What's new

Any replacement for Bangladesh A-5 jets?

at first we should fix our strategic partner.

russia has good relation with india.

during crisis russia will not sell any missile or bomb to BD.

so we must rely on china as only china may help us during crisis or nobody else !!

Dude, I didn't mention much about anything from Russia apart from those Sukhois from my previous post.

Our hero, Muhammad Yunus have good relations with Western nations. We shouldn't ignore that. The harassment he is currently facing will make him even more heroic.

I agree that we should always maintain good relations with China just like any other country. Compared to weapons from Western nations, Chinese technology is only emerging to rival that of the USA. But don't forget, Japan is one of our largest donors in aid (Japan is very important to Bangladesh and a great friend from the start). So, in a way China is limited.

Think of it this way:
You develop a really good fighter. So good, that you would want to use it for yourself. Are you going to export it to other countries at first? No. You keep the best stuff you develop for yourself. It's common sense, and all countries, including Russia and USA do this (ever wonder why those Iraqi T-72s performed so badly?).
This is one of the reasons why the J-10 (example) is not easily available in the export market at the moment (apart from the PAF of-course). And exports to the PAF are small at best.
This is why I am saying, good Chinese aircraft or even any advanced weaponry from China are limited.
The Europeans provide great packages that sometimes even exceed what the Americans provide at the moment. That's why I like them.

We should keep faith in good men like Yunus, who make Bangladesh look good, in the eyes of many nations (maybe apart from India, lol) and hope for great future leaders. Not those two netris, along with their corrupt and power-hungry sons we have right now.

Western aircraft and weaponry are expensive, but they are great and worth it. And we can research and develop our own equipment, spares, avionics and ammo (missiles are very expensive when imported - especially from Western countries) over time. Western suppliers and government can give great incentives for research into these things (as long as we are good and benchmark their interests).
We are not like India or Pakistan. We are a generally a peaceful nation compared to those two. We can get anything we want, and good stuff.
Not a bunch of F-7s. I mean, I should we be destined to buy such crap anyway?

We just need the right and strong leadership who can make an example for ALL Bangladeshis. We have the potential.

The dimension has changed..

After Abbottabad Operation, Bangladesh and other smaller nations needs to look into:

- Bangladeshi must look into more and better Radars and SAMs with extensive networked coverage web of these radars and SAMs.
- Prototype of semi stealth JFT is underway as many sources pointed out, this is the solution to the Aging fleet. A Mix of Blocks I/II Or II/III
- Atleast couple of Y-8 based AEW&C
- Modern Navy

Bangladesh doesnt even need an airforce...... i mean u guys dnt even have a rival in the area.

Even though sometimes I feel we do not need any Air Force, BDR (just because of out of grievousness, nothing else) in such circumstances when India offers us to sell their parts for our jets or for border killing by BSF, but Pakistanis are not in any position to leave such one liner here. We have seen what your PAF has done in that Abbottabad-night. They have made you frustrated and others like me who supposed that PAF has well caliber. Now may be grounding at least one US UAV can get you back your pride or killing other hidden terrorist leaders in PK. Otherwise think thrice before comment such comments here. I wonder why they killed 8 people playing cricket in last day in Quetta. Perhaps Pk is the only country on this Earth where people are killed on prayer time in Mosque. The illiterates. Uppsss, some Pakistanis never understand that most of Bangladeshis are not their enemy. Do not follow the member called "F 16 Falcon".

Yes, our rival was today's Pakistan. So, it kept us without any military muscle, airforce or others, so that a big India comes and swallows us, and you can take over Kashmir in the meantime. Well, it did not go in your intended way. Do not worry anymore about our military. We are at least 25 times stronger than before 1971. We will make our airforce strong enough to defend our air space, but it will take a little time. Because we are now building up our naval power.

Watever dude....... u still cant do anything ...... ur govt is pro india.

If Bangladesh Govt is pro India, then India is neutralised.

Heard of Sun Tsu?

He is a great philosopher of your second foreign sponsor - China.

He said:

For to win one hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the acme of skill. To subdue the enemy without fighting is the acme of skill.

Yes, our rival was today's Pakistan. So, it kept us without any military muscle, airforce or others, so that a big India comes and swallows us, and you can take over Kashmir in the meantime. Well, it did not go in your intended way. Do not worry anymore about our military. We are at least 25 times stronger than before 1971. We will make our airforce strong enough to defend our air space, but it will take a little time. Because we are now building up our naval power.

You are obviously paranoid about India. Anyways theoretically speaking , if indeed India attacks BD, does BAF has any chance against both quantitatively and qualitatively superior IAF. I don't think so.

So disband BAF (convert it into Army Aviation) and instead of wasting your precious resources on fighter planes, invest in helicopters (attack/transport), transport planes and SAM. If you have anything left make, lease or buy a satellite for keeping a watch on the waterlevel in BD. This way your military assets could better serve the nation.

Since India is the only country that Bangladesh will ever use its planes against, given the geography.

I think twin engined Mig-35's which are priced any where between 30-40 million USD would be ideal.

In terms of operations, it would be better to operate a lesser no. of Mig-35's as against more no. of JF-17's.

Mig-35 would also provide a higher range and would complement the Mig-29's, also Bangladesh has enough exposure to Russian fighters, so MIg-35 would not be a burden.

Since India is the only country that Bangladesh will ever use its planes against, given the geography.

I think twin engined Mig-35's which are priced any where between 30-40 million USD would be ideal.

In terms of operations, it would be better to operate a lesser no. of Mig-35's as against more no. of JF-17's.

Mig-35 would also provide a higher range and would complement the Mig-29's, also Bangladesh has enough exposure to Russian fighters, so MIg-35 would not be a burden.

I am not talking about comparison with India or Burma. Only BAF can tell you if it wants to disband itself or not. BAF will procure one or two squadrons of F-7BG which is called the poor man's F-16. These planes will stay with the BAF for another ten years during which time it will select a 4th generation plane and buy a few squadrons of it. BAF will keep on using F-7BG along with the more modern planes. Note that China's airforce is still using F-7BG and it is still producing more of this kind. If so, then this plane cannot be said a low quality plane. I am talking about F-7BGs.

I am not talking about comparison with India or Burma. Only BAF can tell you if it wants to disband itself or not. BAF will procure one or two squadrons of F-7BG which is called the poor man's F-16. These planes will stay with the BAF for another ten years during which time it will select a 4th generation plane and buy a few squadrons of it. BAF will keep on using F-7BG along with the more modern planes. Note that China's airforce is still using F-7BG and it is still producing more of this kind. If so, then this plane cannot be said a low quality plane. I am talking about F-7BGs.

From whre did you get the information of BD procuring F-7BG?

From whre did you get the information of BD procuring F-7BG?

[ BAF AIRCRAFT ]

It is still no match against the likes of Rafele, the MIG-29s fitted with Israeli avionics, among others used by the IAF.

BAF is both outclassed and outnumbered if pitted against the IAF.

You are obviously paranoid about India. Anyways theoretically speaking , if indeed India attacks BD, does BAF has any chance against both quantitatively and qualitatively superior IAF. I don't think so.

So disband BAF (convert it into Army Aviation) and instead of wasting your precious resources on fighter planes, invest in helicopters (attack/transport), transport planes and SAM. If you have anything left make, lease or buy a satellite for keeping a watch on the waterlevel in BD. This way your military assets could better serve the nation.

actually indian people cant accept that their neighbors r improving both militarily and economically.

if we act like Bhutan whose security in ensured by india, only then they r happy.

actually indian people cant accept that their neighbors r improving both militarily and economically.

if we act like Bhutan whose security in ensured by india, only then they r happy.

At least he is speaking based on facts.

Do you think BAF is some kinda D**KHEAD here who want to defend their territory against India ,DAMN!am not even talking about Mig 29 or Su 30mki or mirage 2000 or LCA . Am talking about Mig 21bis ,Jaguar and MIG 27,just their Drop tanks are enough to level your airfields (No offence here)Forget about Ground strike munition they carries.
Even IAF Gunship SQNs is larger than total BAF ,so plz stop your paranoid which earn nothing but more disrespect towards Bangladesh.:hitwall::pop:

ONTOPIC
The best option BAF can have is Korean T 50 Trainer cum Light attack Supersonic Jet

Here's food for thought :cheers:
AIR_T-50_Side_Left_lg.jpg

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom