What's new

Any replacement for Bangladesh A-5 jets?

S
top Trolling desiman, It has been said a 1000 times get it through your skull that JF-17 is a joint venture.

LCA comes with an American engine, on wing panels imported from Italy and avionics, navigational aids and radars from France, Israel and Sweden. The GE-F 404 engine is American, most avionics like radars, INGPS, electronic warfare equipment, radar altometre, the fly-by-wire system, ground-mapping system and other pilot-support system are all imported from Israel, France and Sweden.

Now shu away and shutdown your account, go join troll forum somewhere else.

you are seriously living a dream... are you sure about your wing panels . FBW , EW suite etc... you need to google...

Bangladesh airforce is not discarding A-5 any time soon. Recently, it has ordered one squadron of F-7BG planes from China. It will modify the present F-7 planes in its stock to F-7BG. A-5 planes will be kept in the arsenal as a stop gap measure. BD airforce is now considering many different planes in the market and will come to a final conclusion after giving due consideration to its needs as well as price.

AL is more careful not to hurt the feelings of our military. AL is regarded as the enemy of BD and its military. In order to balance this, AL spends more money to the military needs than the other Party, BNP. The latter does not have to pay a special attention to the military because it is regarded as anti-India and military friendly.

Bangladesh airforce is not discarding A-5 any time soon. Recently, it has ordered one squadron of F-7BG planes from China. It will modify the present F-7 planes in its stock to F-7BG. A-5 planes will be kept in the arsenal as a stop gap measure. BD airforce is now considering many different planes in the market and will come to a final conclusion after giving due consideration to its needs as well as price.

AL is more careful not to hurt the feelings of our military. AL is regarded as the enemy of BD and its military. In order to balance this, AL spends more money to the military needs than the other Party, BNP. The latter does not have to pay a special attention to the military because it is regarded as anti-India and military friendly.

Question: Why are we still buying F-7s??? It is a Soviet era design. So old! I think it is better if we just buy a few good jets, like F-15s, F-16s or something like that.

100% right about the relationship between the AL and the military and people in general. Us never forget Pilkhana! :angry:

Question: Why are we still buying F-7s??? It is a Soviet era design. So old! I think it is better if we just buy a few good jets, like F-15s, F-16s or something like that.

100% right about the relationship between the AL and the military and people in general. Us never forget Pilkhana! :angry:

I cant recall but somebody posted here that china discontinued production on F-7 and they did recommend FC-1 or J-10 to BAF.

Whats so bad about f-7's? They are easy maintenance stuffs, good for economy and local workshops wouldn have to scratch their heads if something fell off.:P Anyways it seems BD needs more choppers then jets right now. There was a joke back then, the only route a fighter pilot takes while engaging afterburner is towards Bay of Bengal cos otherwise he would end up in indian airspace. Anyways it was joke, the thing is considering natural disasters, troop deployment in remote parts BD should consider more choppers. The shortage of airforce could be compensated with air defense.

Whats so bad about f-7's? They are easy maintenance stuffs, good for economy and local workshops wouldn have to scratch their heads if something fell off.:P Anyways it seems BD needs more choppers then jets right now. There was a joke back then, the only route a fighter pilot takes while engaging afterburner is towards Bay of Bengal cos otherwise he would end up in indian airspace. Anyways it was joke, the thing is considering natural disasters, troop deployment in remote parts BD should consider more choppers. The shortage of airforce could be compensated with air defense.

Choppers aren't that expensive, so I don't think it would be a big issue. Unless of-course we are talking about dedicated attack copters (which the BAF has none).

As I mentioned in my previous post regarding air-defense, a good and integrated air-defense don't come cheap either.

*sigh* At times I have come to think that our military needs to be reformed. But that's just my opinion.

Bangladesh doesnt even need an airforce...... i mean u guys dnt even have a rival in the area.

Bangladesh doesnt even need an airforce...... i mean u guys dnt even have a rival in the area.

Yes, our rival was today's Pakistan. So, it kept us without any military muscle, airforce or others, so that a big India comes and swallows us, and you can take over Kashmir in the meantime. Well, it did not go in your intended way. Do not worry anymore about our military. We are at least 25 times stronger than before 1971. We will make our airforce strong enough to defend our air space, but it will take a little time. Because we are now building up our naval power.

what about mig 29? How many mig29 BAF has now? Is there any plan to increase the number??

Yes, our rival was today's Pakistan. So, it kept us without any military muscle, airforce or others, so that a big India comes and swallows us, and you can take over Kashmir in the meantime. Well, it did not go in your intended way. Do not worry anymore about our military. We are at least 25 times stronger than before 1971. We will make our airforce strong enough to defend our air space, but it will take a little time. Because we are now building up our naval power.
Cant believe you people have time for all this!!!!!!!!!

what about mig 29? How many mig29 BAF has now? Is there any plan to increase the number??

BAF have 16 at the moment. 2 of them are for training (MIG-29UB). The MIG-29 is getting old, but still good. Plus, they (BAF) don't have avionics as great as the ones used by India.

I would eye for the European ones, they come in great packages but, they are expensive.

The Chinese option is limited, but still worth looking around.

We should quit buying large numbers of F-7s.

gripen or su-35 thats final if bd goverment don't buy them then fcuk them.. but Please note bd members we are doing it in different phases first naval power comes first, anti air defence as well as the army then we go for air force.. trust me guys be patient you will see a better and emerging bangladesh inshallah as well as this hopefully are goverments fix up.

gripen or su-35 thats final if bd goverment don't buy them then fcuk them.. but Please note bd members we are doing it in different phases first naval power comes first, anti air defence as well as the army then we go for air force.. trust me guys be patient you will see a better and emerging bangladesh inshallah as well as this hopefully are goverments fix up.

We should stick to China.. European planes are good as of now.. but in the long run Chinese will outpace them. Dont forget Europeans are like whoree and will change their mind once we really need them.

We should stick to China.. European planes are good as of now.. but in the long run Chinese will outpace them. Dont forget Europeans are like whoree and will change their mind once we really need them.

Good Chinese aircraft are a limited option at the moment. The J-10 is not available for export right now.

Bangladesh always had very good relations with countries like UK, France and Germany. I don't see any wrong there.

Good Chinese aircraft are a limited option at the moment. The J-10 is not available for export right now.

Bangladesh always had very good relations with countries like UK, France and Germany. I don't see any wrong there.

at first we should fix our strategic partner.

russia has good relation with india.

during crisis russia will not sell any missile or bomb to BD.

so we must rely on china as only china may help us during crisis or nobody else !!

Latest posts

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom