What's new

Akinci & Aksungur and Turkish Unmanned Fighter Aircraft Program

The rudder and elevator has also unconventional adaptation. Additional, the forward looking prop shafts, is that an advantage or disadvantage.

I really wonder the engine on that baby.

Also according to AA chart, Akıncı will be able to carry SOM. How? According to Wiki, SOM has a mass of 600kg. If we put a SOM under one wing, it will be very non-balanced. But if we put one under each wing, we will get 1200kg payload, AA chart claims that Akıncı will has 900kg outer payload capacity. I don't see any under-body weapon station.

Engine specs were incorrect, Baykar updated infographic from 900hp to 550hp.
guzelik-(1).jpg

MQ9 = 1 x 900hp
Akıncı = 2 x 900hp

MQ9 max alt = 50k feet
Akıncı max alt = 40k feet

MQ9 MTOW = 4.8t
Akıncı MTOW = 4.5t

MQ9 internal payload capacity = 350kg
Akıncı internal payload capacity = 450kg

MQ9 external payload capacity = 1400kg
Akıncı external payload capacity = 900kg

Something is weird o_O If we compare Akıncı's engine power and MQ9's engine power, how come MQ9 ahaed of Akıncı in MTOW, max altitute, payload?

Baykar updated infographic from 900hp to 550hp.

edit: ohhh okay, so engine is 550hp.. That makes more sensee :D

I really wonder the engine on that baby.

Also according to AA chart, Akıncı will be able to carry SOM. How? According to Wiki, SOM has a mass of 600kg. If we put a SOM under one wing, it will be very non-balanced. But if we put one under each wing, we will get 1200kg payload, AA chart claims that Akıncı will has 900kg outer payload capacity. I don't see any under-body weapon station.

It's said to carry the SOM-A variant, which is probably going to be much lighter (and with a reduced range too) for the UAV.

It's said to carry the SOM-A variant, which is probably going to be much lighter (and with a reduced range too) for the UAV.

SOM-A is not a future variant that will be developed for UAV. SOM-A is the first ever version of SOM missile family. It's not like "new SOM missile will be developed for UAV and will be named as SOM-A".

Nobody is talking about AESA radar on the Akinci:-).

You are absolutely right. Especially about the range. Aesa radar that can stay in the air for 24 hours will be very annoying for our neighbors. It is impossible to constantly lift f16. Akinci can have a mini Awacs for us.

You are absolutely right. Especially about the range. Aesa radar that can stay in the air for 24 hours will be very annoying for our neighbors. It is impossible to constantly lift f16. Akinci can have a mini Awacs for us.

they al ready developed a AESA radar, they are going to use it on Akinci. It is going really fast. I mean 6 month later we are in 2019.

Back
Top Bottom