What's new

Alternate solution for Pakistan Navy to counter Large Navies ?

You also saw our nuclear power it post parliament attacks, 26/11, beheading of indian soldiers, etc...

Dont make me remind you ;)

Not true.

Our conventional weapons are deterrent.

And their doing pretty well.

Even India had to shut up when Pakistani jets flew over Indian controlled Sir Creek? ;)

Do you even know the defence budget comparison of India and Pakistan,:lol: go listen to your minister and generals.

You started Kargil on pride of having nukes but it failed to achieve the goal. there was no plan of Indian attack on Pakistan post 22/11, it was Pakistan who got alarmed, where your fake claim came from. On what context did you used soldier beheading, Pakistan suffered more casualties.

Do you even know the defence budget comparison of India and Pakistan,:lol: go listen to your minister and generals.

You started Kargil on pride of having nukes but it failed to achieve the goal. there was no plan of Indian attack on Pakistan post 22/11, it was Pakistan who got alarmed, where your fake claim came from. On what context did you used soldier beheading, Pakistan suffered more casualties.

Iran with a puny defence budget is still a threat to US with $1 trillion budget... See what i mean?

And yes, there was plan of Indian attack. Even Su-30 came to probe us near the border, butPAF showed it off. Your nation was basicaly begging MMS to attack Pakistan, and your GOI even called for preemptive strikes. Were you drunk at the time or something?

But atleast none of our soldier suffered humiliation of beheading by Indians... They went as Shaheed in highest glory &respectable death in battle field :pakistan:

Wasnt that what your media was crying about? The humiliation?

Nobody wins in war,you should know this by now

Regarding Cruise missiles , PN may already have few Babur onboard Agosta subs...For a viable credible deterrant PN will need subs of 3000 tons and above.
For avoiding a naval blockade PN ha Missile boats and in addition to that PAF has considerable sea strike capability via C-802,CM-400AKG and harpoons on JF-17....
PN also has considerable reconnaissance capability via UAV.
So in my opinion and thats just my opinion,a naval blockade wont be as easy as it sounds...

For further strengthening naval deterrence and defence..PN can induce more numbers and varieties of Anti ship and anti sub munition along with reconnaissance platforms.

True, but not the whole picture, either.

1. Land-based missiles after all have a limited range. Staying just out of range is not a big deal for a blockading force.
2. Small and medium sized missile-carrying warships have greater range. But they are vulnerable to attack themselves (indeed, so are land-based missiles, except that locating them is far easier, and identifying the locations far more difficult for the opposing forces, so land-based missiles are practically undetectable).
3. Anything larger than a medium-sized missile-carrying warship, a corvette, say, is likely to be a target itself. To do anything useful against a blockading Force's individual units, such a warship would have to carry an enormous amount of self-defending ordnance.
4. The air option is left as the only good option, and it will be hunted by any opposing force on priority.

Meanwhile the blockade would continue.

A blockade is all but evident from Pakistan's acquisitions. Those things you mention Safriz will not prevent a blockade. Joe has explained it well.
It boils down simply to dollars. Pakistan does not have enough to buy the kind of assets required to prevent a Naval blockade.

Does Large Number of Cruise and Ballistic Missile might be the answer to counter Large Threats Like india in Naval Role?
Missile Defense’s Real Enemy: Math | Flashpoints
Read This article although this has no pakistan mentioned but it does make a point if force like Paksitan navy cant buy ships or jets what if Large number of BM's or CM's be the answers...

Which are cheaper than Ships and can be accomodated in large numbers.
Firstly, what is the role of Pakistan's navy? Protecting the 1,046 kilometres of coastline along the Arabian Sea, protecting its territorial waters, ensuring safe passage for its merchant ships through vulnerable areas, preventing enemy naval resources to inflict damage to its assets including important civilian harbors and military bases, possible sea control around the Persian Gulf and part of the Arabian Sea, and possibly limited global expeditionary operations in the future.

Now you can't achieve all this with a few missiles. You need physical presence for area domination and other roles as mentioned above. Missiles are just a force multiplier.

In the same vein, why have an air force at all? Can't missiles do the job? No! They can't!

The best PN can do in an all out conflict is to try and defend it's coastline and ports, if PN gets drawn in to a battle by IN it will be buried in days and kids who believe PN can force a naval blockade should quit weed

Iran with a puny defence budget is still a threat to US with $1 trillion budget... See what i mean?

And yes, there was plan of Indian attack. Even Su-30 came to probe us near the border, butPAF showed it off. Your nation was basicaly begging MMS to attack Pakistan, and your GOI even called for preemptive strikes. Were you drunk at the time or something?

But atleast none of our soldier suffered humiliation of beheading by Indians... They went as Shaheed in highest glory &respectable death in battle field :pakistan:

Where you cooked up those stories. :lol:

hahahaha first if Iran wants it can get more bucks into defence unlike pakistan... they don't need import oil...

coming to su-30, as per your claim.... Just keep IAF and PAF aside... usually USA send it just to take a look into enemy territory when the enemy jets chased, it simple flew away from their territory... it is needless to attack the chasing jets.... funny people funny claims...

EzioAltaïr;4099705 said:
And to understand just how different real war is from the mentioned games, play Total War. :D

No, I'm not joking here.

I am in RTW... if you play the game online ... then you might have heard of Spider_Pig... I am in CoH clan!

Dont ruin the topic... Im asking in detail Does the large number of Ballistic missiles ( ofcourse they are long range enough to Provide full sea protection for pakistan) having 1 frigate is almost equal to buy 30 BM's easily which By far for me to defend is more suitable since the HATF IX and new BM's to change trajectory can provide us further power to use them even if the enemy ship have sam's.
And yes one more thing to according to my opinion having 24 jf17 with Hyper sonic missile that we have can be an excellent option for a air support for our fleet.
I have read many stories of Soviet in ww2 when they did not have good tanks like IS 3 or T34 there artillery had an edge which gave them long range support even over Dangerous Tanks of Nazi forces so, Looking at modern world ofcourse Artillery is not that longed range so Ballistic missiles with Sub Hypersonic speed can be Very Dangerous ...

For Example an enemy ship even if is firing the Sam over BM's it would be useless as they Naval ships dont have any ballistic kill capabilities but just for Cruise missiles.

Firstly ballistic missiles are not sold to another countries because of MTCR.

Secondly Ballistic missile can't hit moving ships.

Thirdly, if I consider IN and PN, IN warships are much advanced. They can detect PN warships of old design much ahead than the PN warships can.
Thus they can launch Brahmos from 300 km away which then will take 500 odd seconds to ram into PN warships thereby not only destroying the ships but these ASCM on board.:azn:

PN planners would be constantly studying the doctrines adopted by Iranian Navy, PLAN and N Korean Navy to face a far more powerful USN. However, IN is not really too large / powerful for PN considering that in case of an Indo-Pak conflict, PLAN, Indonesian Navy and BN would inevitably be drawn in on the side of PN.

If you really want to know what is humiliation read past.1971

And if you are not a history lover, ask the chief of your army to openly admit infront of media that these beheading was done by Pakistan Army. Then we will again show you what is called humiliation.:smitten:

Shameless and Spineless people. Don't have the guts to openly admit but make such claim in forums.:taz::omghaha:

Strange to see people talking about PN blocking routes to Indian ports. It would take numbers like the USN to be able to cover such a large area.

My opinion: The only thing that PN considers is how to prevent a blockade and for how long.

There are alternatives, however, that can ensure fuel supply to Pakistan even in times of war. This can reduce the impact of an IN blockade.

PS: Using ballistic missiles to target enemy navy vessels? Why?

PN planners would be constantly studying the doctrines adopted by Iranian Navy, PLAN and N Korean Navy to face a far more powerful USN. However, IN is not really too large / powerful for PN considering that in case of an Indo-Pak conflict, PLAN, Indonesian Navy and BN would inevitably be drawn in on the side of PN.

As they have drawn in the past. And what you just said... BN:omghaha::rofl:

Back
Top Bottom