What's new

Alternate solution for Pakistan Navy to counter Large Navies ?

i will not say rejecting but not fitting in their doctrine but if we see the weapon system that this platform carries and able to deliver and cheap so that they can acquire in numbers.

LOL Pakistanis themselves accept their conventional weapons are no match to India, while nukes as the only deterant.

Regarding Cruise missiles , PN may already have few Babur onboard Agosta subs...For a viable credible deterrant PN will need subs of 3000 tons and above.
For avoiding a naval blockade PN ha Missile boats and in addition to that PAF has considerable sea strike capability via C-802,CM-400AKG and harpoons on JF-17....
PN also has considerable reconnaissance capability via UAV.
So in my opinion and thats just my opinion,a naval blockade wont be as easy as it sounds...

For further strengthening naval deterrence and defence..PN can induce more numbers and varieties of Anti ship and anti sub munition along with reconnaissance platforms.

Last edited by a moderator:
Organizing a Naval Blockade isn't just positioning a a couple of ships every 100kms.

The logistics and combat worthness takes a toll.

This isn't Age of Empires 3 or Starcraft 2. You sent units on attack mode and whoever has more units wins the battle.

Every person on a ship has a task they do, 1 person can change the tide of battle. All you stupid keyboard warriors.

Thəorətic Muslim;4099687 said:
Organizing a Naval Blockade isn't just positioning a a couple of ships every 100kms.

The logistics and combat worthness takes a toll.

This isn't Age of Empires 3 or Starcraft 2. You sent units on attack mode and whoever has more units wins the battle.

Every person on a ship has a task they do, 1 person can change the tide of battle. All you stupid keyboard warriors.

And to understand just how different real war is from the mentioned games, play Total War. :D

No, I'm not joking here.

Most of the oil we import comes from gulf Harmuz and its very easy for pakistan navy to block them and as i said if they declare state of war with india our insurance goes up.
Are we still in 1971 the new ASM are more powerfull and cover more distance .

I love WEED very cheap Here :D
I don't know about Hallucination but its not possible for us to Repeat what we did in 1971 bcoz of the weapon system Pakistan have and the platform like JF-17 with CM400 and C-803 .PN may be very small navy but the have very good Frigate with good missile and don't forget about Submarine its way better then what we have .
And the submarine is going to prevent us from blockade .

Hello my Pakistani friend; you forget that the Straits of Hormuz (its not Harmuz as you W.Punjabis would like to spell it) and the Gulf of Oman are both littoral and International waters. Read the post above by @RazorMC who understands how only an idiot would attempt to blockade that part.

Next part is where are the resources available with the PN to control the large expanse of the Arabian Sea. 6 tired old Amazon frigates that UK disposed of cheaply because they were unmaintainable, 1 toothless OHP frigate that USA transferred for free. What is left, the 4 F-22 frigates transferred by China which are just about Corvette class in their weaponry.
Lets talk about the subs: 2 old Agosta 70s which are only fit for training and crying for replacement. The 3 Agosta 90s are newer but not state of the art anyway.
So finally what your PN has is mainly a bunch of 'old crocks' that will struggle to fend off a blockade of your coast itself instead of taking a blockade somewhere else!
What are the missiles in your PN's armory? C-802s, Harpoons and AM-38 Exocets. What are the ranges of these missiles? Do the math.
About JF-17s; how many are in service now? And how many can the PAF assign to the PN? Considering that actually there is a whole fleet of Mirages, F-7s and A-6s waiting to be replaced. One of your fellow Pakistani posters has rightly averred that how on earth can the PAF fight off both the IAF and the IN!
Also consider that the IN has both a Surface Fleet and an Air Fleet. While the PN has no air offensive capabilities.

So Dude; stick to your Weed. Since it is so plentiful and may even be cheap and affordable. It wiil help you to hallucinate and forget many things. It seems to have helped you to forget your nationality already, may be it'll also help you to forget your gender and identity, going forward.
Keep smokin. :tup:

with small budget they are buying smartly they already got 4 frigate with good strike weapon got 3 agosta 90 and 2 small submarine with torpedo and Ashm ,under development chinese sub and new frigate . and missile boat with ASHM

I mean is it possible for nuclear country to blockade nuclear country with first use policy and do we have that much vessel to do it with all the advance weaponry available to strike from long distance with advance ASHM .
1971 was possible because the available ASHM may be 40 miles or KM but now C-803 300 Km and CM400AKG mac 4 with 250 KM range and a Jf-17 with 2 of any of these missile with a radius of 1000 km and frigate to fire them .

Even if Pakistan Navy were to double its budget, it would still end up getting blockaded at its port. The surface combatants it is buying are more like the Corvette's that Indian Navy has. They are not weapons platforms that would be shake any one, they are modest at best. The only saving grace is that they have to keep buying these just saving grace and anti-piracy missions.

Lastly, Yes, it is possible for India to blockade Pakistan. And quite easily at that. A Blockade is does not imply that the two Navy's stand face to face and fight till one dies like it is in land warfare.

All that needs to be done is that their two main ports have to be destroyed. Indian Navy can do that over 350 kms away from their coast and bottle up Karachi. And try to read up on what the IN is procuring - all major surface combatants are being equipped with SAM systems.

We all know how thing work in india so many platform are suppose to acquired already but see where we are the sub we have half of them are not operation and half are refitted but very old we order scorpene sub without AIP and our nuclear sub is taking time to develop .
Aircraft carrier may be next year and old ready to retire .
Pakistan and China are playing gwadar very quitely and they are going to develop naval base and once china have it investment it is going to protect it and help PN with frigate and destroyer.
The frigate's they are buying are Corvette's in their firepower and Pakistan can develop 5 more Port's if they want, it would still not give them enough assets to fight with IN.

Unless PLAN stations its own vessels - their capital ships and atleast half a dozen, Pakistan would be blockaded. There are no two ways about this fact.

And PLAN is not stationing itself at Gwadar. Not now or in the immediate future.

What took you so long popeye did olive cheat you again , she is developing this bad habit lately hahaha.
They have all old weapon and we have star war weapons system with old sub that hardly works and navy price sub arihant is like white elephant with out nuke reactor give me your address so i can send you some ice bcoz u cannot afford muttah hahaha

Hello my Pakistani friend; you forget that the Straits of Hormuz (its not Harmuz as you W.Punjabis would like to spell it) and the Gulf of Oman are both littoral and International waters. Read the post above by @RazorMC who understands how only an idiot would attempt to blockade that part.

Next part is where are the resources available with the PN to control the large expanse of the Arabian Sea. 6 tired old Amazon frigates that UK disposed of cheaply because they were unmaintainable, 1 toothless OHP frigate that USA transferred for free. What is left, the 4 F-22 frigates transferred by China which are just about Corvette class in their weaponry.
Lets talk about the subs: 2 old Agosta 70s which are only fit for training and crying for replacement. The 3 Agosta 90s are newer but not state of the art anyway.
So finally what your PN has is mainly a bunch of 'old crocks' that will struggle to fend off a blockade of your coast itself instead of taking a blockade somewhere else!
What are the missiles in your PN's armory? C-802s, Harpoons and AM-38 Exocets. What are the ranges of these missiles? Do the math.
About JF-17s; how many are in service now? And how many can the PAF assign to the PN? Considering that actually there is a whole fleet of Mirages, F-7s and A-6s waiting to be replaced. One of your fellow Pakistani posters has rightly averred that how on earth can the PAF fight off both the IAF and the IN!
Also consider that the IN has both a Surface Fleet and an Air Fleet. While the PN has no air offensive capabilities.

So Dude; stick to your Weed. Since it is so plentiful and may even be cheap and affordable. It wiil help you to hallucinate and forget many things. It seems to have helped you to forget your nationality already, may be it'll also help you to forget your gender and identity, going forward.
Keep smokin. :tup:

Wakeup from your day dreaming we cannot blockade a nuclear power with first use doctrine and cruise missile with range of 700km they can easily destroy our bases in gujarat and maharastra and our oil reserve so dont put too much pressure on your little brain bye good to me :)

Even if Pakistan Navy were to double its budget, it would still end up getting blockaded at its port. The surface combatants it is buying are more like the Corvette's that Indian Navy has. They are not weapons platforms that would be shake any one, they are modest at best. The only saving grace is that they have to keep buying these just saving grace and anti-piracy missions.

Lastly, Yes, it is possible for India to blockade Pakistan. And quite easily at that. A Blockade is does not imply that the two Navy's stand face to face and fight till one dies like it is in land warfare.

All that needs to be done is that their two main ports have to be destroyed. Indian Navy can do that over 350 kms away from their coast and bottle up Karachi. And try to read up on what the IN is procuring - all major surface combatants are being equipped with SAM systems.

The frigate's they are buying are Corvette's in their firepower and Pakistan can develop 5 more Port's if they want, it would still not give them enough assets to fight with IN.

Unless PLAN stations its own vessels - their capital ships and atleast half a dozen, Pakistan would be blockaded. There are no two ways about this fact.

Wakeup from your day dreaming we cannot blockade a nuclear power with first use doctrine and cruise missile with range of 700km they can easily destroy our bases in gujarat and maharastra and our oil reserve so dont put too much pressure on your little brain bye good to me :)

If that is your response, then it is evident I wasted my time replying to a troll.

Try to learn something new next time instead of ranting.

What took you so long popeye did olive cheat you again , she is developing this bad habit lately hahaha.
They have all old weapon and we have star war weapons system with old sub that hardly works and navy price sub arihant is like white elephant with out nuke reactor give me your address so i can send you some ice bcoz u cannot afford muttah hahaha

b11720585dabc5ee3025e6ff6cce0733.jpg

Facepalm.jpg

Dont ruin the topic... Im asking in detail Does the large number of Ballistic missiles ( ofcourse they are long range enough to Provide full sea protection for pakistan) having 1 frigate is almost equal to buy 30 BM's easily which By far for me to defend is more suitable since the HATF IX and new BM's to change trajectory can provide us further power to use them even if the enemy ship have sam's.
And yes one more thing to according to my opinion having 24 jf17 with Hyper sonic missile that we have can be an excellent option for a air support for our fleet.
I have read many stories of Soviet in ww2 when they did not have good tanks like IS 3 or T34 there artillery had an edge which gave them long range support even over Dangerous Tanks of Nazi forces so, Looking at modern world ofcourse Artillery is not that longed range so Ballistic missiles with Sub Hypersonic speed can be Very Dangerous ...

For Example an enemy ship even if is firing the Sam over BM's it would be useless as they Naval ships dont have any ballistic kill capabilities but just for Cruise missiles.

Baffling last paragraph, although the rest of the argument, devoid of defective analogies, is reasonable.

Listen what Pakistan's former defence minster Ahmed Mukhtar has to say. He acknowleged that India is in far better condition compared to the past.

Do you think India will sit idle in case of war. :lol: We saw their nuclear power in Kargil.

Regarding Cruise missiles , PN may already have few Babur onboard Agosta subs...For a viable credible deterrant PN will need subs of 3000 tons and above.
For avoiding a naval blockade PN ha Missile boats and in addition to that PAF has considerable sea strike capability via C-802,CM-400AKG and harpoons on JF-17....
PN also has considerable reconnaissance capability via UAV.
So in my opinion and thats just my opinion,a naval blockade wont be as easy as it sounds...

For further strengthening naval deterrence and defence..PN can induce more numbers and varieties of Anti ship and anti sub munition along with reconnaissance platforms.

True, but not the whole picture, either.

1. Land-based missiles after all have a limited range. Staying just out of range is not a big deal for a blockading force.
2. Small and medium sized missile-carrying warships have greater range. But they are vulnerable to attack themselves (indeed, so are land-based missiles, except that locating them is far easier, and identifying the locations far more difficult for the opposing forces, so land-based missiles are practically undetectable).
3. Anything larger than a medium-sized missile-carrying warship, a corvette, say, is likely to be a target itself. To do anything useful against a blockading Force's individual units, such a warship would have to carry an enormous amount of self-defending ordnance.
4. The air option is left as the only good option, and it will be hunted by any opposing force on priority.

Meanwhile the blockade would continue.

Listen what Pakistan's former defence minster Ahmed Mukhtar has to say. He acknowleged that India is in far better condition compared to the past.

Do you think India will sit idle in case of war. :lol: We saw their nuclear power in Kargil.

You also saw our nuclear power it post parliament attacks, 26/11, beheading of indian soldiers, etc...

Dont make me remind you ;)

LOL Pakistanis themselves accept their conventional weapons are no match to India, while nukes as the only deterant.

Not true.

Our conventional weapons are deterrent.

And their doing pretty well.

Even India had to shut up when Pakistani jets flew over Indian controlled Sir Creek? ;)

Back
Top Bottom