What's new

AGM-114R multi-purpose Hellfire II missile for Pakistani Vipers

even can defeat this..? as india may get this bcz off isreal...
Not sure. But counter measures against this system are already being developed, especially by Russia. Check out their modern RPG systems. Secondly, that system is mostly aimed at ground based missiles, i don't know if it can detect an incoming missile coming from a higher angle.

Modifications not allowed uner Arms Export Treaty. At least without permission.
You do realize Turkey also operates the AH-1? I would think any Turkish arms would be compatible > what modifications? And what Turkish, Chinese, Pakistani missiles specifically are we talking about here? Umtas 8km ATGW is compatible with AH – 1 W, for example. Likewise the 2.75” Laser Guided Missile CİRİT rocket.
Long Range Anti-Tank Missile UMTAS « Roketsan
2.75” Laser Guided Missile CİRİT « Roketsan

L-UMTAS has been demonstrated its capability from T – 129 ATAK helicopter against land targets and most recently L-UMTAS has been fired from SH-60 to sea target and successfully hit. CIRIT, designed as the main weapon system of T-129 ATAK Turkish attack helicopter, is integrated and used by AH-1W Cobra helicopter, AT-802 Arc Angel Border Patrol Aircraft and on EC635 Light Combat Helicopter.
Roketsan at IDEX 2015

Last edited:
You do realize Turkey also operates the AH-1? I would think any Turkish arms would be compatible > what modifications? And what Turkish, Chinese, Pakistani missiles specifically are we talking about here?.
I don't think Turkish Cobras are armed with local weapons. Anyhow we would only be interested in arming them with our own ATGMs, a locally produced version of HJ-8.

I don't think Turkish Cobras are armed with local weapons. Anyhow we would only be interested in arming them with our own ATGMs, a locally produced version of HJ-8.
We going to arm our Cobra's with Burq missile and with new FLIR

We going to arm our Cobra's with Burq missile and with new FLIR
Buraq.jpg

Pakistan Test Fires Laser-Guided Missile from Drone | Defense Tech
"Pakistan’s Burraq looks very much like China’s CH-3 unmanned aircraft. The cannards and short body are stand out features."

h5oq.jpg

20100426_51a167c2915679d210b3yZbqL1FOc0J2.jpg

ch-3_missile.jpg

CASC unveiled its first UAV missile, the AR-1, in 2008. The semi-active laser-guided missile can be used with CASC's CH-3, CH-3A, and CH-4 UAVs, which a Chinese source at IDEX said have been sold to around 5-10 countries.
While it has been test-fired 30-40 times, including from Chinese helicopters, the 8-10 km-range AR-1 is currently designed only for use with UAVs. Future plans include expanding the AR-1's seeker options to include infrared/TV imaging.
UPDATE: IDEX 2015: Blue Arrow 9 further expands Chinese UAV weapon options - IHS Jane's 360

Last edited:
"Pakistan’s Burraq looks very much like China’s CH-3 unmanned aircraft. The cannards and short body are stand out features."
It is widely understood to be the same. Although it can be from an independant pathway through Falco drones bought from Italy. Or it can even be a joint venture with China.

Turkish test-bed AH-1S upgraded with Turkish mission computers so Turkish developed missiles are easily be integrated on upgraded Cobra's.

Furthermore, Same domestic missiles are integrated on AH-1W's with introducing MIL-STD NATO standart interface to fire Turkish missiles.

It must be added that Turkish missiles are being developed compatible with MIL-STD 810F and MIL-STD 464A standarts and They are adoptable to all platforms having MIL-STD-1760 NATO interface but I don't suppose USA will allow a non-NATO interface missile to integrate on own mission computers.

AH-1W firing Cirit missile
Cirit_AH-1W.JPG

AH-1P firing Mizrak-U missile
06_umtas-3.jpg

Last edited:
Buraq.jpg

Pakistan Test Fires Laser-Guided Missile from Drone | Defense Tech
"Pakistan’s Burraq looks very much like China’s CH-3 unmanned aircraft. The cannards and short body are stand out features.

UPDATE: IDEX 2015: Blue Arrow 9 further expands Chinese UAV weapon options - IHS Jane's 360

I was talking about this article .. MAy be AR1 is only for UCAV

But this article clearly states that The launching platform for burq will be Burraq UCAV , K8 karakoram and Cobra helicopter //..

and recently some of helo's got new FLIR

11078114_691668250945362_9148670453778855261_n.jpg

Its good PD is getting all that hardware.

Turkey was allowed to heavily modify AH-1S in 2007

AH-1S was transformed from this
6905040881_6a6a391868_z.jpg

To this, It has Turkish mission computer, avionics and E/O.
atak20070926%20(8).jpg

atak20070926%20(7).jpg

I was talking about this article .. MAy be AR1 is only for UCAV

But this article clearly states that The launching platform for burq will be Burraq UCAV , K8 karakoram and Cobra helicopter //..

and recently some of helo's got new FLIR

View attachment 213200
Burraq’s Role In War Against Khawarij | Voice of East

It says "Pakistan should also develop such versions of Barq which can be launched from ...".
"Should" does not equal "will" or "does"

Voice of East about itself:
An avant garde, bilingual magazine projecting the ideology of Pakistan. Strategic and geo-political analysis. Also reviving Iqbal and Rumi in the youth.
Mission
:
• Bringing Muslims together on one platform and inviting them back to the Islam of Prophet [ﷺ], his family and companions.
• Cultivating in our youth the love for reading our glorious literary heritage, including great writers from the World of Islam and focusing on the sublime message of Allama Iqbal, Mevlana Rumi and other great poets and writers from East.
• Developing a consciousness in the new generation for the spiritual and geopolitical importance of Pakistan in the World. Strategic, geopolitical and social analysis by young and aspiring analysts.
• Giving a new life to the dying national language Urdu, by making the writings great literary figures easier to understand through explanatory articles.
For this purpose, we are publishing this magazine in Urdu as well as English because we want to reach every sector of the Ummah and in particular that youth which did not get proper inculcation of Urdu language during their education in schools and colleges. Once they understand the message of great voices from the Orient in English, they will get interested in knowing it in its original form as well, i.e. Urdu, Persian and Arabic.
About | Voice of East

Last edited:

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom