What's new

AGM-114R multi-purpose Hellfire II missile for Pakistani Vipers

Could those Hellfires be in some way fitted to a Burraq drone?

No. The Burraq's payload capacity is limited, thats why a smaller LGM 'Burq' has been developed for it. My hunch is that Pakistan might have secured permission from the US to hang these missiles on our upcoming Z-10 Thunderbolts because 1000 Hellfire-II is HUGE order for just 15 helicopters. This is my best hope, let's see if it comes true :D

Just to add some comedy,

Folks on the BharatRakshak forum are crying that how Pakistan got the billion dollar deal for the AH-1Zs......how they've spent millions on building Afghanistan and uncle sam just spit in their faces.

LOL.

Hahahaha i did read it and had a good laugh. They underestimate the fact that Pakistan has sustained a 50 year partnership with the US with its ups and downs. It remains stronger than Indians would like to believe.

Just to add some comedy,

Folks on the BharatRakshak forum are crying that how Pakistan got the billion dollar deal for the AH-1Zs......how they've spent millions on building Afghanistan and uncle sam just spit in their faces.

LOL.

could i have a link for enjoyment!!!:woot:

Hahahaha i did read it and had a good laugh. They underestimate the fact that Pakistan has sustained a 50 year partnership with the US with its ups and downs. It remains stronger than Indians would like to believe.

There is more. Pakistan "WILL" get the longbow radar, just like the DFRM for the Blk52's. Wait and see!!

typically what is the shelf life of these missiles?
Shelf life with proper maintenance is easily 20 ~ 30yrs. That's not the issue. Countermeasures are. They usually make the missiles obsolete, before the shelf life expires. But again, with upgrades, you never know!!

Last edited:
CCG_LraUoAAmgGk.jpg:large

There is more. Pakistan "WILL" get the longbow radar, just like the DFRM for the Blk52's. Wait and see!!
Do PAF F-16s have DRFM now?i read somewhere US congress didnt approve DRFM for Pakistani F-16s.

I am hoping soon number of helicopters will increase

My hunch is that Pakistan might have secured permission from the US to hang these missiles on our upcoming Z-10 Thunderbolts because 1000 Hellfire-II is HUGE order for just 15 helicopters. This is my best hope, let's see if it comes true :D
Really?

1000/15=66.7 missiles per helicopter

66.7/8 = 8 loads of 4+4 or 4 loads of 4+4+4+4 per helicopter

If you're actually using your attack helicopter in combat, this will last you a while, but not necessarily very long. Esp. if combat is intense. And this calculation is excluding any live rounds used up in practising.

5871801101_064a4dfb36_b.jpg

2005-bell-ah-1z-multi-mission-attack-helicopter-c-640.jpg

Last edited:
No. The Burraq's payload capacity is limited, thats why a smaller LGM 'Burq' has been developed for it. My hunch is that Pakistan might have secured permission from the US to hang these missiles on our upcoming Z-10 Thunderbolts because 1000 Hellfire-II is HUGE order for just 15 helicopters. This is my best hope, let's see if it comes true :D.

@Penguin has summed it up well. A 1000 Hellfires are a fairly nominal purchase for training and warfare usage. Especially considering that the Zulus will be heavily used in the Northwest.

@Penguin has summed it up well. A 1000 Hellfires are a fairly nominal purchase for training and warfare usage. Especially considering that the Zulus will be heavily used in the Northwest.

You think they are going to use 100,000 USD missile to blow up terrorists worth nothing?

Just to add some comedy,

LOL.
WOW positive rating for the above quote.........just saying.:crazy::crazy:

Why not just strafe with the gun and/or rockets?
As you can see, AH-1Z has both Hellfore and Rockets. If they are the Turkish Cirit, then those guided rockets are more expensive compared to unguided Zuni or Hydra rockets. Cirit rockets cost $20,000 each. The existing Hydra-70 costs less than $1,000 each (but has much much lower accuracy, so more rounds are needed per kill)
2.75” Laser Guided Missile CİRİT « Roketsan
Air-Launched 2.75-Inch Rockets
Air Weapons: Turks Develop A Superior 70mm Missile
Military services look to advanced electronics - Military & Aerospace Electronics

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom