What's new

Akinci & Aksungur and Turkish Unmanned Fighter Aircraft Program

What you should be laughing at is the idea that they're going to develop an armed heavy MALE UAV just to put a weather radar on its nose.

HALE*. They are not developing HALE UAV to do AA missions, but Air to Ground missions. Putting AESA on Akıncı is as stupid as putting AESA on MQ-9 haha:lol:

But actually I think there is a more funny thing, which is that there are huuuge AESA needs for at least 80 F-16 but people are hungry to see AESA on HALE o_O

SAR radar or even weather radar is way to go

HALE*. They are not developing HALE UAV to do AA missions, but Air to Ground missions. Putting AESA on Akıncı is as stupid as putting AESA on MQ-9 haha:lol:

But actually I think there is a more funny thing, which is that there are huuuge AESA needs for at least 80 F-16 but people are hungry to see AESA on HALE o_O

Why don't you take an hour research AESA based SAR and Weather radars, then come back more knowledgeable before spreading disinformation. Hold up, here let me just give you a quick crash course;

SCHIEBEL SELECTS LEONARDO TO SUPPLY AESA-BASED SAR RADAR FOR UAV
PicoSAR-01-Leonardo-692x360.png

Schiebel selected Leonardo’s PicoSAR active electronically-scanned array (AESA)-based synthetic aperture radar (SAR) to equip Schiebel S-100 Camcopter unmanned aerial systems (UAS), which will be delivered to an undisclosed North African country (reportedly Tunisia).

Leonardo’s press release states that the PicoSAR “will be used to support border-monitoring and anti-terrorism surveillance missions.” The SAR units will be delivered and put into service in 2017.

Notes & Comments:

Using AESA transceiver modules (TRM), the Leonardo PicoSAR can provide “high resolution ground mapping” with round-moving target-indicator (GMTI) capability.

As with other SAR radars, the PicoSAR uses radio waves to produce a high-fidelity ‘image’ of the ground environment, and with GMTI, identify and track moving targets such as vehicles.

With a range of 20 km and mapping resolution of lower than one metre, the PicoSAR is positioned as a potent intelligence, surveillance and reconnaissance (ISR) asset. Its light 10-kg weight makes it an option for a diverse range of platforms, especially lightweight UAS such as the Schiebel S-100.

The Schiebel S-100 is a vertical take-off and landing (VTOL) drone with an endurance of over six hours and payload carrying capacity of 50 kg.

The S-100 has been marketed for civilian and military applications, with the latter steered towards ISR. It is evidently being steered towards counterinsurgency and internal security operations as well.

"Putting AESA on Akıncı is as stupid as putting AESA on MQ-9 haha" - lol, that's exactly what the US is doing. A normal person at this point would say "ohhhh, I don't know wtf I'm talking about" and move on.

"Putting AESA on Akıncı is as stupid as putting AESA on MQ-9 haha" - lol, that's exactly what the US is doing. A normal person at this point would say "ohhhh, I don't know wtf I'm talking about" and move on.

If you really believe that Avenger and Akıncı are same classes (Puahahaha :omghaha: ) there is a huuuge problem in ur mind. Dude;

Avenger : Turbofan engine
Akıncı : 2 turboprop engines

Avenger MTOW : 8.25t
Akıncı MTOW : 4.5t

Avenger maximum speed: 740km/s
Akıncı maximum speed: 300km/s? hahaa :lol:

---------------

Yes, we also have different project than Akıncı, a turbofan engine UAV project, here;

HwAPV9.png

and yes this will have probably AESA radar. Not Akıncı. Claiming that US is putting AESA on turboprop powered HALE is moost stupiiiid thing i have heard eveeer ahahahaha :D If you have little bit shame, you better go and learn the differences between different class UAVs that has different engines and roles. Giving Avenger UAV as an excuse to support AESA on Akıncı is ridiculous :enjoy:

If you really believe that Avenger and Akıncı are same classes (Puahahaha :omghaha: ) there is a huuuge problem in ur mind. Dude;

---------------

Yes, we also have different project than Akıncı, a turbofan engine UAV project, here;

HwAPV9.png

and yes this will have probably AESA radar. Not Akıncı. Claiming that US is putting AESA on turboprop powered HALE is moost stupiiiid thing i have heard eveeer ahahahaha :D If you have little bit shame, you better go and learn the differences between different class UAVs that has different engines and roles. Giving Avenger UAV as an excuse to support AESA on Akıncı is ridiculous :enjoy:
Look dude ridiculing your opponent and acting like you are laughing hysterically at them is not an argument. Why dont you do all of us a favor and lay down your arguments because so far it has exclusively consisted of "MQ -9 reaper doesnt have it so neither will Akıncı"

Look dude ridiculing your opponent and acting like you are laughing hysterically at them is not an argument. Why dont you do all of us a favor and lay down your arguments because so far it has exclusively consisted of "MQ -9 reaper doesnt have it so neither will Akıncı"
He claimed that US is putting AESA on MQ-9 (gave Turbofan Avenger's link lmao) and i proved that he was wrong. It's not me claiming that Akıncı will has AESA, therefor i won't have to prove that argument which is not mine. He gotta prove his argument, with logical reasonings. I will of course laugh with full open mouth at him when he pushes turbofan engine platform in front of me as an "argument" for Akıncı having AESA. This doesnt make senseee :D

I belive that after 80+ F16s got their AESA radars, and after MİUS starts flying, they will put AESA on Akıncı to test the radar in UAV technology before applying it on MİUS. I think such thing will happen. And I believe that MİUS will get AESA radar (just like Avenger). Would you like to hear arguments of mine which explains why there will probably be an AESA on MİUS? No? Okay.

Last edited:
. It's not me claiming that Akıncı will has AESA, therefor i won't have to prove that argument which is not mine. He gotta prove his argument, with logical reasonings.
In this case I think the burden of proof falls on Bayraktar, because he is the one claiming Akıncı will have AESA. The guys in this forum are just saying that, especiqlly after bayraktars claims, it is possible that Akıncı could have an AESA radar. You are the one claiming that Bayraktar, who is one of the leading industrialists in defence industry, doesnt know what he is talking about or is lying (please explain if there is a third explanation). So you are burdened with proof too (which, by the way, you have still not shown. Your post still does not contain any reasons for why Akıncı couldnt have an AESA).

Would you like to hear arguments of mine which explains why there will probably be an AESA on MİUS? No? Okay.
Nobody is saying mius will not have an AESA. In fact everyone on this forum will give a testament that mius will indeed have it. Nobody is even talking about mius, you are coming up with new subjects to avoid having to back up your claims.

Nobody is even talking about mius
He talked about Turbofan engine UAV for AESA by giving Avenger UAV, it's rival could be MİUS and not Akıncı. You probably are not able to read and understand most simple sentence in this topic.

It's immersively stuuuupid to claim that turboprop Akıncı will have AESA just because turbofan Avenger has it, but it makes perfeeeect sense to say that turbofan MİUS will has AESA just like turbofan Avenger :enjoy:

---------------

HwAPV9.png

Actually, US plan to put AESA radar on reaper too which was decided in march 2017.
The reason AESA radar is important for these types of UAV, as these UAVs operate far from homeland, they mostly become very vulnerable to air targets. The problem is they cannot even see those coming threats.. if they get shoot down, which is the most important part of it, you can not prove who did it..
on the other hand, if they cannot see those targets or fight back if needed, they can be attacked by EW systems like Iran did..
After videos that Russian aircrafts were flying on top of reaper UAV, US recently decided to arm them with AESA radar, but as the vehicle wasnt designed for this, its taking time to redesign it..
Turkey did a great job planning it ahead of time.. as you can see that nose portion were designed for AESA radar and beack part designed for Sat communication. Where Reaper has camera and Satcom in the nose section..

Actually, US plan to put AESA radar on reaper too which was decided in march 2017.
That is a revolutionary information, i am hungry to see those MQ-9s with AESA radars (any video or picture, always welcome), or even any turboprop HALE with AESA around the globe (to make it easier).

Yes Avenger and MİUS will enjoy their AESA radars, i bet Baykar and Aselsan engineers will make amazing job on unmanned fighter jet MİUS, it will be a huuuuge pain for our neighbors that have bad intentions on our territories. Meanwhile, AKINCI will enjoy it's SAR radar :cheers:

Why don't you take an hour research AESA based SAR and Weather radars, then come back more knowledgeable before spreading disinformation. Hold up, here let me just give you a quick crash course;

SCHIEBEL SELECTS LEONARDO TO SUPPLY AESA-BASED SAR RADAR FOR UAV
PicoSAR-01-Leonardo-692x360.png

Schiebel selected Leonardo’s PicoSAR active electronically-scanned array (AESA)-based synthetic aperture radar (SAR) to equip Schiebel S-100 Camcopter unmanned aerial systems (UAS), which will be delivered to an undisclosed North African country (reportedly Tunisia).

Leonardo’s press release states that the PicoSAR “will be used to support border-monitoring and anti-terrorism surveillance missions.” The SAR units will be delivered and put into service in 2017.

Notes & Comments:

Using AESA transceiver modules (TRM), the Leonardo PicoSAR can provide “high resolution ground mapping” with round-moving target-indicator (GMTI) capability.

As with other SAR radars, the PicoSAR uses radio waves to produce a high-fidelity ‘image’ of the ground environment, and with GMTI, identify and track moving targets such as vehicles.

With a range of 20 km and mapping resolution of lower than one metre, the PicoSAR is positioned as a potent intelligence, surveillance and reconnaissance (ISR) asset. Its light 10-kg weight makes it an option for a diverse range of platforms, especially lightweight UAS such as the Schiebel S-100.

The Schiebel S-100 is a vertical take-off and landing (VTOL) drone with an endurance of over six hours and payload carrying capacity of 50 kg.

The S-100 has been marketed for civilian and military applications, with the latter steered towards ISR. It is evidently being steered towards counterinsurgency and internal security operations as well.

In my opinion, it’s not a bad idea to use AESA over SAR.

(still cannot feed 2 TS-1400 engines for 24 hours o_O )

Akıncı needs 1000 hp. TS-1400 is 1400hp so one will be enough.No need to put two on akıncı.

Also according to AA chart, Akıncı will be able to carry SOM. How? According to Wiki, SOM has a mass of 600kg. If we put a SOM under one wing, it will be very non-balanced. But if we put one under each wing, we will get 1200kg payload, AA chart claims that Akıncı will has 900kg outer payload capacity. I don't see any under-body weapon station.

It can carry under main body instead of wings.

I thought Baykar was working on MIUS (drone with jet-engine) and TAI was working on Akinci.

This basicly means that Baykar is working on both MIUS and Akinci. What drone is TAI working on then?

I think UAV projects switched to baykar so Tai to focus all its energy on hürjet end tfx.

Actually it works exactly like that.. once you finish the development of AESA radar, you can produce it in different size for different ranges..
The only difference with jets might be is they can do their best to bring down the weight which AESA radar itself is way light than previous radars.. but there are some work going on to develop it with 3D production to get better performance

Aesa on uav would have lower standarts than aesa on fighter jet so aselsan can finish aesa for akıncı before 2020 or atleast in 2020.

Akıncı needs 1000 hp. TS-1400 is 1400hp so one will be enough.No need to put two on akıncı.
That's true, but then Anatolian Agency corrected their numbers into 2x550hp, so 1100 hp at total.

Also if wings strong enough, with half fuel Akıncı may be able to carry 2 SOM missiles, one for each wings. It would eat endurance but it's up to commanders' mission planning at the end.

Back
Top Bottom