What's new

Another milestone of Turkish Aerospace: TAI's New Supersonic UAV Göksungur Waiting 2020

From everything I've seen the Baykar MIUS is set to be subsonic. Which is strange because as you've stated they have also hinted that it will be an "unmanned jet". If it really is meant to take on other jets then I'm guessing they made a mistake and in reality it will be supersonic.

I think The 900km/h will be enough to join into active combat duties at aerial engagement scenarios since the manned aircrafts mostly uses supersonic speeds at critical conditions when they need to escape or quick transition scenarios. Supersonic speeds drastically increases the fuel consumption so they can not stay on air to proceed hunter/bomber missions. On the other hand, 5-6h endurance of an unmanned jet having a max speed of 900km/h will make it perform its missions inside a radius of more than 2000km. That is a perfect figure If you ask me.

We have to create things that don't exist yet if we are to ever become a true superpower.

thats what I wanted to write in the missle thread we need not to build something alike or turkish version of XYZ

no leopard clone
no aim120 clone

do it better or invent own special ideas/features

I cant wait to see such a drone wiping out convoys and giving support for infantry/tanks and so on

I think we should really work hard than akinci can fire gökdogan that would be something unique and special

bae-systems-stealth-plane.jpg

Attention: Photo is representative

TAI General Manager Prof. Temel Kotil said that "TAI will carry out the first flight of its supersonic UCAV Göksungur in 2020".

In a special statements which is given to C4Defence, Kotil expressed about the latest developments of Aksungur and Göksungur projects. Kotil stated that Aksungur, which was developed over the ANKA platform, aims to deliver in the first quarter of the year. Kotil stating that the processes of new projects have been shortened with the accumulation gained. Also He said that, "Now We are working on the supersonic UAV Göksungur. We're aiming for the first flight in a year. Our engine will be turbojet this time because it is supersonic. ”

The interview with TUSAŞ' GM Temel Kotil will take place in the next issue of C4Defence Magazine. http://c4news.me/wUg2B
Is this how it will look like ? Like a B2 ?
@cabatli_53

Vice President Fuat Oktay:

"A new milestone: New type of unmanned fighter jet coming from TAI. This is our new good news. It is our new generation project that will further improve our capability in unmanned aerial vehicles. With its Anka-3 jet engine and supersonic speed, high payload carrying capacity and tailless structure that is almost invisible on radar, the Anka-3 will hopefully open a brand new page in the world aviation in the field of UCAV. We will continue to share good news about Anka-3 with our people next year."

The project is currently being carried out with more secrecy than the MMU. There are only concept drawings of the project from 10 years ago. TAI is expected to hold a roll-out ceremony for the system in early 2023.

Ekran Alıntısı.PNG

Last edited:
I have misquoted some information in thread and some things have changed over time. Goksungurs are supersonic UAVs under the wings of the Anka-3 system. The delta wing you see is the ANKA-3, the main topic of this thread. The first variant is high-subsonic, advanced variants will have more powerful thrust and capacity.

FrhBAqjWcAEyeju-e1679157502760-780x470.jpeg

It seems that aircraft cannot carry large kamikaze drones in its internal weapons station, but will carry many other missiles and bombs in its bay under-fuselage. So it will mostly look like this

anka-3f.PNG

I have misquoted some information in thread and some things have changed over time. Goksungurs are supersonic UAVs under the wings of the Anka-3 system. The delta wing you see is the ANKA-3, the main topic of this thread. The first variant is high-subsonic, advanced variants will have more powerful thrust and capacity.

FrhBAqjWcAEyeju-e1679157502760-780x470.jpeg

It seems that aircraft cannot carry large kamikaze drones in its internal weapons station, but will carry many other missiles and bombs in its bay under-fuselage. So it will mostly look like this

View attachment 920912

Would love to see these puppies have a nice workout in Ukraine against Russian S300/S400's ;) ...

(a bit early i know - they may well miss the Ukraine war by the time they have FOC ? )

Back
Top Bottom