What's new

Anti-Islamist blogger killed in Bangladesh violence

Status
Not open for further replies.

anilindia

Reaction score
DHAKA: A Bangladeshi blogger who had been critical of the Islamist groups has been killed, prompting the protesters here to continue their round the clock sit-in vigil demanding death penalties for 1971 war criminals.

Rajib Haidar, 30, an architect and Shahbagh protest activist, was stabbed to death near his house at Pallabi in the capital last night.

"We have launched a massive manhunt for killers of Rajib Haidar... the detective branch and the CID (Criminal Investigation Department) separately took fingerprints to track down the assailants," a police spokesman told.

The protestors at Shahbagh accused fundamentalist Jamaat- e-Islami (JI) of killing Haidar with lethal weapons last evening while he was returning home.

The killing prompted the protesters to go back to their 24-hour movement instead of seven-hour programme which they had declared hours before the death.

Haidar's death came hours after violence at southeastern Cox's Bazar district that left three people dead. The violence broke out after JI activists turned violent following Friday prayers to protest their top leaders' trial for war crimes.

JI and their student affiliate Islamic Chhatra Shibir were trying to wage counter protest attacking or torching vehicles and attacking policemen apparently under a hit ad run strategy to halt their stalwarts' ongoing trial.

The violence saw deaths of at least 14 people including Haidar, who apparently came under wraths of the Islamists for his internet blog campaign demanding ban on the JI politics and boycott of the health, banking and other services as part of the youngsters "non-political and non-partisan" movement.

"We announce from here, we will not go back home until the war criminals are hanged, his (Haidar's) assailants are exposed to justice and politics of Jamaat and Shibir is banned," said a leading organiser of the Shahbagh protest.

Meanwhile, JI has called a nationwide general strike on Monday and enforced a localised one in Cox's Bazar today to protest deaths of three of the party's activists yesterday.

Anti-Islamist blogger killed in Bangladesh violence - The Times of India

69292_410519895708917_1527974477_n.png

Dear all military personal of Bangladesh & good faith Muslim from bangladesh ...

We very ordinary good faith muslim now seeing very worst thing coming to bangladesh ..this things started from killing our most brave intelligent army officer during BDR massacre .since then its boosting its capability on ..Our last hope is our brave intelligent pious BD army ... may allah protect us from evil.

a good muslim from Bangladesh

yes all brother ...this guy wrote such kind of things in somewhereinblog.net that no muslim can tolerate that...he even cross top of the world's munafiq ...

i never knew guys like these existed in Bangladesh, if they did they'd know to keep their mouth shut. I guess the internet has given the green light to run their hateful gob. I bet these guys have any friends, in public they'd get their *** kicked for saying crap like this.

I mean i know atheists, few of my friends here are atheists. I have never heard them disrespecting my religion or bad mouthing any other religion, in fact they would defend the right to a religion in cases. But, it seems atheism in Bangladesh means islam bashing and using vile language. I thought secularism meant each man respecting the religion of other's. i don't get Bangladeshi secularism at all.

Jodi proman hoy khun ta Jamat Shibir korenai tahole shobgula James bond re ( sepoy madx shadow hammer r indian sidekicks) naak e khot dewano hobe ekhane

p_001.jpg

Chhobirhaat = Ganja Shebon elaka of Suhrawardi uddan opposite of Charukola ( atheist shommelon kendro)
@animelive @RiasatKhan @MBI Munshi @Al-zakir @idune @Loki @PlanetSoldier @aazidane

Last edited by a moderator:
@kalu_miah @Sepoy @madx

Kothay?? kon status tay ektu boloto bhai, ektu dekhi ..:lol: public er r kheye Kaaj nai ami 1 jon niriho thread starter :rolleyes: ...

ব্লগার মরে বাংলাদেশে, খবর সবার আগে দেয় পাকিস্তান ডিফেন্স ফোরাম
http://www.defence.pk/forums/bangladesh-defence/235241-blogger-thaba-baba-murdered.html

Blogger Thaba Baba Murdered
Pakistan Defence
Breaking: Dead body of Bangladeshi Blogger Thaba Baba ( ahmed rajib) was discovered in front of his house few hours ago.... His Blogs ---- থাবা

Ajke share korse.....comment gula post korlam na......bhoyonkor!

Onar page e ctrl+f dia defence likha search den.

ব্লগার মরে বাংলাদেশে, খবর সবার আগে দেয় পাকিস্তান ডিফেন্স ফোরাম
http://www.defence.pk/forums/bangladesh-defence/235241-blogger-thaba-baba-murdered.html

Blogger Thaba Baba Murdered
Pakistan Defence
Breaking: Dead body of Bangladeshi Blogger Thaba Baba ( ahmed rajib) was discovered in front of his house few hours ago.... His Blogs ---- থাবা

Ajke share korse.....comment gula post korlam na......bhoyonkor!

Onar page e ctrl+f dia defence likha search den.

loooooooooooooooooooooooool... thanks bro..:lol:

Kew Pial re gia bolo eta actually Indian defence forum.. ekhankar 90% post Indian der ... ekhane amra ashi Indian der shathe molakat korte.....:lol: bdmil theke ip ban na korle bdmil ei thaktam :hitwall: ..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom