What's new

Are these Indian personalities as well know in Iran as this article claims?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Your logic is getting more and more ridiculous......

What do you mean by Indian look......considering the vast landmass that India was, it's only natural that people from different regions will look different due to their local climatic conditions....
The North-Western regions of India has similar climatic conditions as that of the Middle-East....so the people there somewhat resembled the Middle-Easterns......this doesn't mean that they were not Indians......
Moreover, you're comparing modern HYBRID Afghans and Pakistanis to the South Indians....who look naturally different due to different climatic conditions and more so due to intermingled GENES....

The point is, the native Afghans were Indians.....after the invasions, they became HYBRIDS(voluntarily OR involuntarily--doesn't matter)....and as a result their looks now resemble Middle-Eastern characteristics....

Ok now I am lil confused... so u r saying that Afghans and Pakistanis look different from Indians before invaders came bcoz of different climatic conditions? So it means they looked different in the first place right?

I don't post regularly, was inactive for a long time, but I have to say that this forum was much better when I joined it back in 2009.

The Buddhists architechtures, the 'Hindu Kush' mountain in Afghanistan, tell us a different story....

Buddhism is a religion. By that logic Japanese people are Indian as well. Hindu Kush is a Persian name and literally means "Indian Killer" due to slaves from India not being able to cope with the rough weather and life in the mountains.

From Encyclopedia America via Wikipedia:
The name Hindu Kush means literally 'Kills the Hindu', a reminder of the days when Indian slaves from the Indian subcontinent died in the harsh weather typical of the Afghan mountains while being transported to Central Asia.

Quote any two portions of my statements so far, which you find contradictory....

Ok so u r saying that Afghans and Pakistanis were Indians to begin with. But due to climatic conditions, they look kinda like middle easterners to begin with. And then invaders came and interbreed with them and they started to look more like middle easterners? Did I get it right this time? :D

Afghanistan was an Indianized kingdom called Gandhara before Persian rule.

There was no india before 1947 so i don't know where this imaginary "indianization" is coming from. Secondly, Ghandhara was located in modern day Afghanistan and north west Pakistan, not india. Indians are dravidians, while Afghans and North Western Pakistanis are Aryans.

Well, i won't be indulging in this picture contest in the month of Ramadan.

Buddhism is a religion. By that logic Japanese people are Indian as well. Hindu Kush is a Persian name and literally means "Indian Killer" due to slaves from India not being able to cope with the rough weather and life in the mountains.

From Encyclopedia America via Wikipedia:
The name Hindu Kush means literally 'Kills the Hindu', a reminder of the days when Indian slaves from the Indian subcontinent died in the harsh weather typical of the Afghan mountains while being transported to Central Asia.

I thought Iranians are smarter than Pakistanis....my bad...

Tell me, Where did the Persians get those Indian 'slaves' you're talking about....
The Persians were never able to come to central India(Nadir Shah came after the Mughals)....so they could not have got them from modern day India.....
Now, if you say, they got those 'slaves' from Afghanistan itself then this proves our claim that Afghanistan was Indian Territory....

There was no india before 1947 so i don't know where this imaginary "indianization" is coming from. Secondly, Ghandhara was located in modern day Afghanistan and north west Pakistan, not india. Indians are dravidians, while Afghans and North Western Pakistanis are Aryans.

Well, i won't be indulging in this picture contest in the month of Ramadan.

Bharat exist since Vedic period, Pakistan name first came in 1940. Afghans are Iranian people, we Indians are indo-Aryan, Dravidians

- ahhh...fook it...what am I talking about ? -

Ma'am...stop this ! As an ethnic Kashmiri...I'm probably the fairest of the lot of you (I've been mistaken for a caucasian more times then I can remember with people babbling at me in English all the time !) but damn me for ever thinking that somehow any of that makes me better than the guy or gal standing next to me ! If anything I look like a bloody tomato whenever I get a sun-burn..so no point in continuing on with this discussion !

Armstrong, everything was going fine in this thread when this guy offbeat came and started to troll. Please go back few pages and see his anger filled post that started it all. Actually, this thread was about Indians and Iranians, but a guy name Darious was the first one who started this by bringing Pakistan into all this. Why bring Pakistan into those threads which have nothing to do with Pakistan?

I
Didn't say Indian but 'indianized' which is a commonly used term to refer to places influenced by India culturally. It is called info sphere. Try to read about it if your Ramadan month allows it.

Ok, my bad, i get what you meant.

@ Desert Fox : Khan...can you speak Pashto ?

Who said Afghans ARE Indians.....we're saying that they WERE Indians.....

And like you said, "They are more Persian than indians".........i.e they are neither Persians nor Indians, they are HYBRIDS just like the Pakistanis....

Are present day North Western Indians HYBRIDS? Y OR N.

Armstrong, everything was going fine in this thread when this guy offbeat came and started to troll. Please go back few pages and see his anger filled post that started it all. Actually, this thread was about Indians and Iranians, but a guy name Darious was the first one who started this by bringing Pakistan into all this. Why bring Pakistan into those threads which have nothing to do with Pakistan?

Okay fair enough ! By the way you're a Hindkowan yourself..right ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom