition please forgive me if I offend any one I never meant to give my judgement neither I am the one whose gonna judge any one but these are my thoughts which have developed by watching and percieved to many things.

It's their religion....as long as they are not hurting others... they should be free to do whatever.

I wonder when we will undergo the period of enlightenment..... I mean we are hundreds of years behind others.
Who do you include in this "we" ... just wanted to say do not include me and a host of other indians.

Mix a little bit of hypocricy with a sectarian mindset and an ideology that sees negative in other sects but sees your own sect as superior. Now drink. :D

Eid Ul Azha is not a sectarian thing. It is something followed by all sects including shias. Looks like you are so dumb that you can't different between a religious ritual and sectarian ritual.

No point in spying on me... my personal life is not overstepping other man's freedom.

Eid Ul Azha is not a sectarian thing. It is something followed by all sects including shias. Looks like you are so dumb that you can't different between a religious ritual and sectarian ritual.
I have already told him that he's overwhelmed with hate sentiments... which is obviously trenched deep in sect. BS.

^^
This is the image being generated out of such practices, in the name of Islam.
It is quite natural for the world to see us as fanatics... in Europe, if parents teach self beating to its kids... govt. will take away the kids for good.
Rest assure, observing ashura in Pakistani style is no go in most of the civilized world.

Last edited:
how do they deal with the cuts what about disease spreading from blood. next time their is this muharam am going sell antiseptic cream i be rich.

And what about Chicken and eggs? people shouldn't consume these either---------------------------Plants are living beings too you know----------How about highlighting violence against them? BTW have you ever heard of Thanksgiving, i bet the violence against turkeys doesn't bother you.

how do they deal with the cuts what about disease spreading from blood. next time their is this muharam am going sell antiseptic cream i be rich.
I doubt if any one care enough for the nut jobs?
however, in Pakistan they are treated in hospitals.

people here talking abt Quran...? u wont find single hafiz ul Quran in shias? i challenge u all

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom