What's new

Alternate solution for Pakistan Navy to counter Large Navies ?

Most of the oil we import comes from gulf Harmuz and its very easy for pakistan navy to block them and as i said if they declare state of war with india our insurance goes up.
Are we still in 1971 the new ASM are more powerfull and cover more distance .

Well Well I still have doubts if they can do that....and we have the whole arabian sea and many pots to bring in oil inside the county...Mumbai isn.t the only port on the west coast.

It can also be brought through Cochin or Goa or Dharwad....

I love WEED very cheap Here :D
I don't know about Hallucination but its not possible for us to Repeat what we did in 1971 bcoz of the weapon system Pakistan have and the platform like JF-17 with CM400 and C-803 .PN may be very small navy but the have very good Frigate with good missile and don't forget about Submarine its way better then what we have .
And the submarine is going to prevent us from blockade .
Been smoking too much weed, eh? The state of your PN today is that of a Coast Guard of a small country and you are hallucinating about it setting up blockades! :lol:

Remember when our IN set up the blockade in 1971, then again in 1999 during Op Talwar; some of your PN personnel found it expedient to go on medical leave rather than facing doom. Now the disparity is even bigger, you do not stand a chance.
So quit hallucinating........ :D

LOLL, you got taken in by the false-flagger. Satish please read up about the relative strengths of the two navies. Seems you are not very clear about that. :)

BTW, my dear Satish; Dharwad is not even a port!

I don't know about Hallucination but its not possible for us to Repeat what we did in 1971 bcoz of the weapon system Pakistan have and the platform like JF-17 with CM400 and C-803 .PN may be very small navy but the have very good Frigate with good missile and don't forget about Submarine its way better then what we have .
And the submarine is going to prevent us from blockade .

How's that possible with a small defence budget compared to India. Pakistanis themselves aknowledge that they are no match to India in conventional warfare, that's why they are making so many nukes.

What about us do we have enough vessel to do it like we did it in 1971 ?

Pakistan don't have concrete plans for a naval base in Gwadar and alone can't incur the cost of construction.

Pakistan don't have enough resources to execute such a massive task.

with small budget they are buying smartly they already got 4 frigate with good strike weapon got 3 agosta 90 and 2 small submarine with torpedo and Ashm ,under development chinese sub and new frigate . and missile boat with ASHM

How's that possible with a small defence budget compared to India. Pakistanis themselves aknowledge that they are no match to India in conventional warfare, that's why they are making so many nukes.

with small budget they are buying smartly they already got 4 frigate with good strike weapon got 3 agosta 90 and 2 small submarine with torpedo and Ashm ,under development chinese sub and new frigate . and missile boat with ASHM

Buying smartly is a myth.

We all know they don't have cash in hand like us but they have good friend who lend them for long term loan and give them smart and advance weapon .see the cost of JF-17,F22p frigate and missile way cheaper then us .

Buying smartly is a myth.

We all know they don't have cash in hand like us but they have good friend who lend them for long term loan and give them smart and advance weapon .see the cost of JF-17,F22p frigate and missile way cheaper then us .

Chinese themselves rejected JF-17.

Its not possible for us to block pakistan but its very easy for them to block our oil from gulf and if they just declare the region in conflict our oil will be very expansive from insurance only.
and it will take us at least a decade to become blue navy and who have seen future if every thing workout good for pakistan they may be having good navy too.
I think if PAF just dedicate 2 squadron of JF-17 with CM400 And C-803 thats enough for them .

Pakistan cannot blockade Indian supplies even after Gwadar port is operational, IN is too big to handle with up coming carriers and destroyers.

With Chinese backing they may have chance but IN is on its way to make Indian ocean India's ocean and is speeding up the procuring process. India will also gain the military presence in the choke points of oil routes.

I mean is it possible for nuclear country to blockade nuclear country with first use policy and do we have that much vessel to do it with all the advance weaponry available to strike from long distance with advance ASHM .
1971 was possible because the available ASHM may be 40 miles or KM but now C-803 300 Km and CM400AKG mac 4 with 250 KM range and a Jf-17 with 2 of any of these missile with a radius of 1000 km and frigate to fire them .

Can you explain it a bit in detail.

@Capt.Popeye Need your inputs.

Last edited by a moderator:
I mean is it possible for nuclear country to blockade nuclear country with first use policy and do we have that much vessel to do it with all the advance weaponry available to strike from long distance with advance ASHM .
1971 was possible because the available ASHM may be 40 miles or KM but now C-803 300 Km and CM400AKG mac 4 with 250 KM range and a Jf-17 with 2 of any of these missile with a radius of 1000 km and frigate to fire them .

What ever you write, Pakistan navy = Indian Coast guards. PN blocking India is joke; however Pakistan Air Force and army can to some extent match India's

i will not say rejecting but not fitting in their doctrine but if we see the weapon system that this platform carries and able to deliver and cheap so that they can acquire in numbers.

Chinese themselves rejected JF-17.

I am just giving my view and i never said that our navy is coast guard but its not easy to repeat 1971 it will be easy for us after acquiring scorpene sub and
This is the list of ships which are for sure to be inducted into the navy till 2015 (source: wikipedia)

1.) Kamorta Class Corvettes (4) - INS Kamorta, INS Kadmatt, INS Kiltan, INS Kavaratti.

2.) Shivalik Class Frigate (1) - INS Sahyadri.

3.) Kolkata Class Destroyers (3) - INS Kolkata, INS Kochi, INS Chennai.

4.) At least 1 scorpene submarine.

5.) SSBN (2) - INS Arihant, INS Arindham

6.) Aircraft carrier (2) - INS Vikramaditya, INS Vikrant.

7.) Talwar Class Frigate (2) - INS Tarkash, INS Trikand.

These add up to 15 ships, please expand the list if possible also how much Indian Navy ships will retire in the given period?

What ever you write, Pakistan navy = Indian Coast guards. PN blocking India is joke; however Pakistan Air Force and army can to some extent match India's

Can you explain it a bit in detail.

@Capt.Popeye Need your inputs.

Kahan dimag laga rahe ho yaar... This fellow is planning to hit IN vessels with CM400. Its useless to argue with someone who thinks a JF-17 carrying two CM-400 will successfully attack an IN frigate/Destroyer without getting blown to pieces first.

Last edited by a moderator:
We all know how thing work in india so many platform are suppose to acquired already but see where we are the sub we have half of them are not operation and half are refitted but very old we order scorpene sub without AIP and our nuclear sub is taking time to develop .
Aircraft carrier may be next year and old ready to retire .
Pakistan and China are playing gwadar very quitely and they are going to develop naval base and once china have it investment it is going to protect it and help PN with frigate and destroyer.

Pakistan cannot blockade Indian supplies even after Gwadar port is operational, IN is too big to handle with up coming carriers and destroyers.

With Chinese backing they may have chance but IN is on its way to make Indian ocean India's ocean and is speeding up the procuring process. India will also gain the military presence in the choke points of oil routes.

Back
Top Bottom