What's new

Altay & Turkish Main Battle Tank Programs

I have a question I would like to ask, based on the way we see Altay Armour shaping up.

What are your opinions on the armour which surrounds the cannon (mantlet)? Is it not too large?

I too had that question in mind. Thanks for bringing it up.
In the future variants, the whole tank is going to be improved; so that can be improved also.

That also makes the tank seem like a leo a4

I too had that question in mind. Thanks for bringing it up.
In the future variants, the whole tank is going to be improved; so that can be improved also.

That also makes the tank seem like a leo a4

I could be nitpicking here, there are some modern MBTs that do have a large mantlet (for quicker cannon change i suppose). But it seems to me like the tank cannon could be disabled if a lucky shot gets in between front armour and mantlet. but like i said, nitpicking :)

I have a question I would like to ask, based on the way we see Altay Armour shaping up.

What are your opinions on the armour which surrounds the cannon (mantlet)? Is it not too large?
I noticed that too... but usually gun mantlet is much thicker than the rest of the armor...
so it's not a weak spot, it's probably a strong-spot :)

So I don't think there's a flaw there.... it's probably a good thing

BTW what do you think about ASELSAN SARP on it ?..

Silah Sistemleri | Çözümlerimiz | ASELSAN

ASELSAN SARP provides a perfect match for integration onto tactical vehicles, fixed surveillance posts, towers and critical infrastructures. Depending on the operational requirements, SARP can be equipped with 12.7mm machine gun, 40mm automatic grenade launcher or 7.62mm machine gun.

Through its extensive surveillance and remote control capabilities, SARP enhances situational awareness of the gunner in his proximity while the vulnerability to attacks is decreased drastically.

SARP incorporates advanced features as:

• Fire-on-the-move capability
  • Day and night imaging
  • Automatic target tracking
  • Laser Range Finder for accurate ballistics
  • Last round warning
  • Manuel back-up
  • High ammunition storage capability
• 400 rounds (12.7mm)
• 1000 rounds for (7.62mm)
• 96 rounds (40mm)
  • Complies with MIL-STD-461E for EMI/EMC
  • Complies with MIL-STD-810F for environmental conditions
  • Low silhouette and lightweight
• Turret weight : <165kg (without ammunition, gun and armor)
• Under armour weight : <50kg
• Turret height : <70cm
  • Unlimited rotation in azimuth and -30° to +60° in elevation
  • Tracking speed
• Elevation : >60°/sn
• Azimuth : >60°/sn
  • Acceleration
• Elevation : >90°/sn2
• Azimuth : >90°/sn2
  • Integration interface for external sensors and command & control systems

12.7_mm_SARP%20%C3%BCr%C3%BCn%20detay.jpg

p4ZPzo.jpg

@xxxKULxxx
Not sarp, there will be a small version of STAMP(mini-stamp) on ALTAY

to stay on target during tank movement and turret traverse it's going to be stabilized.

@xxxKULxxx
Not sarp, there will be a small version of STAMP(mini-stamp) on ALTAY

to stay on target during tank movement and turret traverse it's going to be stabilized.

But the gun looks like SARP on ALTAY... You mean it is temporary... Mini-Stamp would be so good for sure...

Sarp is already a mini stamp.. it is the one for land purposes.

View attachment 36452

Compared to these modern MBTs

leopard 2a6
leopard_2a6m_can_canadian_army_kraus_maffei_wegmann_002_site.jpg

T-90
T-90-line.jpg

All depends your technical and tactical choices Military. I think the choices of turkey are excellent. :smart:

Back
Top Bottom