What's new

Arjun mk II ready for trial!

Though the missile system had been tested on the MkI version of the tank about five years ago, it did not form part of the final design of the initial 124 delivered to the army, and nor will it be mounted on the second lot of 124, ministry officials said.
I hope their should be some scope left to upgrade this next batch of 124 Arjun (mkII) so that we could add missile system afterwards.

Apart from this if DRDO is able to provide whatever it claims to be in mkII - missile system, then also it would be a great MBT.

I wished DRDO should have used T90 design for Arjun mkII with little modification (if it was possible). The original design of arjun itself is not that appealing.

Although its good we developed arjun mkII so quickly as we could then move forward to FMBT for 2020.

finally - we can have one tank which is workable - t-90 have biggest problem of amount of heat it genrate in 60 degree cel temp of rajusthan.

may be india need to go for israeli model its closest to our need.

- but arjun for sure will be better than t-90, atleast its meant for rightful purpose to fight in 60 degree cel heat not - ice cold winter of serbia,

sorry i do not agree with u r theory of Israeli model. israeli place due importance to survivability because of less qty of qualified tank crew. for them survivability of tank is of outmost iportance as compared to mobility. hence their taks are extra armour plated which reduces mobility and also increases cost exponentially.

we need to jus stick with arjun. i m sure next tank which is developed in india will be much more advanced.

There was a comission report on T-90 purchase on how the cost was reduced with a downgraded version to justify the cost in parliament.. Some critical features were removed to bring down the cost as a replacement for Arjun Tanks which were not ready at that time... Will try to post the link.. because i read that long back surely 2-3 yrs back...

Probably what you refer to is the 'Shtora-1' active protection suite which was deleted from the initial batch but was later negotiated for as a retrofit.

sorry i do not agree with u r theory of Israeli model. israeli place due importance to survivability because of less qty of qualified tank crew. for them survivability of tank is of outmost iportance as compared to mobility. hence their taks are extra armour plated which reduces mobility and also increases cost exponentially.

we need to jus stick with arjun. i m sure next tank which is developed in india will be much more advanced.

brother i never said - we need to stop making arjun, arjun is best out there because its meant for our need .

but compared to t-90 which is meant to fight in below freezing temp- israli option is closely related to our need, the war doctrine is similer too.

What about the Engine? Is the 1500 HP DRDO designed engine ready for trial?

How about the ERA? Is it going to be DRDO designed ERA or is it procured from outside?

Its good news anyway...
Godspeed DRDO for the trials.. Pray IA won't be the party pooper this time.

brother i never said - we need to stop making arjun, arjun is best out there because its meant for our need .

but compared to t-90 which is meant to fight in below freezing temp- israli option is closely related to our need, the war doctrine is similer too.

yes we can certainly seek israeli help in that area.

Here is a video of T-90 going through some exercise in the desert.. looks like they have overcome some of the problems that were earlier reported such as poor thermal imaging, accuracy etc..

Indian Army's most lethal arm ? the T90 tank

T-90 is one hell of a beast that you don't wanna mess with..

Having said that, Arjun is a T-90 Killer.. How does that sound..
Cool eh :cheers:

I hope DRDO provide missile system in the coming 124 mkii batch also. Army is lookking to buy around 300-400 Arjun mkII but out which 124 won't have missile defense. I think DRDO is thinking about more orders.

In wiki it is reported that Fire Control system has got some serious malfunctions .. is it rectified? any input in this?

In wiki it is reported that Fire Control system has got some serious malfunctions .. is it rectified? any input in this?

during recent trials, while competing with t-90 arjun scored direct hits. though the results werent revealed but i believe the problem has been fixed as army guys were much happy with results.

There was a comission report on T-90 purchase on how the cost was reduced with a downgraded version to justify the cost in parliament.. Some critical features were removed to bring down the cost as a replacement for Arjun Tanks which were not ready at that time... Will try to post the link.. because i read that long back surely 2-3 yrs back...

If it is then see the lateast report of NDTV about T-90 tank
Indian Army's most lethal arm ? the T90 tank

I hope DRDO provide missile system in the coming 124 mkii batch also. Army is lookking to buy around 300-400 Arjun mkII but out which 124 won't have missile defense. I think DRDO is thinking about more orders.

SAAB's system was chosen over Trophy..We seem to be collaborating with them a lot these days..

Eventually all will be upgraded to MK2, so nothing to worry.

Arjun.JPG

HEHEHEH ABOUT THIS ARJUN MK2

Back
Top Bottom