What's new

Any replacement for Bangladesh A-5 jets?

I think Bangladeshi Type 59 are improved to Al Zarar level.... Correct me if i am wrong.

SAAB Gripen it is! :bounce:

All you have to do now is call 1-800-SAAB GRIPEN (Toll Free) and the aircraft will be delivered within 4-5 working days.

If you call within 24 hours you will get 4 BVR missiles with every aircraft - Absolutely Free

Limited Offer!!! Hurry!!!

**VISA MASTERCARD Accepted.

F-15SE (Silent Eagle). Sweeet.

The Boeing F-15SE Silent Eagle is a proposed upgrade of the F-15E by Boeing using stealth features, such as internal weapons carriage and radar-absorbent material.

800px-Boeing_F-15_Silent_Eagle-topshot.jpg

PICTURES: Boeing unveils upgraded F-15 Silent Eagle with fifth-generation features-17/03/2009-Washington DC-Flight International

Would cost around $100 million each. It is aimed at international customers like Israel, Saudi Arabia, Singapore Japan and South Korea, all F-15E users.

Maybe I am just dreaming XD

With a $100 million budget, the country can build a hundred small factories, 10 medium factories or one large factory. When the country invests $100 in industries, it contributes $35 million to the GDP every year for the next 30 years.

Now, multiply 1 unit by a sqadron of planes each costing $100 million. The country's lost production is $280 million every year. So, what is the point to buy all those toys which we cannot probably use for many years. Without SAM missiles to protect these, an enemy plane will rise above, and shoot and kill these planes before they can fly above.

I think, the present policy of biting only what the country can swallow is much better. The country is still an LDC country without much of an economic muscle. We need to put more muscles before we can afford to buy hundred million dollar toys.

I think Bangladeshi Type 59 are improved to Al Zarar level.... Correct me if i am wrong.

i heard all type 59 are upgraded to heavy APC.... may be you are talking about Type 69 which are upgraded to Type 69-II Mk.2G which is basically a 3rd generation tank !
Type 69-IIG - An upgraded Bangladeshi model with the following modifications:
Bi-axis stabilised 120 mm smoothbore main gun (NATO compatible), with semi-automatic loader, capable of firing ATGMs
New fire control system (FCS), laser range-finder, thermal imaging sights, data-link, laser warning receiver
1,000 hp diesel engine
Explosive reactive armour (ERA) protection, fire suppression system, NBC suite
New communications and navigation equipment (including GPS receiver)

Apart from the J-10 another replacement is there - Good relations with India.

If India-BD have good relations no need for spending on these fighters.

With a $100 million budget, the country can build a hundred small factories, 10 medium factories or one large factory. When the country invests $100 in industries, it contributes $35 million to the GDP every year for the next 30 years.

Now, multiply 1 unit by a sqadron of planes each costing $100 million. The country's lost production is $280 million every year. So, what is the point to buy all those toys which we cannot probably use for many years. Without SAM missiles to protect these, an enemy plane will rise above, and shoot and kill these planes before they can fly above.

I think, the present policy of biting only what the country can swallow is much better. The country is still an LDC country without much of an economic muscle. We need to put more muscles before we can afford to buy hundred million dollar toys.

WE already bought SAM from Russia. The country is brought under constant Radar Suveillence system and every inch of land is now covered and the only country in south asia could do that. I saw in BTV few months ago.

Improving air-defense seems like a better alternative to procuring new and expensive aircraft. No such thing as a tank known as T-2000. Maybe he was refering to the MBT-2000 (AKA Al-Khalid) (?). It is a Chinese/Pakistani tank and it is a very good tank.

ChineseType90Tank1.jpg

The Type-59 tanks we have now are beyond ancient.

759px-Type_59_tank_-_front_right.jpg

BD army is going for type 96 while other type 69/79 will be upgraded to type 96 and type 59 will be converted to APC ! Dont know about Yatagans though! i heard once they intend to buy 300 yatagan/type 84 !! I like this tank... looks like a beast !!

UkrainianT84Tank.jpg

Ya sure as if India going to lend us 30 of its MKI... LOL

BD does not have very good relation with myanmar too. They need something to show to myanmar.

Good relationship between two unequal countries is not enough. The small one has to develop its own military upto a certain extent, not to fight but to defend, in case a war is imposed upon it.

some:police: country says we(India) should not go for space adventure,etc because there are many country men below poverty level:disagree:

BD does not have very good relation with myanmar too. They need something to show to myanmar.

That was with Janta..... Recent news show that new Govt of Myanmar trying to establish good relation with BD ... and i dont think Myanmar is a threat.... They will surely listen to China

Improving air-defense seems like a better alternative to procuring new and expensive aircraft. No such thing as a tank known as T-2000. Maybe he was refering to the MBT-2000 (AKA Al-Khalid) (?). It is a Chinese/Pakistani tank and it is a very good tank.

Yes, it is MBT-2000 built in China. Al-Khalid is being produced in Pakistan with Ukrainian engines. Otherwise, both are same.

Only last week the Myamar Airforce Cheif came for a 5-day visit to Bangladesh. Burma's newly elected President will be coming to BD for his 1st ever visit to a foreign country. Relationship with that country is excellent, and will improve with these visists.

---------- Post added at 11:20 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:19 AM ----------

But, I thought there is also Turkish source of getting SAMs. Are you sure that it is only Russian source?

Bangladesh building missile arsenal - Times Of India
eastwatch we are probably getting it from both since our foreign suppliers are turkey and russia, also I would have checked on bdmilitary forum but I think I have been banned.

Latest posts

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom