What's new

Aga Khan on Arabic as National Language of Pakistan

Status
Not open for further replies.
I cannot speak on behalf of other countries but I shall respectfully disagree with that notion concerning mine.

of iranians can abandon their ancient language sanskrit, why cant they adopt arabic, its better for them, and in this way they can have better relations in the middle east!!!!!:P

urdu was not created from farsi or dari

How was it created then? Is that why Urdu is 60% Dari? where is your proof to back your point up?

My grandfather knows how to speak, write and read in Dari/Farsi (what's difference?:what:)! You have a good point, we should return to the true language of our region!

In writing form, nothing really, in spoken form quite a bit. it isn't only the accent, but large grammar differences, and many different words. highly educated speakers of Persian should have no issues with either, but normal people may have some difficulty understanding each other.

Arabic shud be our secondary language instead of English, and Urdu will remain our first language forever, no tom dick and harry can change that :agree:

your first language? is that why both Punjabi and Pashto are spoken by more people in Pakistan as a first language, than Urdu? and neither of these languages have official status.

How was it created then? Is that why Urdu is 60% Dari? where is your proof to back your point up?

Really? I was under the impression that its mostly derived from Hindi, Farsi, and Turkish. Isn't Dari similar to Farsi?

Really? I was under the impression that its mostly derived from Hindi, Farsi, and Turkish. Isn't Dari similar to Farsi?

I think hindi was heavily sanskritized to make it distinctive from Urdu, Urdu has been heavily Persianized and Urdu is atleast 60% Dari. Its true Farsi and Dari are the same language, but there are many grammar differences.

People who speak Urdu or hindi will recognise more words in Dari then they would in Farsi

I think hindi was heavily sanskritized to make it distinctive from Urdu, Urdu has been heavily Persianized and Urdu is atleast 60% Dari. Its true Farsi and Dari are the same language, but there are many grammar differences.

People who speak Urdu or hindi will recognise more words in Dari then they would in Farsi

Yeah thats true with the Urdu/Hindi part. But even if someone were to speak Hindi with me I would still get most of what they are saying.

I've never heard Dari, can you say a line speaking Dari I just want to see if I can recognize some words

Yeah thats true with the Urdu/Hindi part. But even if someone were to speak Hindi with me I would still get most of what they are saying.

I've never heard Dari, can you say a line speaking Dari I just want to see if I can recognize some words

in translation it means how are you, are you good, do you have money? where are you?

So in Dari we would say

Chetor asti, joor asti. paisa dari? koja asti

In Farsi the same words would be

Chetori, khoobi. Pul dari? kojai

As i said, any educated speaker of Persian will have no trouble speaking or understanding either dialect.

where is your proof that urdu is 60% persian and that language u say dari!!! i had some persian class mates but could understand 1% of what they said!!

in translation it means how are you, are you good, do you have money? where are you?

So in Dari we would say

As i said, any educated speaker of Persian will have no trouble speaking or understanding either dialect.

Well you were right about Dari as opposed to Farsi having vocabulary similar to Urdu, but in the Dari one I could only make out the word paisa lol and the Farsi one none of it. But I'm sure if you were to converse with me in Dari I wouldn't understand most of what you're saying. Can you speak fluent Urdu?

of iranians can abandon their ancient language sanskrit, why cant they adopt arabic, its better for them, and in this way they can have better relations in the middle east!!!!!:P

Old Persian and Sanskrit have been proven to have similar roots by academics. This however does not mean that Sanskrit was the tongue of Iran and then was later abandoned by Iranians for another Iranian tongue, Middle-Persian/ Farsi. The older tongue was Avestan Persian. The only tongue Iranians have forgotten though are older variants of Persian but even that is not termed as abandoning, but rather as lingual evolution.

Also, how is Arabic institutionalized as a national language of benefit to Iran as a nation? Also, you seem to assume all Arabic-tongued states enjoy warm relations with another, which is evidently not true and so wouldn't be in Iran's case either.

where is your proof that urdu is 60% persian and that language u say dari!!! i had some persian class mates but could understand 1% of what they said!!

so what? we probably speak 50%, if that of the vocabulary of each language we speak. are you telling me you know how to speak heavy, pure Urdu?

Well you were right about Dari as opposed to Farsi having vocabulary similar to Urdu, but in the Dari one I could only make out the word paisa lol and the Farsi one none of it. But I'm sure if you were to converse with me in Dari I wouldn't understand most of what you're saying. Can you speak fluent Urdu?

I cant speak fluent Urdu, but im sure most people cant speak fluent of any language, as the vocabulary of each language is so much.

Load of bullshit - Urdu was, is and will always remain national language of Pakistan.You want to be slave of Arabs?If you have identity crisis and want to be Arab.Here's a piece of Advice: Strip of your nationality and move to some Middle Eastern Country and become chaprassi there as they only hire Bangladeshis/Pakistanis/INdians for cleaning shitholes.

Most prophet of Allah emerged from middle east (Arabs) and there must be a good reason behind it (Allahu A'lam). Perhaps you are right on some Arabs (middle eastern) behavior on poor in general but not all Arabs are same. We are Muslims and we should be proud of our religion whether some Arabs like us or not. We are not purest people either because we do not treat our poor right so it is unfair to blame on Arabs unilaterally without fixing our own home. We do so many things to avoid Zakat that belongs to poor. Oh man.

We are not require to learn Arabic to impress any Arabs. We need to learn Arabic to understand Qur'an, Hadis and perform daily salat(prayer). No other language can be substitute when we pray.

I think we should not disrespect language of Qur'an and our beloved prophet out of emotion. Our language is good but it has no importance with religious matter. You can read translated version of Qur'an thousand times but it still will not be same without reading the original Arabic script.

I cant speak fluent Urdu, but im sure most people cant speak fluent of any language, as the vocabulary of each language is so much.

Well i meant like just would you be able to have a conversion in Urdu with someone. Cause in Khyber-P people don't converse in Urdu too often.

So in Dari we would say

You aren't exactly correct.

Chetori is informal still. Also it would be "Khub-e" and not "Khub-i." Similarly it is "Koja ast" and not "Kojai."

As for Urdu, if a Persian/Farsi connection has to be made, it can be termed as a highly Persian-ised (in terms of vocabulary) version of colloquial Hindi. Urdu maintains the grammatical fixtures, verb tenses and figures of speech found in Hindi (such as a differing verb tense based on gender which is nonexistent in Persian) but utilizes a Persian-Arabic script.

The Arabic-derived words found in the Urdu language aren't inherited from Arabic directly but through the inclusion of Arabic-derived words found in Persian. In pronunciation, the language most closely associated with Urdu is Hindi. As for some specific Persian words used in Urdu, their closest pronunciation is found in the eastern Dari variant of Persian and the same case follows for Arabic-origin words.

Can you speak fluent Urdu?

I can.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom