What's new

Another milestone of Turkish Aerospace: TAI's New Supersonic UAV Göksungur Waiting 2020

dBSPL

Reaction score
Country
Turkey
bae-systems-stealth-plane.jpg

Attention: Photo is representative

TAI General Manager Prof. Temel Kotil said that "TAI will carry out the first flight of its supersonic UCAV Göksungur in 2020".

In a special statements which is given to C4Defence, Kotil expressed about the latest developments of Aksungur and Göksungur projects. Kotil stated that Aksungur, which was developed over the ANKA platform, aims to deliver in the first quarter of the year. Kotil stating that the processes of new projects have been shortened with the accumulation gained. Also He said that, "Now We are working on the supersonic UAV Göksungur. We're aiming for the first flight in a year. Our engine will be turbojet this time because it is supersonic. ”

The interview with TUSAŞ' GM Temel Kotil will take place in the next issue of C4Defence Magazine. http://c4news.me/wUg2B

Informations has not yet been leaked to open sources. However, we expect this system will be a supersonic aircraft which is capable of wingman with current fighter jets.
The bold part.Are you sure brother?
Correct me if I'm wrong.But isn't drones controlled by a fighter jet a sixth gen characteristic?

The bold part.Are you sure brother?
Correct me if I'm wrong.But isn't drones controlled by a fighter jet a sixth gen characteristic?
Bro, don't get too involved in the generation separation works of aviation magazines. In particular, the distinctions between 5 and 6 are still extremely blurred. What is important here is your capacity to develop and implement your own technology. In this respect, the Göksungur project will constitute an important milestone for Turkish aviation.

Informations has not yet been leaked to open sources. However, we expect this system will be a supersonic aircraft which is capable of wingman with current fighter jets.
If that becomes reality then Kudos to TAI and all others involved for making the best use of resources and experience keeping in mind the future of air warfare !!!

Wingman aircrafts should be pursued among projects, they offer a whole new variety of implementable tactics and strategies

Any news on powerplant ?

Turkey is soon going to be among the best weapons manufacturers, i hope the turkish economy further improves, giving more strength to R&D. Turkey will gain alot of suppprters because high tech weapons are europeans and US monopoly, and when turkey provides same quality weapons, everyone will go for it.

Back
Top Bottom