What's new

Altay & Turkish Main Battle Tank Programs

Lets say , in long term; Turkish army will use about 1000 altay.. and lets say all of them will be "altay-t3 unmanned turret tanks" .It means just 1000 men save.. and it means nothing to the turkish army's training and man-source capability.

But it means a lot about ; rate of fire ,less casualty , lower turret , less total weight , more hp/tonnes with the same engine etc.But also it means more mechanic problems ; less people in crew too..

I would prefer ; both tanks at the same time. I mean; altay-t3 tanks for "armed" bridges ; and altay-t2 tanks for "mechanized, motorized bridges and border units". It makes about 600 altay-t3 , and 1000 altayt2.. whatever ... they decided reverse.

i guess ;because of being lack of money for such a buy ; having altays will be slow and we will go on seing m60s and leo2s in turkish army next 30 years.

Last edited:

So let me get this straight:

You give the project over to BMC because BMC pledges to build a big *** factory for the production of Altay and other vehicles and projects. To accomplish this you give them a big *** piece of land in Sakarya. All of this of course happens in 2017 before tender has been given to anyone.

BMC barely starts building the factory but is too incompetent to be successful in it so cancels the whole project, so there for no factory in Sakarya and no place for Altay to be build.

And now you reward the incompetence of the firm called BMC by selling them your pride of the Armed Forces Industry for 25 years for cheap so they can build Altay. The same factory that builds the Firtina 1/2 and does maintance for a whole range of vehicles. What, are we gonna pay BMC for that now too so they can produce vehicles and maintain them which the Army was doing already on its own?

How do you with a straight face go out and argue that BMC still deserves to keep the tender? If I were FNSS and Otokar I would sue the shit out of the Government and BMC.

And this is people how you sabotage your own Country, Military and Pride.

Before anybody says "wE dOn'T kNoW wHo Is GoNa GeT iT" Yes we all know we all know its gonna be BMC.

Last edited:

You give the project over to BMC because BMC pledges to build a big *** factory for the production of Altay and other vehicles and projects. To accomplish this you give them a big *** piece of land in Sakarya. All of this of course happens in 2017 before tender has been given to anyone.

BMC barely starts building the factory but is too incompetent to be successful in it so cancels the whole project, so there for no factory in Sakarya and no place for Altay to be build.

And know you reward the incompetence of the firm called BMC by selling them your pride of the Armed Forces Industry for 25 years for cheap so they can build Altay. The same factory that builds the Firtina 1/2 and does maintance for a whole range of vehicles. What, are we gonna pay BMC for that now too so they can produce vehicles and maintain them which the Army was doing already on its own?

How do you with a straight face go out and argue that BMC still deserves to keep the tender? If I were FNSS and Otokar I would sue the shit out of the Government and BMC.

Before anybody says "wE dOn'T kNoW wHo Is GoNa GeT iT" Yes we all know we all know its gonna be BMC.
This is absolutely crazy, and has got no point whatsoever. Nothing can legimate this.:closed:

And know you reward the incompetence of the firm called BMC by selling them your pride of the Armed Forces Industry for 25 years for cheap so they can build Altay. The same factory that builds the Firtina 1/2 and does maintance for a whole range of vehicles. What, are we gonna pay BMC for that now too so they can produce vehicles and maintain them which the Army was doing already on its own?

How dare you?:nono::nono::nono:
This is absolutely crazy, and has got no point whatsoever. Nothing can legimate this.:closed:
And you.:nono::nono::nono:

Dont worry,im sure we'll get them in 2040,after Erdogan.:sarcastic::sarcastic::sarcastic:

Well fucking said. The fact that they kept postponing the entire fucking tender purely because of BMC should already have been a massive red flag. Why would you ever even consider giving the tender to a company who was only allowed in the tender not on their capacity and capability to produce tanks but because of its CEO's political orientation. This is nothing short of deep state corruption. **** Erdogan and his cronies.

Well fucking said. The fact that they kept postponing the entire fucking tender purely because of BMC should already have been a massive red flag. Why would you ever even consider giving the tender to a company who was only allowed in the tender not on their capacity and capability to produce tanks but because of its CEO's political orientation. This is nothing short of deep state corruption. **** Erdogan and his cronies.

Corruption destroys everything what a shame to be honest. The defence of the nation comes first too bad Erdogan does not see it that way.

FFS, our soldiers could have been using Altay right now if Otokar was chosen for production. They dont deserve this bullshit.

Back
Top Bottom